What's new

DRDO Developing High Altitude 'Killer' Missile

Mid course missiles still has problem. But THAAD is completely operations and the failures occurred back in the mid 90s. Don't be so pathetic by point out the development failures. Base on your method of measuring success or failure, I can just point out Agni 1 and Agni 2 failure back in the 90s, and claim that India even have trouble with Agni I. If I'm you, I would make such a claim and I'm not you. You learn to give credit where credit is due and don't just attack others for no reason.

don't know how the arguments have to make,do we???

did anywhere I said that THAAD isn't operational or something??you are noob enough not to accept what is fact.I said its not reliable enough.even USA accepted that fact..they just had their third failure test of GMD..

Pentagon Confidence Not Shaken by Missile Interceptor Test Failures - ABC News

and it needs more time to be perfected.why just don't accept the fact??or is it that how I can say a "Midcourse Interceptore not reliable" when I don't have one attitude??? :disagree:

Chibot,you $uck....

So eventually, you hope that India would have systems like THAAD. At least you are not like that @GR!FF!N idiot who claims that THAAD is not working properly.

See I have already answered that. The technologies are evolutionary. America did not get THAAD straight way. America has it because they make SAM first followed by PAD (with different Versions) type of system. THAAD was extension of that. We have SAM, and PAD type of system with us. So THAAD type system is a natural extension of our capability. PDV will give us the capability to Intercept BM at 150 to 250 KM from current 80 KM range. AD 1 and AD2 will give us even higher altitude interception capability.

what is stopping it from do so?

Lots of things but mainly Advance seeker n avionics.

BMs generally travel a lot of distance at great hights with high velocity, they generally follow a fix path hence r easy to detect n predict while CMs r fly very low(less than 50m) have shorter range n r highly maneuverable.

BM strengths lies in high speed(hypersonic) n heavypayloads while CMs have limited payload n speed but r much more difficult to detect n intercept.

A good Anti-CM system can intercept a low-medium range BM but vice versa may not always be true.

all i'm saying is whts this about taking up alot of projects....n we aint very rich,so we spend less on evrythng...if they got less money it will make more sense if they concentrate on few crucial viable projects which r already in making...

DRDO has already focused on some Vital programs and make them highly successful. Examples are Prithvi series, Agni Series, K series and shaurya, SAM, ATGM, Arihant, Radars etc.

BMs generally travel a lot of distance at great hights with high velocity, they generally follow a fix path hence r easy to detect n predict while CMs r fly very low(less than 50m) have shorter range n r highly maneuverable.

BM strengths lies in high speed(hypersonic) n heavypayloads while CMs have limited payload n speed but r much more difficult to detect n intercept.

A good Anti-CM system can intercept a low-medium range BM but vice versa may not always be true.
I was talking about (any) anti-aircraft role, CM interception is whole different thing

Why does everyone call their missiles 'KILLER MISSILE'??? :undecided: Aren't missiles supposed to do just that? :cheesy:
Every new missile nowadays is being christened, 'KILLER'! WTF? This is getting to be pretty silly. Jeeez!

I believe that AAD is batter than S 300 so far as BM interception is concern. It is very fast (Almost Hypersonic). It hit 4.5 Mach in his Initial test. Where does aero 2 stands?

Yes thats possible as far as BMs r concerned.

N for the bold part did u mean Arrow2?:what:

DRDO was established in 1958 to indigenize defense weapon production. Yet after more than 55 years, it has embarrassingly little to show for itself. The CAG reports that 70% of the products that DRDO produces are rejected by the armed forces. Others are delayed for decades. Some of the more notable delays are

# Arjun-Main Battle Tank- 40 year development. End product is 50% overweight and the heart of the system, the fire control system has been developed by Elbit systems in Israel

# LCA-Tejas- 30 year development. Still in flight tests. Only the control system and airframe are indigenous. All other components including the ejection seat are imported.

# Nag-Anti tank missile- 30 year delay. Failed user trials as late as last month

# Trishul-Anti aircraft missile, abandoned in 2008 after 20 years

# Kaveri engine- 16 year delay with cost escalation of 800%. Still not airworthy . Delays in the engine have compounded delays of the LCA program.

# Even the most basic items such as artillery guns and howitzers have not been produced by DRDO.

# We import even the ammunition for our tanks at exorbitant prices as was pointed out by Retd Gen V.K. Singh

# BEML has been unable to indigenously manufacture a truck and continues to import them from TATRA after 3 decades. Indigenization is confined to replacing tires, bolts & nuts.

# It now appears that India will start importing assault rifles to replace the standard issue INSAS rifle. It is important to remember that assault rifles such as the AK-47 are even assembled in bazaars and road-side shops in Afghanistan. We will probably end up importing even bullets and cartridges next.

# The so called shining examples of DRDO success namely the Agni and Prithvi range of missiles have of late failed a series of user trials. Their low reliability (50% probability of successful strike coupled with hours of pre-launch preparations) causes the very credibility of our nuclear deterrent to be questioned.

# Its premier UAV the Nishant is not aerodynamic, takes hours to deploy and the army has been compelled to accept a dozen.

In my opinion success of CM interception lies in early detection or quick reaction. CM can be down easily by even a ATO A Missile. BMD may not be good because their RADAR can not track CM from a great distance because its altitude. It can be detect when it is too close. In that case a very quick reaction system become necessary. We develop Maitri Missile with France in this regard.

DRDO was established in 1958 to indigenize defense weapon production. Yet after more than 55 years, it has embarrassingly little to show for itself. The CAG reports that 70% of the products that DRDO produces are rejected by the armed forces. Others are delayed for decades. Some of the more notable delays are

# Arjun-Main Battle Tank- 40 year development. End product is 50% overweight and the heart of the system, the fire control system has been developed by Elbit systems in Israel

# LCA-Tejas- 30 year development. Still in flight tests. Only the control system and airframe are indigenous. All other components including the ejection seat are imported.

# Nag-Anti tank missile- 30 year delay. Failed user trials as late as last month

# Kaveri engine- 16 year delay with cost escalation of 800%. Still not airworthy . Delays in the engine have compounded delays of the LCA program.

# Even the most basic items such as artillery guns and howitzers have not been produced by DRDO.

# We import even the ammunition for our tanks at exorbitant prices as was pointed out by Retd Gen V.K. Singh

# BEML has been unable to indigenously manufacture a truck and continues to import them from TATRA after 3 decades. Indigenization is confined to replacing tires, bolts & nuts.

# It now appears that India will start importing assault rifles to replace the standard issue INSAS rifle. It is important to remember that assault rifles such as the AK-47 are even assembled in bazaars and road-side shops in Afghanistan. We will probably end up importing even bullets and cartridges next.

# The so called shining examples of DRDO success namely the Agni and Prithvi range of missiles have of late failed a series of user trials. Their low reliability (50% probability of successful strike coupled with hours of pre-launch preparations) causes the very credibility of our nuclear deterrent to be questioned.

# Its premier UAV the Nishant is not aerodynamic, takes hours to deploy and the army has been compelled to accept a dozen.
yeah thts wht most of d public see about drdo....dont know if its all true but they sure have huge delays.

now,have a good sleep....

I was talking about (any) anti-aircraft role, CM interception is whole different thing

Aircrafts r highly maneuverable n have there own counter measures like ECMs n EWs.

Plus there detection is also subject to there level of RCS n EW Suite.

Involvement of human factor make them most difficult to predict.

Why does everyone call their missiles 'KILLER MISSILE'??? :undecided: Aren't missiles supposed to do just that? :cheesy:
Every new missile nowadays is being christened, 'KILLER'! WTF? This is getting to be pretty silly. Jeeez!

Actually It is Missile killer. Missile word skipped gradually.

Back
Top Bottom