What's new

Does the PA need more troops to fight terror?

Frontier Corps ?

theyn are the symbol of colonillsm, they dont desrved to be a force!

in PAKISTAN?;):lol::pakistan:

Counter-insurgency has always been and will always be primarily an intelligence matter, particularly HUMINT. You don't need 200,000 men specially trained to do that. And honeslty Pakistan would be better off devoting that training to conventional combat, since the PakArmy will be fighting at numerical disadvantages against its main national security threat - India.

As far as combatting insurgencies goes, napalm is pretty effective way to go :P. Joking aside, the US military is finding Hellfire missiles launched from helicopters to be very effective. You can put a hellfire through a window and with its small warhead it minimizes collateral damage. Of course it's not a cheap solution.

Counter-insurgency has always been and will always be primarily an intelligence matter, particularly HUMINT. You don't need 200,000 men specially trained to do that. And honeslty Pakistan would be better off devoting that training to conventional combat, since the PakArmy will be fighting at numerical disadvantages against its main national security threat - India.

As far as combatting insurgencies goes, napalm is pretty effective way to go :P. Joking aside, the US military is finding Hellfire missiles launched from helicopters to be very effective. You can put a hellfire through a window and with its small warhead it minimizes collateral damage. Of course it's not a cheap solution.

saiko;sir
hi,
well we need to have extra 200,000 men specially trained , because regular troops are already out numbered by the indian forces in the "conventional combat", but if we can try to form a force which can , provide the support to the regular troops in conventional combat", & at the same time it can do the "combatting insurgency",surly it will takeout the mentle stress of the troops , which is the basic weekness of a slodier!:cheers:

well , Hellfire missiles ! they are good , i really like to see them in our inventry, but fired from a pak drone, only till that not happen, you never get any positive results, in that part of the difficultest war zone of the world!
i think , policy of violence will generate more ,violence?
after all these people were trained by CIA ,in late 80's?
pakistan needs extra forces to commbat indian influence , from the different front!;):agree::pakistan:

Well I guess 200,000 more soldiers couldn't hurt, but is it affordable? Maybe the first thing money should be spent on is giving the troops in the region body armour, non-lethal weapon systems, precision weapons, night-vision gear, more training on MOUT, etc.

One thing to take into consideration - IMF loan conditions.

These rules are very strict and include cut in subsidies and defense expenditure.

Pakistan is granted loan of $7.6 bn. The 'repay' will be scheduled for five years starting from 2011. So there will be certain limitations until 2017. I don't know the details. Somebody please throw some light on the issue.

Thanks.

One thing to take into consideration - IMF loan conditions.

These rules are very strict and include cut in subsidies and defense expenditure.

Pakistan is granted loan of $7.6 bn. The 'repay' will be scheduled for five years starting from 2011. So there will be certain limitations until 2017. I don't know the details. Somebody please throw some light on the issue.

Thanks.

Torpedo; sir
sory plz ,describe , the rullings where it was writtn , that if pakistan will get ,loan of $7.6 bn IMF loan , it cant take steps to counter insurgency or it cant defend it self from the invading forces?:lol:
limitations ? plz detallied it.:hitwall:
yes there are conditions but ,these conditions arent important , to bypass pakistans, national intersts.:azn:

Counter-insurgency has always been and will always be primarily an intelligence matter, particularly HUMINT. You don't need 200,000 men specially trained to do that.

Human intelligence is one thing BUT does not specify that CI is primarily an intelligence issue. MUMINT is only one form and it requires troops to get that intel, it does not fall off the back of a truck.

CI is the combination of boots on the ground and the intel to suggest what and where.
As for training CRAP! You need troops on the ground that are trained to gather teat intel, operate with it and know how to pass it up line.
So you DO need troops trained in CI.
Even the US has discovered that CI needs different training to deal with that specific type of ops.

And honeslty Pakistan would be better off devoting that training to conventional combat, since the PakArmy will be fighting at numerical disadvantages against its main national security threat - India

Oh this may have some truth, but any conflict can change to something else quickly. SO it does not pay to have all the army trained just for conventional war. Some need to be trained in other aspects of conflict.
Should not the PA, or parts thereof, be trained in asymmetric/unconventional warfare as well?
Here I do not just mean the SF groupings.

Torpedo; sir
sory plz ,describe , the rullings where it was writtn , that if pakistan will get ,loan of $7.6 bn IMF loan , it cant take steps to counter insurgency or it cant defend it self from the invading forces?:lol:
limitations ? plz detallied it.:hitwall:
yes there are conditions but ,these conditions arent important , to bypass pakistans, national intersts.:azn:

Well, for your information, I won't be happy if IMF cuts Pakistan's expenses on WOT.

Secondly, as I have said, I don't know the details. But I have heard of such rules of IMF regarding defense expenses. It may be due to IMF wants the priority to be given to payback of its loans.

To make myself more clear, I would say "UNFORTUNATELY Pakistan has some conditions". But then these must be discussed. That's only what I have suggested. Please somebody having knowledge throw some light on the issue.

I think we need to deploy some good policing units. There should be a general perception of lawfulness by putting a badge with a gun in several troubled locations.

The perception of security would promote it.

One of the advantages that the German special forces unit GSG9 has is that it is not actually part of the German army but is instead attached to the Police border guards.

This means they can carry out detective work and they also have the powers of arrest.

Adapting the Frontier Corps to at least have the power of arrest would make them a capable force to tackle lawlessness rather than just killing the enemy.

One of the advantages that the German special forces unit GSG9 has is that it is not actually part of the German army but is instead attached to the Police border guards.

This means they can carry out detective work and they also have the powers of arrest.

Adapting the Frontier Corps to at least have the power of arrest would make them a capable force to tackle lawlessness rather than just killing the enemy.

JK!;sir
no,its not only "power of arrest " which can make FC, a "capable force to tackle lawlessness" sorry thier initial role isnt that?

problums facsd GSG9 ,cant be compared by the probleum s which , we are facing inthe fata!

PAK ARMY needs a real "HELPING HAND" which can do job , for them, a real force , a real modrnized armed force ,with advanced traning ...for every situation.;):agree::tup:

Well, for your information, I won't be happy if IMF cuts Pakistan's expenses on WOT.

Secondly, as I have said, I don't know the details. But I have heard of such rules of IMF regarding defense expenses. It may be due to IMF wants the priority to be given to payback of its loans.

To make myself more clear, I would say "UNFORTUNATELY Pakistan has some conditions". But then these must be discussed. That's only what I have suggested. Please somebody having knowledge throw some light on the issue.

I won't be happy if IMF cuts Pakistan's expenses on WOT.

lets see , can they got the blls , to do that!:lol::agree:

I don't know the details. But I have heard of such rules of IMF regarding defense expenses.

you dont have any thing to prove thn , plz stop medlling! this thread.

I would say "UNFORTUNATELY Pakistan has some conditions". But then these must be discussed.

a real , confused , and feared post.:rofl:

How about changing the stratgey and wepons!
We should increase ISI and get to the root cause and strike.
I don't think most of us are really sure what's going on out their.
Only those who gert security briefings are in better position to understand but again army is taking their orders from political govt.
I think it would be wrong if we plan a stratgey for an individual front.
We have been facing occasional terrorism in Baluchistan from years. Today, bomb blasts are in every nook and corner.
All those who had been held responsible for anti Pakistan activities in past are ruling present day Pakistan.
I think no war strategy will work as long enemy knows our movements and planning.
Adding number of soldiers may help but mere manning the boarders is no solution.
Infect, this will make our soldiers sitting ducks irrespective of numbers.
It is simply not possible to win this gorilla war with any number of troops.
We are going in wrong direction.
IMO, we should prepare some master security plan for the cities and than after securing the major cities we should hit the master minds and terror setup will break automatically.

I won't be happy if IMF cuts Pakistan's expenses on WOT.

lets see , can they got the blls , to do that!:lol::agree:

I don't know the details. But I have heard of such rules of IMF regarding defense expenses.

you dont have any thing to prove thn , plz stop medlling! this thread.

I would say "UNFORTUNATELY Pakistan has some conditions". But then these must be discussed.

a real , confused , and feared post.:rofl:

It seems all Pakistani members have lost there senses due to anger.
Well, go on, keep living in freams.

It seems all Pakistani members have lost there senses due to anger.
Well, go on, keep living in freams.

Torpedo; sir
you like or not , it can happen !

It seems all Pakistani members have lost there senses due to anger.:eek::lol::tsk:
no my dear its not Pakistani members , who lost thier heads , i guss its you Well, go on, keep living in freams:azn::rofl:

bythe way just 200000 increase of troops in PAKARMY,would not make india week, so plz dont be wory!;):agree::cheers:

Back
Top Bottom