What's new

Drag woman by hair, rape: RSS member's advice on teaching Hinduism

Apparently, Brahmins in Nepal are allowed to eat lamb, but not chicken(source: A Nepali Brahmin friend). He also said that most brahmins there also consume momos made from buffalo meat(it's said to be a local fave).

There are videos of them butchering the buffalo. Jhatka method. They are bloody insane when they give it to the amateurs to handle that stuff.

Hah hah... now are you going to impose your assumptions as my views too? is that based on the statistical model too?

Oh my apologies if you are not one. I assumed since some of my comments regarding Brahmins actually drew your approval. I am rather fond of them. The ones I mentioned. Somehow I feel they are a class apart. Have not had the same experience with Brahmins from North. There is a snobbishness about the ones in North I think.

Yup. Seen a few videos of buffalo sacrifices in Nepal. But I wasn't expecting it to be a common practice amongst Brahmins to eat their meat.
Guess, more than religious belief it depends on the region one lives in and the kind of food that is avialble at ease. The places where it is difficult to farm, people turn to cattle for their food source.

Oh my apologies if you are not one. I assumed since some of my comments regarding Brahmins actually drew your approval. I am rather fond of them. The ones I mentioned. Somehow I feel they are a class apart. Have not had the same experience with Brahmins from North. There is a snobbishness about the ones in North I think.
Not all Brahmins from North are non vegetarians. KP's are the exceptions.

I added this to my previous post. It makes sense to me but not sure if that's the reason.
Between Bengalis and KP's I noticed a pattern, Bengalis worship Kali and KP's Shiv and both of them are known for their aggression. I guess both are depicted as meat eaters as well (correct me if I am wrong with that assumption), so probably that's why the followers never had issues with meat consumption

Yeah both Shiv worshipers and Kali worshipers are supposed to perform balis so most likely that is the reason. Though I think followers of Tamil Shivism do not eat meat.

Guess, more than religious belief it depends on the region one lives in and the kind of food that is avialble at ease. The places where it is difficult to farm, people turn to cattle for their food source.

That's my conclusion as well. But Gaud Saraswat Brahmins in Karnataka continue to have fish as their staple(sometimes chicken too) inspite of plant life being superabundant in the Western ghats(where they predominantly reside).

Yeah that is one of the reasons too. Plus they are Shiva worshipers.

That's my conclusion as well. But Gaud Saraswat Brahmins in Karnataka continue to have fish as their staple(sometimes chicken too) inspite of plant life being superabundant in the Western ghats(where they predominantly reside

There are actually some stories around that they are not Brahmins but jews from late 1700 or 1800.

Classiness of people in India depends on caste? good to know that. I always appreciate new information. Btw you did mention "Do not know how many Bengalis actually are believers in Hinduism, most seem to be atheists so it would not matter if they are Brahmin." Based on PDF representation of Bengalis...:woot:

May I inquire if there are any other such generalizations exists based on your pdf interaction? PDF marathis or PDF Biharis, PDF Jews etc?

Not all Brahmins from North are non vegetarians. KP's are the exceptions.

I know that, I was not commenting on their food habits, but there is this feeling of superiority among them, which is generally missing in the Southern Brahmins. I mean just the vibes they give.

Yeah both Shiv worshipers and Kali worshipers are supposed to perform balis so most likely that is the reason. Though I think followers of Tamil Shivism do not eat meat.
Don't hate, Bengalis just have been better fishermen.... Based on fishermen encountered on PDF ofcourse, :)

Classiness of people in India depends on caste? good to know that. I always appreciate new information. Btw you did mention "Do not know how many Bengalis actually are believers in Hinduism, most seem to be atheists so it would not matter if they are Brahmin." Based on PDF representation of Bengalis...
May I inquire if there are any other such generalizations exists based on your pdf interaction? PDF marathis or PDF Biharis, PDF Jews etc?

Yo, do not jump to conclusions. Okay, it is not because they are Brahmins that they are a class apart, but there is a gentleness to their behavior and culture. I am talking of specifically Southern Brahmins. Those guys and ladies who run those Bharatnatyam classes. The pujari who comes to my house to perform pujas. The people in general whom I have interacted with. They exude refinement in the non western sense.

Yeah that is one of the reasons too. Plus they are Shiva worshipers.

There are actually some stories around that they are not Brahmins but jews from late 1700 or 1800.

One thing that jews haven't done anywhere is to leave their faith en masse. They really observe all Brahmin rituals that Saraswat Brahmins elsewhere observe. Besides, the society of 1700s or 1800s would not readily accept them as Brahmins. Pretty sure such rumours don't have a sound factual backing.

I hope that was not sarcastic.. :)

Nope. I love all Hindu gods. It gets difficult to choose between them. The rationales for what they do, why they do so fit so perfectly with their legends :D.

One thing that jews haven't done anywhere is to leave their faith en masse. They really observe all Brahmin rituals that Saraswat Brahmins elsewhere observe. Besides, the society of 1700s or 1800s would not readily accept them as Brahmins. Pretty sure such rumours don't have a sound factual backing.

Sorry, it is about the Chitpavan Brahmins.

Chitpavan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yo, do not jump to conclusions. Okay, it is not because they are Brahmins that they are a class apart, but there is a gentleness to their behavior and culture. I am talking of specifically Southern Brahmins. Those guys and ladies who run those Bharatnatyam classes. The pujari who comes to my house to perform pujas. The people in general whom I have interacted with. They exude refinement in the non western sense.
Hey how come, bengali negative imposed stereotype comes from PDF's Bengalis but classy South Indian Brahmins from real life experience.

Could there be a possibility that if you actually interacted with bengalis in say West Bengal (and not on a pakistani internet forum), you could come across decent, non- communist, non-atheist, bengalis?

Back
Top Bottom