What's new

Doors open for negotiation with US on F-16 deal: Foreign Office

It is to some extent the failure of State Dept which failed to push the US PoV in Pakistan. US is today doing much more than China in keeping Pakistani economy stabilized but all that goes unpublished and all we see in media is smear pieces and anti US rhetoric while China is painted as second coming of Christ.

And what is US doing to stabilise our economy ? Pledging a billion dollars in aid annually ?

Our expats alone send 16 billion....

Meanwhile the Chinese investment is visible..

I hope not as I put across my concern to the Mods in the General Headquarter sections

last three times I was banned by a certain mod without any justification out of the blue
and like last time, this time too as far as I know I have not trolled nor baited nor used abusive languages nor engaged in personal attacks.

My points have logical, detailed and intended as constructive criticism against current Pakistani disposition

and not against Pakistani people or state of Pakistan. I have not made any racist, bigoted or off color remarks.

To paraphrase Sherlock Holmes

Elementary ; My Dear SPECTRE

US shouldn't supply Pak any more F-16s.... Please USA we are evil ...

I'd rather see the money being spent on JF project or another jet than a Fukin American F-16..

US unfortunately can never be trusted and Pak unfortunately is run by idiots.

Pakistan should go for the same deal Egypt did for the Mig-35

24 Mig-35 or Su-30MKP for $1 billion :oops:

Russia does give credit for military hardware, not sure why Pakistan doesn't take a line of credit of $5 billion for Russian equipment

F-16 is inferior to the Mig-29 and massively inferior to the Su-30

Quite true. If his were the prevailing opinion of most Pakistanis, I'm sure they would vote for a government accordingly, that would do exactly that.
Would Trump do the same Sir? After all he is being voted for exactly the reasons you mentioned above.

Just buy 12 j11 or su35 and see every f16 free for life don't have to pay a dim

And what is US doing to stabilise our economy ? Pledging a billion dollars in aid annually ?

Our expats alone send 16 billion....

Meanwhile the Chinese investment is visible..

That is the point - Chinese investment is visible and well publicized while US help is obfuscated. For all intent and purposes - US controls the purse strings of IMF and WB and it is they who continuously sanction loans so that Pakistan can service debt and not defaults because if Pakistan defaults it will loose access to international money market and trade. Western aid is scattered and distributed through NGOs in soft sectors like Education and social welfare schemes. Your Benajir Welfare Scheme benefits greatly from USAID.

China investment goes directly to profile sectors like Infa and energy. Secondly they are not all green field investments but to a large proportion loans which have guaranteed rate of return backed by Pakistani Sovereign Guarantee and thus risk less and highly profitable. Come to think of it - it is ironically funny. Pakistani SG is only worth something because it has not defaulted yet and for that credit goes to US. Where as China lends >15 percent ROI on back of SG which is much higher than global norm.

China also does not give free aid unlike US and UK. All Chinese money have to be paid back with interest.

" F-16 is a time tested fighter. We already have the infrastructure for this fighter. "

Same line, but a thousand years later.

I agree. My country needs to decide if it is interested in having allies from the Muslim world or not. There is virtually no chance, (or at least very little.), that these aircraft would be used against India but there is a 100% chance that they will be used in precision strikes against the enemies of Pakistan, as well as those of Afghanistan, & America.

For what it's worth, I did send my position to my state's congressional delegation. (I am a Republican Party official and do this often on topics that interest me.)
it can only be used against India, if there are open hostilities between the two countries. if you look up the past 10 year history.
India has been spoiling for a fight knowing well that our military is bogged down in the WoT along the western borders. it mobilised its forces on multiple times along with aggressive military manoeuvres with or without the excuse of Mombai terrorism. its air force from time to time does planned violations and mostly it gets intercepted or in rare occasions flies back after few minutes of flight inside Pakistan. if India is able to contain its military enthusiasm then these jets may never be employed to defend against Indian air force incursion

Yes you are right.. these jets have been extensively used in North waziristan and have really done wonders against the terrorists and their hideouts. you receive a filtered and biased reporting against Pakistan so it is understandable that there are questions among American public about this continued military cooperation between the two countries. .. your visiting commanders that are routinely briefed and your personnel that temporarily reside inside Pakistan for joint operations and intel briefs have somewhat different take on things which doesn't make a prime time worthy and sensational news item

any American assistance in our war in waziristan (intel based or equipment etc) is welcome. but the operation will continue regardless of that .. there are disagreements but there are shared goals otherwise our military would have moved back by now and wont have been loosing thousands of soldiers every year in this fight.

Interesting you would say this. As we speak, Pakistan is negotiating with US for MLU on its F-16s and there is even talk of buying second-hand F-16s. Who benefits from this arrangement?
we do

because we get same performance with fraction of the cost and all cost savings have double effect. we have surplus funds and you have surplus pain in the nether regions

Last edited:
IMO Pakistan should maintain positive relations with the U.S. Sure, you have ups and downs but totally closing the door will ultimately cause more problems for Pakistan.

Believe me, The Indians would love to see Pakistan turn it's back on U.S with closing embassies etc. Youll become the new Iran/North Korea.

Reassuringly, Pakistani government is still pursuing positive relations with U.S.

@Desertfalcon

Last edited:
There won't be a war anytime soon .. That's what he meant .. Unless you think Pak wont use them coz USA.

If there's another Mumbai or Kargil - all bets will be off the table and the f16s will come in handy for Pak.

Pakistan and India are walking on a tightrope, anything could upset the balance.

Time and time again this is the region that the world thinks is most likely to have a nuclear war - there is good reason for that expectation.

IMO Pakistan should maintain positive relations with the U.S. Sure, you have ups and downs but totally causing the door will ultimately cause more problems for Pakistan.

Believe me, The Indians would love to see Pakistan turn it's back on U.S with closing embassies etc. Youll become the new Iran/North Korea.

Reassuringly, Pakistani government is still pursuing positive relations with U.S.

@Desertfalcon
they just say that but truth is 90% of them want to move to usa if given a chance i am from indian punjab but i know that pakistani punjabi and indian punjabi 1st choice is umrika kanada inglaaand

we do

because we get same performance with fraction of the cost and all cost savings have double effect. we have surplus funds and you have surplus pain in the nether regions

I was talking about US using F-16s as leverage over Pakistan. I guess long as it gives India pain, why not continue to rely on the US for your weapon needs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom