What's new

Domestic & Social Crimes [Mob/ Vigilante justice] Thread

And what happened to My Thread? My thread was....."Do Christians have equal rights in Pakistan?" We were having a very nice and constructive debate.....but the Admin removed our last posts and changed the name of my thread....I just feel that it was not right at all.

Dear Admin...can you please tell me why you did that? I checked my private messages for the reason but I didn't get any reason....it will be appreciated if you can please provide me the reason why you did this to my thread.

Thank you

Christians have faced injustices, but to say they are discriminated on a broad level is ridiculous.....

and besides -- we have so many threads on this subject, why the need to make a new one

Another case.

Blasphemy allegations: Ahmadi family under threat from clerics

LAHORE:
An Ahmadi family in Khushab says it is being victimised by local clerics who instigated the expulsion of a 16-year-old from his school and are now pressing the police to register blasphemy cases against him and his father.

The father, Hakim Jameel, told The Express Tribune that activists of the Aalmi Majlis Tahafuz Khatme Nabuwat (AMTKN) were also trying to get his other two sons expelled from a college where they are ICom and BSc students.

AMTKN members insisted that the 16-year-old student of class 10 and his father had both committed blasphemy. They also made thinly-veiled threats to this correspondent not to publish this story.

Qari Saeed, the divisional president of AMTKN, and Waqas Ahmed moved the application seeking a case under Section 295-C of the Pakistan Penal Code against Rana Sajeel, 16, for allegedly making derogatory remarks about the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him), and under Section 289 against his father Rana Hakim Jameel for allegedly describing Sajeel as a Muslim in the school admission form.

The law does not permit anyone to call Ahmadis Muslims. Jameel denied putting down Islam as Sajeel’s religion, saying he had put down Ahmadi, as he had done when his other sons were applying to colleges.

He said the allegation against his son stemmed from a fight at school. He said that the school’s principal had overheard some students abusing Sajeel and had beaten them up. The students accused Sajeel of telling on them and beat him up. Sajeel then went to the principal to complain. “They made up a story, telling the principal they had attacked him because he made blasphemous remarks,” Jameel said.

He said that the principal of Al-Tahir Public School, Haji Aslam, was an AMTKN supporter and had lost an eye during a protest organised by the group. “The principal expelled my son and then got together with other AMTKN activists to lodge a police complaint,” Jameel said.

He said since the family had been accused of blasphemy, the AMTKN had been organising meetings at a mosque near their residence where they made inflammatory speeches. “People have turned against us,” he said. “We are under serious threat.”

He said that a property dispute may also lie behind the accusations. In August 2011, the Jamaat-i-Ahmadia had moved the courts against a woman named Zaibun Nisa who had tried to sell off land belonging to the Jamaat as her own, he said. Her grandfather had donated the land to the Jamaat in his will, he said.

The court ordered the registration of a case against Nisa and four others for fraud. She spent about three weeks in jail, before she announced that she was renouncing the community and moved in with Qari Saeed. He also arranged for her bail, Jameel said.

Qari Saeed said that he had no doubt that the police would register the blasphemy cases as “hundreds of students” had told him about the incident. Asked why he had not contacted the Khushab DPO when he was summoned as part of the investigation, he said: “The police should come to me if they need me. If I go to the police station, thousands of Muslims will come with me and there will be unrest.”

He admitted that Zaibun Nisa and her family were residing with him, but insisted that had nothing to do with this case. Asked about the property dispute, he lost his temper and hung up. Shortly after, a man identifying himself as AMTKN secretary general Abdullah phoned this correspondent and sought the address of The Tribune offices, saying he would send over some Lahore-based activists. As of late Wednesday night, they had not arrived.

A relative of Qari Saeed who taught at Al-Tahir School, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said that Sajeel had been his student and he did not believe that the boy had made blasphemous remarks. He said Saeed had a deep personal hatred towards Ahmadis.

Khushab DPO Imran Mahmood said that he was personally investigating the case and would not register the FIRs without substantial evidence. He said he would decide the applications in a few days.

Blasphemy allegations: Ahmadi family under threat from clerics – The Express Tribune

actually we are not privvy to the exact details....many of these cases involve simply bad blood, or family feud or some kind of land-related or material-related vendetta.....these words "commit blasphemy" or "insulted Prophet PBUH" are just used out of convenience to try "damaging" the credibility of the accused

so it's not merely hatred on sectarian level (well perhaps it could be who here knows?) but just people being emotional twats and trying to be opportunistic to settle scores

Christians have faced injustices, but to say they are discriminated on a broad level is ridiculous.....

and besides -- we have so many threads on this subject, why the need to make a new one

I started that thread and the topic of that thread was "Do Christians have equal rights in Pakistan?" Admin changed the name of my thread...removed last posts by me and other people....we were having a constructive debate...but they still did it....I just want to know why? Admin could have started a new sticky thread on that topic.....why they ruined my thread? And you think Christians are not discriminated because you are not a Christian....only a Christian knows if he/she is discriminated or not.

I started that thread and the topic of that thread was "Do Christians have equal rights in Pakistan?" Admin changed the name of my thread...removed last posts by me and other people....we were having a constructive debate...but they still did it....I just want to know why? Admin could have started a new sticky thread on that topic.....why they ruined my thread? And you think Christians are not discriminated because you are not a Christian....only a Christian knows if he/she is discriminated or not.

I'm Muslim, you're Christian --but together, we are Pakistanis.

Thats all that matters my man.

and i can assure you that you are allowed to discuss these types of things openly on the forum, but you can't make sensationalist type of headlines.....in this case, a link was initially not provided.

don't think or have idea that there's some kind of agenda here....we have Pakistanis on here of all sects and ethnicity groups and these diverse people are welcome always and encouraged to participate in talks

simonyaqoob, I would like to say we all have our grievances against the Pakistani establishment. I sympathize with you 100%. I fully support everyone on that issue. But we don't think of you any differently, you are Pakistanis, we are Pakistanis. You are not on a lesser (or higher) grounding than me, or any other Pakistani. Let's work together to resolve our issues, & the issues we all face in our society. Our society has a long way to go before these injustices that you face, & everyone else faces end.

and i can assure you that you are allowed to discuss these types of things openly on the forum, but you can't make sensationalist type of headlines.....in this case, a link was initially not provided.

don't think or have idea that there's some kind of agenda here....we have Pakistanis on here of all sects and ethnicity groups and these diverse people are welcome always and encouraged to participate in talks

Thank you for your kind reply....yes we are Pakistani....I am from Pakistan and I am proud to say that I am a Pakistani....I just dont want to be cut off from all other Pakistanis due to my faith...those words mean a lot to me! Thank you

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

simonyaqoob, I would like to say we all have our grievances against the Pakistani establishment. I sympathize with you 100%. I fully support everyone on that issue. But we don't think of you any differently, you are Pakistanis, we are Pakistanis. You are not on a lesser (or higher) grounding than me, or any other Pakistani. Let's work together to resolve our issues, & the issues we all face in our society. Our society has a long way to go before these injustices that you face, & everyone else faces end.

Yes we are all equal according to the constitution of Pakistan....Now that I have got my answers....I will post articles here according to the above topic :D

I'm Muslim, you're Christian --but together, we are Pakistanis.

Thats all that matters my man.

How is he a Pakistani? Does he have the same rights as you? Obviously not. Effectively he is your slave. Its in his interest to keep his master, you, happy or else..he could also be dead among other things.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

and i can assure you that you are allowed to discuss these types of things openly on the forum, but you can't make sensationalist type of headlines.....

Yes, yes, don't make waves, don't try to change this master-slave status quo, that's what we don't like. Be the slave that you are then we will tolerate you. No matter its 21st century, not for us. We still have the mindset from dark ages.

In the wake of 24 soldiers dead its bit difficult to get sympathies if its clear that Pakistani state itself systematically persecutes its own people and grossly violates human rights, so at this point false patriotism must take precedence over human rights. This also gives you the answer to your question "Do Christians have equal rights in Pakistan?" You should not have any illusion if there was any.

How is he a Pakistani? Does he have the same rights as you? Obviously not. Effectively he is your slave. Its in his interest to keep his master, you, happy or else..he could also be dead among other things.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

Yes, yes, don't make waves, don't try to change this master-slave status quo, that's what we don't like. Be the slave that you are then we will tolerate you. No matter its 21st century, not for us. We still have the mindset from dark ages.

You're not Pakistani, are you? Be honest.

Back
Top Bottom