What's new

Dubai pardons Norwegian woman accused of adultery

So she says to the police she was raped. Then in court she claims it was consensual sex (implying she wasn't raped) She get's convicted for confessing to this crime and the media portrays it like she's in jail for getting raped?

Rediculous.

Dubai "pardons" a rape victim for committing the heinous crime of getting raped....how kind of them!! Justice prevails. :hitwall:

With no bearing on UAE etc. I want you to answer the following

If you were the man who that woman was involved with / raped by.
and you two had intercourse, with no one else there

1. How would you know the woman will NOT accuse you of rape tomorrow ?

2. Prostitution is there in UAE, and they have had many cases of prostitutes launching complaints to gain financial leverage. In which case how different do you think police might have responded ?

3. I want you also to analyze society whereby a wife can accuse her husband of rape. Would you want your society to turn to that ?

awaiting feedback ..

Physically western but mentally? Who knows :)

@Silverblaze

You must have taken my sarcastic post too seriously, sorry for making you uncomfortabl. I thought you'd have groked my joke :undecided:

Just so you know, yours truly happens to be half western, my maternal family came from Italy nearly 70 years ago, and resided in Texas ever since.

Chao
:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay :yay: the young lady is out! Cool.

Her moral lesson should be not to tell a lie.

I'm guessing you're implying that I'm extremist, if so, I hate to burst your bubble, I'm not religious at all.

You may need to go through my posts to realize what kind of person yours truly is.

Yay :yay: the young lady is out! Cool.

Her moral lesson should be not to tell a lie.

I'm guessing you're implying that I'm extremist, if so, I hate to burst your bubble, I'm not religious at all.

You may need to go through my posts to realize what kind of person yours truly is.
you might not be religious, but you are arab nationalist. I would read your post wrt arabs with a little bit of skepticism. :chilli:

you might not be religious, but you are arab nationalist. I would read your post wrt arabs with a little bit of skepticism. :chilli:

i dont find anything wrong with that .......you and i would do the same if some one bad mouthed our countries:cool:

i dont find anything wrong with that .......you and i would do the same if some one bad mouthed our countries:cool:

I did not say I got problem with what he writes, but when it comes to arabs, I would be a bit skeptic about his claims. Thats all.

Law of the land....obey the customs and don't look for nighouts...you'll be safe.

:cheesy: :cheesy:

Prosecution records quoted the woman admitting that she had consensual sex with H.A.

Prosecution records cited Dalelv admitting that she initiated the sexual activity with H.A. and he responded.

When asked by the investigating prosecutor why she reported to the police that she was raped, the Norwegian claimed it was because she was under the influence of liquor.

With no bearing on UAE etc. I want you to answer the following

If you were the man who that woman was involved with / raped by.
and you two had intercourse, with no one else there

1. How would you know the woman will NOT accuse you of rape tomorrow ?

2. Prostitution is there in UAE, and they have had many cases of prostitutes launching complaints to gain financial leverage. In which case how different do you think police might have responded ?

3. I want you also to analyze society whereby a wife can accuse her husband of rape. Would you want your society to turn to that ?

awaiting feedback ..

All three of your points are valid, and I absolutely agree with you. But in case of countries like UAE I am forced to think differently. Punishing the rape victim with charges of adultery & prostitution is not new there, probably you will agree to this.
So, how do we know that the way story turned out later is the fact? Who knows...maybe she was given an option to admit that it was consensual, so that she can go home. Am I being unfair?

I've been to the UAE and I can tell you these religious laws have no effect there, pre-marital sex is very common there especially with the younger generation. I don't mean to disrespect emirate people but not even prostitution is the problem, people have plenty of pre-marital sex there and especially some girls who wear full veils for design are some of the worst people there.

Not just that, they also have sex parties, they guys bring girls to belly dance and they are friends and some horrible things occur.

This is why I thank God for a real Islamic government like Hamas here in the Gaza Strip, many girls here are religious and even the non religious ones don't cross that red line. Very little pre-marital sex happens here.

I've been to the UAE and I can tell you these religious laws have no effect there, pre-marital sex is very common there especially with the younger generation. I don't mean to disrespect emirate people but not even prostitution is the problem, people have plenty of pre-marital sex there and especially some girls who wear full veils for design are some of the worst people there.

Not just that, they also have sex parties, they guys bring girls to belly dance and they are friends and some horrible things occur.

This is why I thank God for a real Islamic government like Hamas here in the Gaza Strip, many girls here are religious and even the non religious ones don't cross that red line. Very little pre-marital sex happens here.

i hate men who oppress their women, sexually or otherwise..

i also hate any government that practices terrorism. hamas practices terrorism to this day, with those rockets of theirs. may all your stockpiles go up in flames before use.

i hate men who oppress their women, sexually or otherwise..

i also hate any government that practices terrorism. hamas practices terrorism to this day, with those rockets of theirs. may all your stockpiles go up in flames before use.

It's called resistance to an illegal occupation. If they had tanks and jets, they would use those. No occupation, no rockets.

All three of your points are valid, and I absolutely agree with you. But in case of countries like UAE I am forced to think differently. Punishing the rape victim with charges of adultery & prostitution is not new there, probably you will agree to this.
So, how do we know that the way story turned out later is the fact? Who knows...maybe she was given an option to admit that it was consensual, so that she can go home. Am I being unfair?

Like I said, forget about UAE.
What happens between a man and a woman is known only to them and them alone and God.

Sure, many men will get away with rape, on the pretext that enough witnesses were not available; but then the worldly court is not the last court. Those men will be punished by the all knowing court on the day of judgement.

and because that all knowing court is present, so men are allowed to carry affairs on the world.

Like I said, forget about UAE.
What happens between a man and a woman is known only to them and them alone and God.

Sure, many men will get away with rape, on the pretext that enough witnesses were not available; but then the worldly court is not the last court. Those men will be punished by the all knowing court on the day of judgement.

and because that all knowing court is present, so men are allowed to carry affairs on the world.

why have any court, punish anybody, we can all wait for judgement day...
the reason society codifies such laws is for smooth running of society, surely law evolves, new info comes or social attitude changes.

The current technology has enabled us to figure out whether rape happened or not in many cases, but benefit of doubt should always be given to accused. If there are gray areas and one cannot conclusively prove, the guy (or girl if she raped :) ) should be freed.

Back
Top Bottom