What's new

Does Turkey really need long-range missiles?

On topic: Turkish military, though good and dandy, is not considered a serious contender in Europe/Western world.

Turkey is making indigenous tanks, artillery, and other weapons..great!

But if Turkey establishes an advance missile program with solid fueled, MIRVed, highly effective missiles...then Turks will become a serious military in Anatolian Euro-Asian reigion..

Imagine: Turkish military on the meeting-point of Europe and Asia, on top of Black Sea and Mediterranean sea..equipped with F-16s, top tier tanks, NATO-Standard training, 600,000+ soldiers, tens of thousands of land systems...AND an advance ballistic missile program capable of reaching Moscow and across Europe.

Now that is some real talk right there...
Turkey is preparing for NATO to disintegrate. IF you look at the economic trend in Europe you can only see it is going down south. If Europe crumbles economically, not much of NATO will remain.

Turkey is preparing for NATO to disintegrate. IF you look at the economic trend in Europe you can only see it is going down south. If Europe crumbles economically, not much of NATO will remain.
Are you saying Turkish military and economically will outnumber NATO and EU alone?

Looks like Turkey will be the regional superpower of Europe since they already are in the Middle East. Ottoman army is reviving, if this is what you are talking about :cheers:

Just need one more mission..."nuclear weapons" then done :tup:

Are you saying Turkish military and economically will outnumber NATO and EU alone?

Looks like Turkey will be the regional superpower of Europe since they already are in the Middle East. Ottoman army is reviving, if this is what you are talking about :cheers:

Just need one more mission..."nuclear weapons" then done :tup:
Nuclear weapon is final deterrent. It won't mean there won't all out war. Turkey lives in very volatile region. It needs to protect her assets and a lot of people don't understand what Turkey's assets are.

There is the Turkish straits which was always eyed by the Russians. And the mineral resources and water Turkey has in the east. There are only two rivers in mid-east and begin in Turkey.

About Turkish military in the future, if you look at the developments of Turkish military industry compared to non-existing military development in Europe, you can already predict Turkey will be biggest army of Europe in 10 or 20 years. In addition Turkey will arm Azerbaijan and other Turkic states. Energy projects with Turkic countries will fuel this process.

Nuclear weapon is final deterrent. It won't mean there won't all out war. Turkey lives in very volatile region. It needs to protect her assets and a lot of people don't understand what Turkey's assets are.

There is the Turkish straits which was always eyed by the Russians. And the mineral resources and water Turkey has in the east. There are only two rivers in mid-east and begin in Turkey.

About Turkish military in the future, if you look at the developments of Turkish military industry compared to non-existent military development in Europe , you can already predict Turkey will be biggest army of Europe in 10 or 20 years. In addition Turkey will arm Azerbaijan and other Turkic states. Energy projects with Turkic countries will fuel this process.

lol,are you living under a rock ? :lol:

So new destroyers,frigates,high tech new AA, AS,etc missiles,UAV programs,jet fighter/trainers,programs,etc,etc,etc is non existent to you.:woot:

Turkey presently has no conflict with any countries but it seems logical that it should prepare for such an eventuality in the future, the Ruskis and Yiddis are the only countries for which there is a remote possibility of clash of interests, but its a positive move by the Turks....

lol,are you living under a rock ? :lol:

So new destroyers,frigates,high tech new AA, AS,etc missiles,UAV programs,jet fighter/trainers,programs,etc,etc,etc is non existent to you.:woot:
Sorry I didn't recognize supa dupa military development of supa powa Romania.

Sorry I didn't recognize supa dupa military development of supa powa Romania.

Yes,because you were talking about Romania specifically in your post and I the same in my counter post.:wacko:

The moment someone calls you for being obviously brain dead is the moment you start throwing childlish temper tantrums with no relation to the subject.In short,a troll.

Yes,because you were talking about Romania specifically in your post and I the same in my counter post.:wacko:
So which country specifically? Greece? Romania? Bulgaria?

Obviously only Germany, UK and France have considerable army and they are limiting military spending.

The remaining what you say, I don't care, obviously you are here to get attention and you got it.

So which country specifically? Greece? Romania? Bulgaria?

Obviously only Germany, UK and France have considerable army and they are limiting military spending.

The remaining what you say, I don't care, obviously you are here to get attention and you got it.

France,Italy,Spain,Germany ,UK,even Sweden has advanced missile,fighter jets programs,not to mention "kick ***" new stealth submarines (coming soon) and corvettes.Even smaller states have decent militaries or do you expect countries with 5-10 million people to have 500k man armies ?

Bankrupt Greece has a credible deterent against agression.While i think it can be overpowered by Turkey on a 1 vs 1 basis it's all about deterent (one of the reasons why Turkey didn't come guns blazing in Syria) ,the fact that it can cause much damage with its military assets,especially if the greeks would fight a defensive war.

In your post you were talking about Europe like there would be no developments in the future while this is not true.Heck,even small countries like mine (since you've brought it up) are improoving their capabilities with aquisition of new fighter jets (12 F16 MLU upgrade paid for,24-36 more scheduled by 2016) ,improoved rocket artilery (160mm-300mm with 60-150 km range ),new home made IFV's,missile systems for the navy,etc. Serbia has had some nice developments to lately.Sure,can these EE countries match Turkey ? Ofcourse not.Can the Western ones ? Yes.And they keep developing new weapon systems,nobody is standing still,contrary of what you said.

Again,maybe you forgot your own post...You've said non-existent military development in Europe.

Btw,Turkey might be involeved in the new military developments in my country.It is rumoured that new F16'S from 2015-2016 might get the MLU upgrade in Turkey,that's why our currently brain dead president visited turkish facilities.

Last edited:
@atatwolf you cant understimate European armies, some of them are capable of doing international missions such as France and England.
Also the equipment of European armies ar modern and effective, you shouldnt take small European armies as exsample.

@atatwolf you cant understimate European armies, some of them are capable of doing international missions such as France and England.
Also the equipment of European armies ar modern and effective, you shouldnt take small European armies as exsample.
If you read carefully, I acknowledged the capability of UK, France and Germany..

But it is just the truth the remaining countries have non-existing armies. Greece can't even pay fuel for test missions for their jets for example.

France,Italy,Spain,Germany ,UK,even Sweden has advanced missile,fighter jets programs,not to mention "kick ***" new stealth submarines (coming soon) and corvettes.Even smaller states have decent militaries or do you expect countries with 5-10 million people to have 500k man armies ?
I acknowledged the capabilities of the armies of UK, Germany and France. That is not the problem but if you leave out those three countries, not much of European armies will remain. They are push over.

Bankrupt Greece has a credible deterent against agression.While i think it can be overpowered by Turkey on a 1 vs 1 basis it's all about deterent (one of the reasons why Turkey didn't come guns blazing in Syria) ,the fact that it can cause much damage with its military assets,especially if the greeks would fight a defensive war.
What kind of deterrent? Greece doesn't even have money to pay fuel for its jets. Do you thinkt they will make chance against Turkish airforce? Turkish airforce won n1 price in multiple contests. There is also SOM which pooch Greek defences within couple of days.

In your post you were talking about Europe like there would be no developments in the future while this is not true.Heck,even small countries like mine (since you've brought it up) are improoving their capabilities with aquisition of new fighter jets (12 F16 MLU upgrade paid for,24-36 more scheduled by 2016) ,improoved rocket artilery (160mm-300mm with 60-150 km range ),new home made IFV's,missile systems for the navy,etc. Serbia has had some nice developments to lately.Sure,can these EE countries match Turkey ? Ofcourse not.Can the Western ones ? Yes.And they keep developing new weapon systems,nobody is standing still,contrary of what you said.
Those are nice words and nice examples but I only care about facts, not romantic stories. Europe is cutting military spending. Soon not much of it will remain.
Btw,Turkey might be involeved in the new military developments in my country.It is rumoured that new F16'S from 2015-2016 might get the MLU upgrade in Turkey,that's why our currently brain dead president visited turkish facilities.
why brain dead?

If you read carefully, I acknowledged the capability of UK, France and Germany..

But it is just the truth the remaining countries have non-existing armies. Greece can't even pay fuel for test missions for their jets for example.

I acknowledged the capabilities of the armies of UK, Germany and France. That is not the problem but if you leave out those three countries, not much of European armies will remain. They are push over.

Not exactly...Italy for example 96 EF,90 F35 on order,some 60 upgraded Tornado's-Airforce ,a very good navy constantly upgraded,decent army,Spain the same,Sweden for it's size is doing well,so is Finland,etc-not exactly push overs.Plus ,as i've outlined in my original post you first refered to Europe as a whole.

Those are nice words and nice examples but I only care about facts, not romantic stories. Europe is cutting military spending. Soon not much of it will remain.
why brain dead?

Except that those are not "romantic words" but the actual modernisation program which starts this year with money going first for missile for the frigates,IFV's..The rocket artillery system is also in the making (previous years we modernised the LAROM with 160 mm and 45 km range,now we're expanding),basically all i've stated.Now it may not seem to much for you but a country our size is quite acceptable.

The president is brain dead because he'a a ridiculous american/EU stooge who ran this country into the ground in the last 9 years while he got richer and richer.He's utterly despised in here and we all hope he lands in jail after his term is over..

In 2007-2008 he sabotaged a deal with SAAB for 48 Gripens with off set because he had clear instructions from the masters."F16'S for Romania !"

Not exactly...Italy for example 96 EF,90 F35 on order,some 60 upgraded Tornado's-Airforce ,a very good navy constantly upgraded,decent army,Spain the same,Sweden for it's size is doing well,so is Finland,etc-not exactly push overs.Plus ,as i've outlined in my original post you first refered to Europe as a whole.

Except that those are not "romantic words" but the actual modernisation program which starts this year with money going first for missile for the frigates,IFV's..The rocket artillery system is also in the making (previous years we modernised the LAROM with 160 mm and 45 km range,now we're expanding),basically all i've stated.Now it may not seem to much for you but a country our size is quite enough.

I bet I can get a Libel Suit filed against you for implying that Sweden is 'small', Barrister Flamer ! :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom