What's new

Drag woman by hair, rape: RSS member's advice on teaching Hinduism

No Bengali Brahmins?

I have not met many Bengalis in real life and it seems strange to me to see a non-vegetarian Brahmin. Do not know how many Bengalis actually are believers in Hinduism, most seem to be atheists so it would not matter if they are Brahmin.

Quarrel? You're talking like Mr. Bhat and this woman are friends fighting over a silly thing. And even then, has a male friend who you fight with over small or even big things ever threatened you with rape?? Coz I don't know what world you live in, but its not ok in mine...
I find it funny that your method for crime prevention is to take action only once the crime has been committed!
I seriously hope you have zilch to do with any law and order establishment in India!
When Jihadis post online about bombing a place, we take those threats seriously and work in every way including action against the individuals to prevent them...How is threats of violence and rape against an individual any different?
The problem with you is that you think that threats issued on the net are jokes and that people don't actually act on them...

No Mr. Bhat was no friend of hers. He is no leader and in fact that was the first time I ever heard his name. He was just one of those millions of anonymous trolls on the internet who leave tasteless comments. I have seen quite a few fights in my life in my surrounding, husband wife fights, friends fight, neighbors fights, bus conductor and traveler fights, and these are common enough dialogues. I will kill you, I will break you bones, I will do this, I will do that, blah blah blah. Even about women and their honor. No, it is not okay but it is something that every one takes in their stride because well people say things in temper which they do not mean. This is common knowledge and anyone who knows even a little bit about human nature would understand.

Yes, that is how law and order is maintained. Only after a crime is done. You cannot arrest people for thought crimes. About threats, even the police were not willing to register a complaint in this case but because of group pressure and sustained petitioning, they finally acted. Even our intelligence agencies do not act on all the chatter they hear. It is only on credible actionable intelligence they tend to act. This is common sense.

No, not every man threatening something is taken seriously, otherwise PDF would have been closed down by now. You can go to any number of youtubes and see the comments. I doubt those commentors threatening someone are in jail.

You consider the threat of rape equal to a galli?? Maybe you need to start by not marginalizing rape!
and never have I ever met or seen anyone threaten rape in front of me (Indian gallis or otherwise)...but if they did, I most definitely would take action!

You never heard a girl being called a whore? You never heard people say "I am going to screw your mother or sister or you?" Hey you live in India and are about the age of 5 right?

Lets see....when I fast for a few days to experience what a poor man goes through and step into his shoes on a daily basis, I am advocating and wishing for hunger and poverty?...Is that what you are saying?

Yes because you are not helping him get over his hunger, but you are making one more hungry man on the planet. You are a gun user you say because you want others to avoid using their gun? It does not work that way.

And what moral capacity do you have to accuse me? Do you know me? Do you know my background?
Since you know so much about me, do tell, what exactly are my motives? And while you are at it, do explain what benefit I get from showing support towards the lady in this case....
See Indrani, we all can make assumptions about the man/woman behind the screen...I can easily put forth a detailed thought on what and where I think you come from...But this is about the topic and not me..
Instead of trying to get behind the rationale of why I wrote what I wrote, why dont you do me favor and comment on the news and how we can suggest changing society

I think RSS was the red flag and not the threat per se, because you are not much of an commentor on say Boko Haram sex slaves or the girls in Mosul. Much of your rant is against India, Indian culture, Indian men, Indian attitudes. Basically, I think you hate your skin.

Really, please do show me based on my previous comments or any interaction I've had with you where I speak about the flaws of a country's social and moral fabric...
And as far as the "bootlicker" comment goes...Im going to let it slide..
I was raised a gentleman and ill give you the due respect you deserve as a lady...I expect you to accord the same to others..
I wont go into other threads now. I dont have the time, but just here in the comment earlier the way you mentioned the Indian man's mindset about rape. What do you think that was? I think it falls in the category of generalization. Do you think all Indian men hold the same view about rape? Do you think all Indian men are potential rapists? Now this is just one example among the many.

Actually, its not...
Suffering for the rest of your life vs. a quick way out...
Which is why I was sad to hear when one of Nirbhaya's rapists hung himself....he took the easy way out...I would have gone for harsher punishment while alive.

Oh no, please do not say you want him locked down in a correctional facility with TV and library and a lawn to walk on while we tax payers are burdened with his upkeep. I will agree with castration, but not sure if that man wont be a threat to public life.

Here is the difference that you need to understand...
Crimes in the US and the west are reported...most in India go unreported because of the social stigma...
The fact that these are brought to light means that the rapists are off the streets and that the average American understands the gravity of their actions...thus becoming a deterrent
Rape and Sexual exploitation is rampant and unreported in India, stats reported are but the tip of the iceberg...only the gravest of incidents get highlighted and in most cases to this day, the rapists walk around freely because of the slow and corrupt legal process.

This argument has been gone over umpteen number of times on this forum and soundly defeated. I am not in the mood to talk about it all over again. Go through those threads to shatter your illusions.

But whats most important is that these women are able to integrate back into society seamlessly. Unlike in India, where the woman is made to think that somehow being raped was her fault....people make ridiculous claims like short skirts, movies and cell phone usage are responsible for rape.
These women can get married, have successful relationships, and live like normal individuals...
All this is because the west doesn't consider these subjects taboo and instead of alienating the victims, encourages them to fight, talk about it, create awareness and learn to lead normal lives..
The US and the west are way ahead in terms of social upliftment...You seem to have a major complex of white people, where you can't even call a spade a spade out of some convoluted mindset of being labelled "white bootlicker

Re-integrate back? You mean those 1 to 2 million prostitutes in USA who die at an average age of 60 after they have run away from home after being sexually abused by their new dad or mom's latest boyfriend at the age of 11? Or how about studies claiming that 100% women in USA have faced sexual street harassment? The day you get updated, come and talk to me.

I am telling you this after having worked for US Hospital systems for the last 15 years where I covered most of the university hospitals and was privy to patients personal records and case history and personal histories and family histories.

Correlation does not equal causation...
Are you going to claim that Saudi Arabia is heaven for women and that rapes dont happen there because their society lacks what you call "filth"?
Nowhere did I say that objectification of women is right...of course it is not...
But to say that an educated liberal society that chooses to explore and engage in adult concepts will see an increase in rape is absolute BS....India's problem is lack of awareness and education...Increasing moral policing will not solve the problem.
Whatever you consider psycho BS are actually being studied in great extent...you may not like the sound of them, but does not make them not important to the overall issue..

Did I say there is only one kind of filth? Did I say that what happened due to invasions and the cultural regression that came in was due to films? If the correlation is there, it is quite likely causation too. Not every time, but most times.

Oh, you are EXPLORING adult concepts? Like incest? Like voyeur? Like Odepius complex? Like fetishes? Like multiple partners? Like hard and more hard and harder ****? Why these things will inculcate values. Learning history and geography and science will make people ethical. Once a person knows his history and geography and maths, he will no longer be an animal. Of course.

Whatever you consider psycho BS are actually being studied in great extent...you may not like the sound of them, but does not make them not important to the overall issue..

Oh really. Like there are no sponsored studies at all? Like when you see articles like alcohol is good for your heart or eating more chocolates is good for you health, you believe that stuff? Ooooo, we have a baby in-house.

So in the opening of this very post Im replying to, you started by claiming that action should only be taken something actually happens...so why did you post a restraining order against those that were harassing and threatening you? What was the purpose of the restraining order? And then why do you feel that criticizing Mr. Bhat for posting an online threat is a lesser violation than what happened to you?

Because unlike those anonymous posters on blogs and websites which is mostly bluster, these guys were at my doorstep and they were threatening of bringing in guns.

Its starting to seem that your problem here is only with me raising my voice on this matter...
Which is funny because if I professed rape here, you would criticize me, but the fact that I am defending a woman's stand also offends you...
You want me to be a bystander and not express my views...is that it?

I have an issue with the way people are raising their voice, useless thoughtless chorus which went on to define the most absurd rape laws of any country in the world. Do not be surprised if tomorrow you are in jail because some woman wanted to fix you. It is not that I am anti-women or anti-men, I just want rational behavior and thought, not some harangue.

I have not met many Bengalis in real life and it seems strange to me to see a non-vegetarian Brahmin. Do not know how many Bengalis actually are believers in Hinduism, most seem to be atheists so it would not matter if they are Brahmin.
Most bengalis are atheists?

Kashmiri Pandits are non vegetarian too. They eat a lot of fish just like Bengalis. Between them I see a pattern, Bengalis worship Kali and KP's Shiv and both of them are known for their aggression. I guess both are depicted as meat eaters as well (correct me if I am wrong with that assumption), so the followers do the same.

Last edited:
An estimated 20 to 30% of all Hindus are vegetarians. And the rest goin El-pollo-loco?

In general it is seen, that all Brahmins in India are vegetarian with the exception of Saraswat Brahmins and Bengali Brahmins, who both eat fish. The Kashmiri Pandits, a subsect of the Saraswat Brahmins, who lived in Kashmir, are known to be heavy consumers of meat, including lamb, with the exception of beef. Beef is the only meat which is prohibited for all Hindus, and thereby all Brahmins. This is because the cow is seen to give many products(Panchgavya) and to be like the mother of humankind

Some of the south Indian Brahmins during the sutra period, like those of North India were meat eaters
Kapilar(Puṟanāṉūṟu,, a poet in ancient Tamil Country, says:

“..My hands have become soft because they do know of no harder work than eating rice and meat boiled with tamarind. The sweet smell of its smoke might counteract the smell of the pieces of meat."

Most bengalis are atheists?

The ones I have met on PDF are. Those who are not, are not exactly religious kind, at least not in comparison to a Tamilian or a Kannada Brahmin. Those are different world entirely. At least that is what I think though I think the vaishnavas are deep in love with Dharma and Krishna. This is one of my favorite songs though.

Kashmiri Pandits are non vegetarian too. They eat a lot of fish just like Bengalis.

Yeah I got to know that rather late, hence the shock. Because Brahmins down south more or less adhere to the non-veg rule barring a few exceptions.

An estimated 20 to 30% of all Hindus are vegetarians. And the rest goin El-pollo-loco?

In general it is seen, that all Brahmins in India are vegetarian with the exception of Saraswat Brahmins and Bengali Brahmins, who both eat fish. The Kashmiri Pandits, a subsect of the Saraswat Brahmins, who lived in Kashmir, are known to be heavy consumers of meat, including lamb, with the exception of beef. Beef is the only meat which is prohibited for all Hindus, and thereby all Brahmins. This is because the cow is seen to give many products(Panchgavya) and to be like the mother of humankind

Some of the south Indian Brahmins during the sutra period, like those of North India were meat eaters

“..My hands have become soft because they do know of no harder work than eating rice and meat boiled with tamarind. The sweet smell of its smoke might counteract the smell of the pieces of meat."

Apparently, Brahmins in Nepal are allowed to eat lamb, but not chicken(source: A Nepali Brahmin friend). He also said that most brahmins there also consume momos made from buffalo meat(it's said to be a local fave).

Around 40-50% of India are vegetarians. The rest of them are very sparse eaters of meat. Average consumption of meat in a year not exceeding 5 kgs or so. This with our large Islamic and Christian population. May be it may have increased a kg or 2 more now.

See this is what I do not like about Bengali Brahmins, I assume you are one, trying to convince the polity that we have gone astray by not eating beef.

Apparently, Brahmins in Nepal are allowed to eat lamb, but not chicken(source: A Nepali Brahmin friend). He also said that most brahmins there also consume momos made from buffalo meat(it's said to be a local fave).
Hindus used to sacrifice buffalo in the past. I guess the practice still goes on in Nepal.

The ones I have met on PDF are. Those who are not, are not exactly religious kind, at least not in comparison to a Tamilian or a Kannada Brahmin. Those are different world entirely. At least that is what I think though I think the vaishnavas are deep in love with Dharma and Krishna. This is one of my favorite songs though.
Just wondering what would be the statistical quality of Bengali religious representation on a pakistani defense internet forum aimed towards discussing and learning Defence & strategic developments.... Would it be enough to pass the following judgement: "Do not know how many Bengalis actually are believers in Hinduism, most seem to be atheists so it would not matter if they are Brahmin."

Hindus used to sacrifice buffalo in the past. I guess the practice still goes on in Nepal.

Yup. Seen a few videos of buffalo sacrifices in Nepal. But I wasn't expecting it to be a common practice amongst Brahmins to eat their meat.

Around 40-50% of India are vegetarians. The rest of them are very sparse eaters of meat. Average consumption of meat in a year not exceeding 5 kgs or so. This with our large Islamic and Christian population. May be it may have increased a kg or 2 more now.

See this is what I do not like about Bengali Brahmins, I assume you are one, trying to convince the polity that we have gone astray by not eating beef.
Hah hah... now are you going to impose your assumptions as my views too? is that based on the statistical model too?

Yeah I got to know that rather late, hence the shock. Because Brahmins down south more or less adhere to the non-veg rule barring a few exceptions.
I added this to my previous post. It makes sense to me -
Between Bengalis and KP's I noticed a pattern, Bengalis worship Kali and KP's Shiv and both of them are known for their aggression. I guess both are depicted as meat eaters as well (correct me if I am wrong with that assumption), so probably that's why the followers never had issues with meat consumption

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom