What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

So what you mean is strategic bombers are absolutely useless ? If you dont realize the need of it then no point in arguing furthur.
But I would agree that your argument is totally valid in near/medium term.
not saying that they are useless.. but,apparently our enemies are very near to our home and we are a developing nation....we should allocate our resources in the best possible way....

India needs peace. and to peacefully resolve its border problems.The last thing it needs is weapons. These purchases will encourage China Pakistan to increase their spending etc on weapons.

Peace is Good, But it doesn't help always. There are situation which is not in our hand. We need everything including Weapons.

We are Buying and we should for own Defence and Retaliation. You can also Buy or Avoid. Your Wish!

Yeah I 've heard about it but it is still 5-10 years away BTW.

Neither do i see or sense a war raging before 5 to 10 years from now....
and BTW if you know then you must be knowing that it has already been produce on 26 NOv, 2006(if you are not 5 - 10 years behind us) and only an official confirmation is required to get it commissioned and believe me the Indian system isnt that fatigued to take 10 years for officially confirming a news....
SOURCE
Read This : Indian Ballistic Missile Defense Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Neither do i see or sense a war raging before 5 to 10 years from now....

No body sensed anything during Lahore Bus yatra and we know what was going on at that time...

No body sensed anything during Lahore Bus yatra and we know what was going on at that time...

Sir, You are a very senior member and I truly respect your presence here. But in my opinion "NO BODY" is a very VAGUE term used here...the IB,RAW and local Intelligence had already given ample amount of warnings to the Indian Army and Brig. Surinder Singh had forwarded the warnings to higher authorities, well in advance... BUT it was sheer ignorance of those sitting on that "LAHORE BUS" of yours who didnt consider the news and warnings worth it, and India had to loose 527 of their very beloved men in the war that resulted...
as far as my justification of that first line of my previous post is concerned in my last post I made it utmost clear that "I" do not sense or see any war. I never said the IB or RAW did not sense or see a war.
REGARDS

Sir, You are a very senior member and I truly respect your presence here. But in my opinion "NO BODY" is a very VAGUE term used here...the IB,RAW and local Intelligence had already given ample amount of warnings to the Indian Army and Brig. Surinder Singh had forwarded the warnings to higher authorities, well in advance... BUT it was sheer ignorance of those sitting on that "LAHORE BUS" of yours who didnt consider the news and warnings worth it, and India had to loose 527 of their very beloved men in the war that resulted...
as far as my justification of that first line of my previous post is concerned in my last post I made it utmost clear that "I" do not sense or see any war. I never said the IB or RAW did not sense or see a war.
REGARDS

Yes nobody was a very vague term..Sorry for that..
By nobody i meant those at the helms ...

No we don't need bombers. Simply because IAF doesn't have an invasive doctrine even when fighting a war. As per the doctrine formed after modern India's independence, our troops and military assets will simply be there to defend Indian soil and not to push beyond international borders. It is a flawed policy, that I will say; but as long as it stays and is not amended, we simply find no use of maintaining expensive bombers.

For convenience' sake we already got the TU-142s which can be modified into nuclear capable bombers from the IN. After all, they are cousins to the Tu-95 Bear. :azn:.

This very doctrine of Indian military of not being invasive (and being suicidally 'righteous') is what made the Navy cancel the whole TU-22M supersonic bombers leasing apart from maintenance costs which are exorbitant considering that the bombers were old and of Soviet days.

well we do need one or develop one like a B-2 for technology demonstration .. may be it will take 20-30 years for us. But its a necessary project to understand the stealth. Or if another breakthrough in technology takes place like Steven Spielberg's fictions.. then its diff thing.

Coming to strategic point of view then again its always good to have stealth if we can afford. It gives an edge over the enemy. I wont completely deny to have a stealth bomber. Since we are following cold start doctrine we need to have some sort of stealth to dysfunction all enemy base units and early warning radar systems even deep inside the enemy territory and the hills without giving any premature sign of surgical strikes. Plus we shouldn't say that it's use will be restricted only to deploy nukes. Enemy shouldn't know from where the attack came.

There will always be some "B2 bombers" which a country will need and will find it hard to invest $$ towards it. We can't afford it in medium term.
To MODS : Nothing more is left to discuss in this thread.

Well having a stealth bomber will certainly give a lot of edge to IAF, there is no room for debate:no: but I feel it is not the right time.

Immediate job at hand for IAF is to reach its sanctioned strength of fighter planes which are depleting by every passing day:eek:. A stealth bomber can compliment regular fighters but in the absence of conventional fighters in enough numbers i dont think they will render the value for their cost:tup:

Well having a stealth bomber will certainly give a lot of edge to IAF, there is no room for debate:no: but I feel it is not the right time.

Immediate job at hand for IAF is to reach its sanctioned strength of fighter planes which are depleting by every passing day:eek:. A stealth bomber can compliment regular fighters but in the absence of conventional fighters in enough numbers i dont think they will render the value for their cost:tup:

Why worry, just chill. F**k fear Drink Beer.
Happy Friendship Day to all PDF mates.

No we don't need bombers. Simply because IAF doesn't have an invasive doctrine even when fighting a war. As per the doctrine formed after modern India's independence, our troops and military assets will simply be there to defend Indian soil and not to push beyond international borders. It is a flawed policy, that I will say; but as long as it stays and is not amended, we simply find no use of maintaining expensive bombers.

For convenience' sake we already got the TU-142s which can be modified into nuclear capable bombers from the IN. After all, they are cousins to the Tu-95 Bear. :azn:.

This very doctrine of Indian military of not being invasive (and being suicidally 'righteous') is what made the Navy cancel the whole TU-22M supersonic bombers leasing apart from maintenance costs which are exorbitant considering that the bombers were old and of Soviet days.

i am not a troll, but we dont want to get pushed around like Vietnam. A stealth bomber will only in the context of China due to its vast geography.
Though our oplicy is not of offence, but what if one day China attack us. Do you realy belive that we will only be defending ourselfs?
One of the major criteria in a war is making the enimy so weak that it cant afford to continue the war. To do so you need to attack strategic targets & targets of economic values all over the enimy country.
I prefer we can induct some stealth bombers as B2 Sprit but not more than 3 to 5. That number is much more than sufficent.

i am not a troll, but we dont want to get pushed around like Vietnam. A stealth bomber will only in the context of China due to its vast geography.
Though our oplicy is not of offence, but what if one day China attack us. Do you realy belive that we will only be defending ourselfs?
One of the major criteria in a war is making the enimy so weak that it cant afford to continue the war. To do so you need to attack strategic targets & targets of economic values all over the enimy country.
I prefer we can induct some stealth bombers as B2 Sprit but not more than 3 to 5. That number is much more than sufficent.

Again the same argument :\
Buddy every one here is unanimous in the need for it. Just not feasible in near term.

Btw, Happy Friendship day to all my companions on pdf :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom