What's new

DRDO Developing High Altitude 'Killer' Missile

See I have already answered that. The technologies are evolutionary. America did not get THAAD straight way. America has it because they make SAM first followed by PAD (with different Versions) type of system. THAAD was extension of that. We have SAM, and PAD type of system with us. So THAAD type system is a natural extension of our capability. PDV will give us the capability to Intercept BM at 150 to 250 KM from current 80 KM range. AD 1 and AD2 will give us even higher altitude interception capability.

India has zero technical base.India can only brag about.India can only make things which belongs to gurbage dump.we're superior force,belong to the community of chibots,who are coming from the lights of zartha and we're superior than toiletless indians.India is still trying to make ABM??we have proton shield that protects us even from mosquito having 100000% accuracy in Hit to Kill technique.it can even intercept mosquito even before they hatch,so forget missiles.poor dirty India can only dream about this tech.ABM..Hah..things are obsolete now..BLA BLA BLA.....

Regular Expression from a Chibot :big_boss:

so stop educating them...

In my opinion success of CM interception lies in early detection or quick reaction. CM can be down easily by even a ATO A Missile. BMD may not be good because their RADAR can not track CM from a great distance because its altitude. It can be detect when it is too close. In that case a very quick reaction system become necessary. We develop Maitri Missile with France in this regard.

Thats true a good AWACs may prove to be way better in detection of CMs then an Advance ground radar system.

Maitri is a very important for India as it will proved us access to European Advanced seeker tech which will go a long way in our future missile programs.:)

Aircrafts r highly maneuverable n have there own counter measures like ECMs n EWs.

Plus there detection is also subject to there level of RCS n EW Suite.

Involvement of human factor make them most difficult to predict.
So what improvements the AAD and PDV needs to do so ? strengthened Frame to hold high gs , tuning seeker to track aircraft in real time, or improving TVC nozzles to make it more maneuverable or anything else which think we may take it too much time to make?

So what improvements the AAD and PDV needs to do so ? strengthened Frame to hold high gs , tuning seeker to track aircraft in real time, or improving TVC nozzles to make it more maneuverable or anything else which think we may take it too much time to make?
In short u can say that advanced seekers n avionics r the key features where India lacks.

Another important feature is a fully integrated radar system with ground based, air based n even space based in form of GPS type systems.

As long as "DRDO" is working. we have no worries at all......

Perhaps that makes you to try your desperate trolling.

India has zero technical base.India can only brag about.India can only make things which belongs to gurbage dump.we're superior force,belong to the community of chibots,who are coming from the lights of zartha and we're superior than toiletless indians.India is still trying to make ABM??we have proton shield that protects us even from mosquito having 100000% accuracy in Hit to Kill technique.it can even intercept mosquito even before they hatch,so forget missiles.poor dirty India can only dream about this tech.ABM..Hah..things are obsolete now..BLA BLA BLA.....

Regular Expression from a Chibot :big_boss:

so stop educating them...

Yes When Inferiority complex cross some limits, People start behaving like they are superior. Culture of country and education system plays very important role. We have witnessed so may examples in this forum itself.

Thats true a good AWACs may prove to be way better in detection of CMs then an Advance ground radar system.

Maitri is a very important for India as it will proved us access to European Advanced seeker tech which will go a long way in our future missile programs.:)

Maitri is going to be a master piece which no body else will have.

Last edited:
don't know how the arguments have to make,do we???

did anywhere I said that THAAD isn't operational or something??you are noob enough not to accept what is fact.I said its not reliable enough.even USA accepted that fact..they just had their third failure test of GMD..

Pentagon Confidence Not Shaken by Missile Interceptor Test Failures - ABC News

and it needs more time to be perfected.why just don't accept the fact??or is it that how I can say a "Midcourse Interceptore not reliable" when I don't have one attitude??? :disagree:

Chibot,you $uck....

You were talking about how THAAD has test failures. And now, you are changing it to NMD. You are so pathetic by trying to change the topic without no one know it. Epic failed.

Anyone who have any doubt, read first two sentences of post #57. and then read the 3rd sentence to ensure that he is claiming that THAAD is still failing. Stop twisting the facts and people will respect your claims more.

Oh My bad.

It is arrow 2.

Pl compare Arrow 2 with AAD and S 300 as well as S 400.

Arrow 2 is a ABM system similar to AAD & PAD/PDV whereas S400 is a Anti Aircraft system which can even intercept BMs.

Therefore S400 is a different ball game.

However, as far as Arrow 2 is concerned then there r some similarities with AAD.

Both Arrow 2 n AAD uses the same radar system i.e. Greenpine, although the Indian Greenpine(Swordfish) is slightly better than the original Greenpine.

But major difference lies in the Missile system Arrow 2 is a very advanced system in comparision to AAD, it has much higher altitude of Interception at much higher velocity(Mach9).

AAD has been tested to intercept SRBMs like Prithvi while Arrow 2 is capable of intercepting MRBMs.

Therefore i think PDV(once completed) will be a better missile for comparision with Arrow2 unlike AAD.:)

You were talking about how THAAD has test failures. And now, you are changing it to NMD. You are so pathetic by trying to change the topic without no one know it. Epic failed.
Anyone who have any doubt, read first two sentences of post #57. and then read the 3rd sentence to ensure that he is claiming that THAAD is still failing. Stop twisting the facts and people will respect your claims more.

you brought the topic of THAAD.I was saying that you've zero knowledge on Midcourse Interception and how there is no single reliable Midcourse Interceptor. THAAD isn't a midcourse interceptor,it is similar to AAD,PAD and PDV,which intercepts short range missiles and IRBMs.you was saying India can't build a THAAD like missile.I said India doesn't make a missile like THAAD which has so many failures.India developed our own BMD(like THAAD) which successfully intercepted 6 out of 7,while one it couldn't was failure of the incoming missile,not BMD's.Phase-2 make it complete and ready against 5000km range missiles.

as for Midcourse Interceptor,only USA has GMD and SM-3.only SM-3 has better results while GMD failed several times even recently they failed 3 straight times.so,its not much reliable..

you are one gullible one.don't even know what is THAAD,what is GMD and what is NMD..yet jump to post your comment.do you even know what NMD is??its an umbrella term for Missile Defence of America(that means a group of missilles,not one).seriously,don't quote me from next time as it is utter waste of time.

Last edited:
In short u can say that advanced seekers n avionics r the key features where India lacks.

Another important feature is a fully integrated radar system with ground based, air based n even space based in form of GPS type systems.
you brought the topic of THAAD.I was saying that you've zero knowledge on Midcourse Interception and how there is no single reliable Midcourse Interceptor. THAAD isn't a midcourse interceptor,it is similar to AAD,PAD and PDV,which intercepts short range missiles and IRBMs.you was saying India can't build a THAAD like missile.I said India doesn't make a missile like THAAD which has so many failures.India developed our own BMD(like THAAD) which successfully intercepted 7 out of 6,while one it couldn't was failure of the incoming missile,not BMD's.Phase-2 make it complete and ready against 5000km range missiles.

as for Midcourse Interceptor,only USA has GMD and SM-3.only SM-3 has better results while GMD failed several times even recently they failed 3 straight times.so,its not much reliable..

you are one gullible one.don't even know what is THAAD,what is GMD and what is NMD..yet jump to post your comment.do you even know what NMD is??its an umbrella term for Missile Defence of America(that means a group of missilles,not one).seriously,don't quote me from next time as it is utter waste of time.

The problem with faithful guy is that he tries to mess with knowledgable members without properly educating himself with the subject.

Arrow 2 is a ABM system similar to AAD & PAD/PDV whereas S400 is a Anti Aircraft system which can even intercept BMs.

Therefore S400 is a different ball game.

However, as far as Arrow 2 is concerned then there r some similarities with AAD.

Both Arrow 2 n AAD uses the same radar system i.e. Greenpine, although the Indian Greenpine(Swordfish) is slightly better than the original Greenpine.

But major difference lies in the Missile system Arrow 2 is a very advanced system in comparision to AAD, it has much higher altitude of Interception at much higher velocity(Mach9).

AAD has been tested to intercept SRBMs like Prithvi while Arrow 2 is capable of intercepting MRBMs.

Therefore i think PDV(once completed) will be a better missile for comparision with Arrow2 unlike AAD.:)

Does Arrow a 2 stage system like BMD (AAD and PAD)? Wiki says it has a interceptor ceiling of 60 KM with a range of 148 KM. PAD has a ceiling of 80 KM(More that arrow 2) but low speed of about 4 to 5 mach.

PDV is going to be a hypersonic missile with an interceptor ceiling of 150 KM. DO you know at what Mach no will it fly?

Does Arrow a 2 stage system like BMD (AAD and PAD)? Wiki says it has a interceptor ceiling of 60 KM with a range of 148 KM. PAD has a ceiling of 80 KM(More that arrow 2) but low speed of about 4 to 5 mach.

PDV is going to be a hypersonic missile with an interceptor ceiling of 150 KM. DO you know at what Mach no will it fly?

Actually its more of like Arrow 2 is Endo atmospheric(60km) while Arrow 3 is Exo Atmospheric (>100km).

But Arrow missiles r definetely superior to Indian missile(although PDV has larger range).

Currently no specific details r available with regards to PDV but IMO it should atleast have a speed of 4-6 Mach.

I m eagerly waiting for the up coming test of PDV only then the situation will be cleared.:)

you brought the topic of THAAD.I was saying that you've zero knowledge on Midcourse Interception and how there is no single reliable Midcourse Interceptor. THAAD isn't a midcourse interceptor,it is similar to AAD,PAD and PDV,which intercepts short range missiles and IRBMs.you was saying India can't build a THAAD like missile.I said India doesn't make a missile like THAAD which has so many failures.India developed our own BMD(like THAAD) which successfully intercepted 6 out of 7,while one it couldn't was failure of the incoming missile,not BMD's.Phase-2 make it complete and ready against 5000km range missiles.

Now, you try to change what you posted on #57. Failed. One reading of that post clearly show that you are claiming that THAAD is failing like mid course interceptor. Stop trying to cover up your bias and ignorance.

Here is the whole post

faithfulguy said:
So eventually, you hope that India would have systems like THAAD. At least you are not like that @GR!FF!N idiot who claims that THAAD is not working properly.
Click to expand..."

Gr!ff!n said:
read unsuccessful flights..really chibot,you can twist fact..if you've any doubt....

Terminal High Altitude Area Defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

same goes for GMD....

Ground-Based Midcourse Defense - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so,still no reliable Midcourse interceptor yet.SM-3 is slightly better.

Now, you try to change what you posted on #57. Failed. One reading of that post clearly show that you are claiming that THAAD is failing like mid course interceptor. Stop trying to cover up your bias and ignorance.

told you not to quote me.

Back
Top Bottom