What's new

Dr Shakil Afridi claims ISI regards US as "worst enemy"

He is just trying to get support from American right wing media. I wonder why he was allowed to speak in the first place when he is facing trail.

So in a way he is making clear that he has the American support to make his claims....
Wow why did ISI let him speak?

its mean ISI is on right path :partay: love you my sweet ISI :smitten: yummmmmmmh

He is a traiter and will remain in pakistani jails AND HE MIGHT BE HANGED! WE Salute You For serving My NAtion ISI
Smiley-Praise.gif
images

But why is Pakistan upset over what he did? He helped to catch the man who US was after, therefore giving Pakistan a good excuse to question US presence in Afghanistan after Operation Geronimo.

Arresting him and putting him on trial is actually making it look as if you guys intentionally hid OBL and that you supported him.

He is just trying to get support from American right wing media. I wonder why he was allowed to speak in the first place when he is facing trail.
So in your opinion Dr. Afridi's story and complaints merit no concerns, investigations, or follow-ups from ordinary Pakistani citizens?

So in your opinion Dr. Afridi's story and complaints merit no concerns, investigations, or follow-ups from ordinary Pakistani citizens?

Complaints? What complaints? He was kept as a foreign agent, and as a prisoner, of all people, he should not be having complaints. He shouldn't have been expecting to be kept as a hero.

What do you exactly think he is complaining about though?

Complaints? What complaints? He was kept as a foreign agent, and as a prisoner, of all people, he should not be having complaints. He shouldn't have been expecting to be kept as a hero. What do you exactly think he is complaining about though?
You're so pride-blind you didn't read the article!

Complaints? What complaints? He was kept as a foreign agent, and as a prisoner, of all people, he should not be having complaints. He shouldn't have been expecting to be kept as a hero.

What do you exactly think he is complaining about though?

Look at it this way:

AQ Khan, who was caught as a proliferator of nuclear technology for private gain, lives in luxury and now has a political party, while the doctor who helped catch OBL is being tortured in jail.

Does that sound right to you? At the very least, Pakistan has one hell of a PR problem.

The real danger here is further smearing Pakistan's perception as a "problem" to be "solved".

Of course, but hes being a fool thinking that there would be any benefit to him... Sooner or later in America this would be seen as an opportunistic statement, but Pakistanis will remember the smear attempt and he would dig his hole deeper.

He should have apologized to the nation. Like gazillion others he too sold himself for money - nothing new in Pakistan, but once you are caught, don't pretend like you are a wronged hero, that would piss people off further.

Of course, but hes being a fool thinking that there would be any benefit to him... Sooner or later in America this would be seen as an opportunistic statement, but Pakistanis will remember the smear attempt and he would dig his hole deeper.

He should have apologized to the nation. Like gazillion others he too sold himself for money - nothing new in Pakistan, but once you are caught, don't pretend like you are a wronged hero, that would piss people off further.

I agree with you that he has done certain things for which he should at least apologize, and endure some form of punishment, but clearly the powers-that-be need to keep the overall national interests in mind, and not lose sight of the huge perception problem that his incarceration increasingly poses for the state of Pakistan.

May I remind you that we let Nawaz Sharif go after all that he did.

Of course, but hes being a fool thinking that there would be any benefit to him...
Don't you think Pakistan needs more fools like Dr. Afridi? Fools willing to combat terrorism regardless of whether they can be assured of their safety or any personal benefit?

He should have apologized to the nation.
Or should the Army and ISI should apologize to the nation?

Like gazillion others he too sold himself for money - nothing new in Pakistan
Is it better to sell yourself to terror-enablers like the ISI or terror-killers like the Americans?

don't pretend like you are a wronged hero -
Who says he's pretending?

After torture, ISI also looted Afridi
Dr Afridi claims the ISI has “looted” his bank account of millions of rupees.
“My bank account was looted [by the ISI while being held], making me bankrupt. I need financial, legal and diplomatic help,” Afridi claimed. “My situation is very grim. I earned millions of rupees (tens of thousands of dollars) a year and supported my family and that of my brother.

Khaya Piya Kuch nahi Glass toda Bara Aana !!!

Its an Nostradamus predictions that after this interview he will be released soon under US pressure ;)

Back
Top Bottom