What's new

Don't Question my Patriotism, Says Furious Wasim Akram

shuntmaster

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Don't Question my Patriotism, Says Furious Kolkata Knight Riders' Wasim Akram
Wasim Akram's role as bowling coach of Kolkata Knight Riders has been questioned by a few in Pakistan who doubt his sense of patriotism. The former fast bowler has now hit back. "If I don't work as coach or commentator then should I sell fruits?" he asks.

Press Trust of India | Last updated on Friday, 06 June 2014 14:54

Karachi:
wasim-akram-kkr-ipl-300.jpg
Former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram, who has been part of the Kolkata Knight Riders dug out in IPL, has lashed out at the people who have questioned his patriotism on social websites or on television shows.
A visibly upset Wasim said on Geo News channel on Thursday that he was very angry with those people who were questioning his patriotism on social websites just because he had been the bowling consultant of IPL champions KKR.
"At times when I read these rude and uncivilized comments it makes me very angry and I wish those writing such things were in front of me than I would deal with them in similar fashion," the former fast bowler said.
Wasim insisted that he had never preferred to work elsewhere and not for Pakistan cricket.
"People have to understand coaching or working on television is my bread and butter if I don't do this at this stage of my life should I sell fruits," he questioned.
Wasim said that he was not at a stage where he would go and stand outside the PCB offices asking for a job.
"Sorry where I stand I can't go and beg for something. I have told different PCB Chairmen that whenever I am in Karachi I am always available to work with the fast bowlers. Even if the Pakistan team bowlers are not available at that time I am willing to work with the junior players."
The former captain said that he was always keen to help the Pakistan team and was willing to give long term improvement plans for them. "But when I am not asked to do something obviously I have to seek my bread and butter somewhere."

wasim-akram-kkr-ipl-1-300.jpg
Wasim also backed the appointment of Waqar Younis as head coach of the Pakistan team. "Waqar is a strict and disciplined man and I have said
before this Pakistan team needs some discipline. I am sure he will do well with this team."

The former captain said no one should question his patriotism or loyalty to Pakistan because whatever he was in life it was because of Pakistan.

"Before writing any comments people should think what they are writing because everyone has self respect."

During tenure of Zaka Ashraf as PCB Chairman, Wasim last year held a 15-days camp for fast bowlers in Karachi.

A man has to earn his bread and butter but than again why has that butter to be made in India? A bowler like Wasim can easily work anywhere in the world but why India.

Its a shame that PCB does not hire services of people like Wasim. There was a time when our fast bowler attack was one of the best in the world and look where it has gone now. Absolute pathetic.:tdown:

Don't Question my Patriotism, Says Furious Kolkata Knight Riders' Wasim Akram
Wasim Akram's role as bowling coach of Kolkata Knight Riders has been questioned by a few in Pakistan who doubt his sense of patriotism. The former fast bowler has now hit back. "If I don't work as coach or commentator then should I sell fruits?" he asks.

Press Trust of India | Last updated on Friday, 06 June 2014 14:54

Karachi:
wasim-akram-kkr-ipl-300.jpg
Former Pakistan skipper Wasim Akram, who has been part of the Kolkata Knight Riders dug out in IPL, has lashed out at the people who have questioned his patriotism on social websites or on television shows.
A visibly upset Wasim said on Geo News channel on Thursday that he was very angry with those people who were questioning his patriotism on social websites just because he had been the bowling consultant of IPL champions KKR.
"At times when I read these rude and uncivilized comments it makes me very angry and I wish those writing such things were in front of me than I would deal with them in similar fashion," the former fast bowler said.
Wasim insisted that he had never preferred to work elsewhere and not for Pakistan cricket.
"People have to understand coaching or working on television is my bread and butter if I don't do this at this stage of my life should I sell fruits," he questioned.
Wasim said that he was not at a stage where he would go and stand outside the PCB offices asking for a job.
"Sorry where I stand I can't go and beg for something. I have told different PCB Chairmen that whenever I am in Karachi I am always available to work with the fast bowlers. Even if the Pakistan team bowlers are not available at that time I am willing to work with the junior players."
The former captain said that he was always keen to help the Pakistan team and was willing to give long term improvement plans for them. "But when I am not asked to do something obviously I have to seek my bread and butter somewhere."

wasim-akram-kkr-ipl-1-300.jpg
Wasim also backed the appointment of Waqar Younis as head coach of the Pakistan team. "Waqar is a strict and disciplined man and I have said
before this Pakistan team needs some discipline. I am sure he will do well with this team."

The former captain said no one should question his patriotism or loyalty to Pakistan because whatever he was in life it was because of Pakistan.

"Before writing any comments people should think what they are writing because everyone has self respect."

During tenure of Zaka Ashraf as PCB Chairman, Wasim last year held a 15-days camp for fast bowlers in Karachi.
A man has to earn his bread and butter but than again why has that butter to be made in India? A bowler like Wasim can easily work anywhere in the world but why India.

Its a shame that PCB does not hire services of people like Wasim. There was a time when our fast bowler attack was one of the best in the world and look where it has gone now. Absolute pathetic.:tdown:

he even gave bowling tips to Bangladesh fast bowling youngstar Taskin Ahmed few months ago by his own willingness after he was impressed his bowling against Aussies :D you will seen in ODI series against India :yahoo:

arrey wasim bhhi how can we not question your patriotism, you religion, your ethnicity, your sect and your marital life...after all that what we do best in Pakistan. Agar in cheezon se ghabratey ho to kisi aur mulk me paida hona tha na.

Simple. Maximum money to be made in India.

This people are question wasim and critizise the smallest of a thing most likely have no job and friends.

Are you saying that India is the only country left in the whole cricketing world to make money! Please
No. Its the country where you can earn the maximum if you have talent in cricket.
Akram simply chooses to make the maximum that he can and not settle for less in other countries.

Are you saying that India is the only country left in the whole cricketing world to make money! Please

when it comes to cricket, India has the highest paying opportunities.

I agree with him. We expect him to leave lucrative cash incentives and coach us for peanuts working for a board that is in constant turmoil and players who are so arrogant that they dont listen to anybody.
He has to earn and he can work anywhere he wants. India,s IPL and commentary contracts are the best deal he gets so he takes that. Blame PCB who cant even stabilize themselves and make enough money to hire a legend like him.
I am pretty sure many over here have left this country for better job opportunities and many wouldnt even think twice if tehy got the opportunity. Infact many in the country wouldnt even come to pakistan for bowling camps if they were in his shoes.
To question others is quite easy when you yourself are not in that position.

Wasim should just ignore then hypocritical low lives and enjoy the cash from IPL. I meant it.

Why get angry at him? Just keep good relation( You know what I mean) with us and see the real money!! I bet the Pakistani players will get the highest bidders and we can have some matches played in Pakistan which can make PCB rich!!..................:D

LOL mr akram who dont u take the trouble of coaching pakistan? And on top of that he is coaching the indians who even have never let us to get close to their leagues........ ''Dont question my patriotism'' LOL dont make me laugh........

LOL mr akram who dont u take the trouble of coaching pakistan? And on top of that he is coaching the indians who even have never let us to get close to their leagues........ ''Dont question my patriotism'' LOL dont make me laugh........

The only reason we don't let you get close to our leagues is that we fear that one of your people might blow it up one day !

Attacking patriotism of a personality like Wasim Akram who devoted his entire career for his country, led as a spearhead of their legendary pace battery is nothing but a farce. Probably championing patriotism has become a popular fashion for those now a days who probably have never done anything significant in their own life,let alone for their country. This is not just the story of Pakistan. We, Indians are mastering too in this regard.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom