What's new

Does Turkey Need an Aircraft Carrier(Juan Carlos LHD)?

Does Turkey need the Juan Carlos LHD?

• Yes

Votes: 42 71.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 18.6%

• Total voters
Are you disturbed by power projection of your country ?
:lol:
You are so naive. Everything comes with its prices. You need to see the trade-off. if it is just a useless power projection ego boosting piss contest, it is obviously a stupid project. I prefer to wait to see what they are going to do with this project.
BTW, avoid this fascist attitude in replying everyone. You are in no position to interrogate anyone or attribute non-sense sentences to them.

No need for Aircraft carrier, are we going to attack a country several thousand kilometer far away?

It looks like Turkey will have the Juan Carlos LHD which will carry not only helicopters, troops, and vehicles but also F-35's. As we all know this will be an expensive piece of equipment due to high maintenance costs and the initial large procurement cost, so does Turkey need a ship with those capabilities? What will it be used for? Could this money have been better spent somewhere else? So the big question is does Turkey need the LHD it is planning to procure?

For those who want to learn more about the LHD turkey plans to acquire watch this video.

(There is a thread on the same topic but it is old and you can't vote)

(You can change your votes)
If you want projection capabilities - one in which you actually have the resources(on board) to make a difference to whichever area you deploy, then it makes more sense to go for a full fledged carrier, not an LHD.

The advantages of a Carrier over an LHD like Juan Carlos are too numerous - from tonnage to space to logistics to launch frequency and purpose built.
Dollar for dollar, if you are looking to project power, LHD is a bad option compared to a Carrier.

Plus a Carrier is not a one time expense, it will need a full sized CBG to go with it to ensure it remains secure. Not to mention that you will have to purchase 2 Carriers so that one is always on station while the other one is docked or under maintenance.

We don't even need a LHD let alone an AC. I'd feel a lot better if we can successfully produce 1 TF-2000 over 5 LHD's. If you guys are worried about the Mediterranean crisis, we don't need a LHD, we need some state of the art AAW frigates and we need them ASAP.

Voted unsure. i don't see where this projection of power is needed at the moment. Our traditional enemies are close and our economy and military is now growing step by step, so i think the money would have been better spent on cementing the nations's defense in order to preserve the country's growth instead of increasing offensive power projection which probably will not be used much imo, though obviously the officials had their reasons when they signed the contract, so let's see to what good use it will be put.

Turks fought in the last Korean war. Koreans I have spoken to said sooner or later a new Korean war will break out. It is not such an odd scenario. Probably China won't stay still like last time. Also tentions with Japan are growing. We could see a regional war breaking out there.

If a new war broke out I doubt SK would need anyone's help.

We really need to acquire those islands on the west :/

We really need to acquire those islands on the west :/
Not going to happen, even Russia with local population support could barely get Crimea but look their economy is collapsing befause of sanctions, on which basis do you wanna claim the Islands? There are no Turks, unlike Cyprus.

Not going to happen, even Russia with local population support could barely get Crimea but look their economy is collapsing befause of sanctions, on which basis do you wanna claim the Islands? There are no Turks, unlike Cyprus.

Border security, because those islands gives us a strategic disadvantage, even though we won't have war anytime near, but thinking like the Russians sometimes and have strong borders for possible defences is good.

There is a historical argument, but I can't really call it valid for today.

Can you understand french xenon?

Border security, because those islands gives us a strategic disadvantage, even though we won't have war anytime near, but thinking like the Russians sometimes and have strong borders for possible defences is good.

There is a historical argument, but I can't really call it valid for today.

Can you understand french xenon?
Yeah but we dont have legal basis to claim those islands, nor are we a pariah state to attack sovereign nations over non-legit resons.

And no i dont understand french language. :)

Back
Top Bottom