What's new

DRDO preparing for hypersonic test

karan21

Reaction score
DRDO preparing for hypersonic test | idrw.org

India is planning to conduct the first flight trial of its Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV) in the next 12 to 18 months, according to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) officials.

The HSTDV programme aims to produce a hydrocarbon-fuelled scramjet test article capable of Mach 6-7 and autonomously guided flight. The HSTDV will pave the way for a hypersonic cruise missile and platforms that can perhaps be applied to other tasks, such as very high-speed reconnaissance.
According to DRDO sources, initial ground tests with the kerosene-fuelled scramjet (supersonic combustion ramjet) have been completed and the propulsion system is now being integrated with the air vehicle. Roughly 10 engine runs have been completed although the development team has yet to undertake a sustained 20-second burn, which is the operating time required for initial flight trials. This milestone will be achieved “soon”, IHS Jane’s was told. This contradicts some previous reports that stated the 20-second mark had already been reached.

From its main facility at Hyderabad, the DRDO’s Defence Research and Development Laboratory (DRDL) is responsible for the programme’s current phases.

Last year they said http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...est-fly-hypersonic-plane-early-next-year.html. Next year and next year but no testing. Lago raho :lol:

800px-ILA_Berlin_2012_PD_018.JPG

Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle (HSTDV)

210im10.jpg

Israel has provided some assistance on the HSTDV program, including wind tunnel testing, as has Cranfield University of the U.K. An unnamed third country is helping as well. India’s main defense-industrial partner is Russia, which has carried out considerable research into hypersonic propulsion.

Probable date of flight testing Sept 2013.

Well considering the United States of all countries just failed their Hypersonic test, it wouldnt be surprising if India's gets delayed. But thats not a rule. Just saying. Anyway instead of giving fake promises let DRDO atleast do it right this time around!! . Meaning ON TIME. Or should I say the revised on time :lol:

HSTDV is a SCRAMJET testbed.

Possible transatmospheric recon/transport aircraft that the tech could be applied on -

India should make something like B-1 bomber which can shift its wings in mid air.... Btw i like B-2 bomber too for its design.... Its a copy of triangle spaceship (just the design).... I heard about india too building one but its similar to french one (unmanned though)....

Sabr kar dost, sabr ka fal meetha hota hai....:D

Chalo aap kehte ho to kar lete hain. Waise tejas, Gslv mk2 and mk3, hstdv, Arihanth etc etc ke upar bhi hame 5 saal se sabar kiya hai. The only news I hear is next year..

India should make something like B-1 bomber which can shift its wings in mid air.... Btw i like B-2 bomber too for its design.... Its a copy of triangle spaceship (just the design).... I heard about india too building one but its similar to french one (unmanned though)....

India is making the AURA Stealth UCAV.

I don't think India needs anything like B-2 bcoz we don't have any potential
opponents on the other side of the world...yet. If we do really need one such
thing, we can either make an enlarged version of Unmanned AURA or invest
in Russia's PAK-DA stealth bomber project.

Sirji a thing like B-2 comprises of technologies which are beyond India's reach as of now.Such systems are a collection of hi-tech equipments.

Back
Top Bottom