What's new

Dr.Noman Niaz the all in all of PTV sports, without any relevant qualifications or experience

Well I did not knew about Dr. Sahib esteemed Professional academic background and before I was thinking of giving him benefit of a doubt BUT then watching the clip of the incident closely and then keeping Dr. educational background in mind I am inclined to say that Dr.Sahib acted "very immaturely" ... given the presence of other Participants of the show as well as the international audience ... the incident definitely brings a bad image of Pakistani sport journalism... I think it is a good time for Dr. Sahib to take vacation and join Medical profession...or furnish an informal apology to Shoaib Akhtar in his next program...

Shoaib answered a question with a question. That is indeed rude and Noman Niaz felt it. But Noman's response was even more rude. He didn't leave any margin for apologies or amicable resolution.

You can't fully blame Noman Niaz because in a way Shoaib manipulated him through his own rude behavior. But you also cannot disregard how Noman escalated the situation on public television.

show me one post where a deserving person is sitting in Pakistan, even now as Insafi Imran is in power

if i remember correctly Khan made some jokes about the daddu charger (Maryam Aurangzeb) for commentating on cricket along side viv richards on PTV sports few years back in noora league govt.
where has the merit gone now??
some fanboys of PTI will now defend this by saying PTV is not under govt control like the judiciary. :hitwall:

Shoaib answered a question with a question. That is indeed rude and Noman Niaz felt it. But Noman's response was even more rude. He didn't leave any margin for apologies or amicable resolution.

You can't fully blame Noman Niaz because in a way Shoaib manipulated him through his own rude behavior. But you also cannot disregard how Noman escalated the situation on public television.

This is true but having watched their discussions more than once I have noticed this is just Shoaib's normal demeanor. It is a stupid trait he has but all TV hosts who bring him on seem to know this, especially Dr. Niaz, But at the end of the day Shoaib is a national icon and what Doc said to him on live TV along in front of all those guests too is far too disrespectful.

Last edited:
This is true but having watched their discussions more than once I have noticed this is just Shoaib's normal demeanor. It is a stupid trait he has but all TV hosts who bring him on seem to know this, especially Dr. Niaz, But at the end of the day Shoaib is a national icon and what Doc said to him on live TV along in front of all those guests too is far too disrespectful.

I agree, when you are in a position of power, you need to behave and be mindful that someone may try to elicit a reaction from you. He shouldn't have reacted in the manner he did. Unfortunately, this is the story everywhere. Executives give knee-jerk reactions. If they have a good relationship with the boss, nothing happens to them. If the boss wants to be difficult, the executive faces action. Taking action against an executive's heavy-handedness is seen as weakening his authority. The only exception is sexual harassment, which is not tolerated at all.

Shoaib akhter is also arrogant and most of the time had fight when he was in team. So both are same shoaib akhter and noman

you tell me what should be the criteria .... ???

BTW what is the Industry basic criteria for this job ... ??

because PTV sports pay handsome amount which Private TV channels are not paying to foreign experts ....

BTW this is not something which should be the benchmark of his performance as he is not generating revenue enough to meet the operational expenses of the PTV sports .... being the head of PTV sports this must the most basic standard his performance must be judged
financial issues of PTV are more deep rooted then we can think about. Look around other private channels we have fakhra-e-alam etc hosting sports discussions.

Dunger noman niaz father is an ex Lt. General..... Government can't do shit against him.

financial issues of PTV are more deep rooted then we can think about. Look around other private channels we have fakhra-e-alam etc hosting sports discussions.
Even then we shouldn't be forced to pay for PTV's horrible transmissions via our electricity bills, this is just pure extortion. Why should the common man be forced to pay for the Govt's propaganda machine?

As to Fakhar e Alam, the less said the better.

Dunger noman niaz father is an ex Lt. General..... Government can't do shit against him.
A short incidence: One of my uncle was the senior-most boiler designer in HMC Taxila during Zia era. So, Zia removed the civilian head of his department and brought in a retired military guy. During the meeting he was so pissed off and quit by saying ...only army retired officer is the solution of all technical and management related issues ???.... now he is US running his private consulting company.

As per the video below Dr. Sahib threatened the higher ups at PTV that IF he is pressurized to quit or resign he will NOT let anyone else to conduct the program....

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom