What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

First of all forget the BrahMos thing once and for all... The operational range of a BrahMos is a mere 290 km so it is practically 'insane' to say that our BrahMos can do "this and that" and virtually take the place of a stealth bomber.. BrahMos is a supersonic missile best suitable for close air combat, or anti ship combat or close distance surface to surface combat so you CANNOT compare it with an Bomber aircraft at first... as far as the subsonic missile is concerned they are more target specefic and do relatively less area damage as compared to any bomber("which can convert any urban city into ruins") so for heaven's sake stop boasting our BM's(i am not telling its not good)...
But don't you think attacking civillian establishments of a nuke power like china or pak will be a stuipid decision.

India needs peace. and to peacefully resolve its border problems. The last thing it needs is weapons. These purchases will encourage China Pakistan to increase their spending etc on weapons.

Helpful in destroying troops and bunkers in less number of sorties when Major enemy Air defenses are destroyed in SEAD Missions
SO I think it will be better to go with a stealth drone rather than a bomber .

India needs peace. and to peacefully resolve its border problems. The last thing it needs is weapons. These purchases will encourage China Pakistan to increase their spending etc on weapons.

Double standard statement but true to some extent

Double standard statement but true to some extent

How is this double standards. I believe that all the countries in our region should resolve their issues peacefully. Arms race benefits no one in this region. Only benefits american and other weapon manufacturers.

But don't you think attacking civillian establishments of a nuke power like china or pak will be a stuipid decision.

My beloved friend this is "war", 'you cannot win your enemy until you kill your enemy'(nice lines though)... If USA would have thought about the casaulty projections of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, we would still have been fighting the world war 2 till now... everything is fare in war and anything possible..

How is this double standards. I believe that all the countries in our region should resolve their issues peacefully. Arms race benefits noone in this region. Only benefits american and other weapon manufacturers.

Everyone needs peace, so what do you expect?? a sudden change in the mind set of Diplomats and Hug each other?? Brother, Land is a bigger game, do you really think I and you cannot be friends? Do I have anything personal with you or do u have anything to me?? Isnt it all a comedy when you go to sleep...

whoever is arguing the uselessness of stealth bombers solely because we have BM/CMs can be considered school kids only.
Stealth Bombers give an altogether different dimension to waging war. It can bring civilian governments to knees with even limited strikes and the psychological effect it has on enemy moral cannot be measured with $$$. Also, strategic bombers need not necessarily use nuclear option only.

The only reason for not employing it is because it is too damn expensive even for major economies like India/China/US/Russia.
We need it thats for sure. It is just not the immediate priority of GoI and rightly so.

SO I think it will be better to go with a stealth drone rather than a bomber .

If it is low in cost and has considerable amount of payload then yes.
Otherwise Stealth strategic bombers are quite useful for destroying large military installations, bunkers and troops after Successful SEAD Missions.
You can take example of US using B-2 used in Iraq after destruction of their air forces.

Everyone needs peace, so what do you expect?? a sudden change in the mind set of Diplomats and Hug each other?? Brother, Land is a bigger game, do you really think I and you cannot be friends? Do I have anything personal with you or do u have anything to me?? Isnt it all a comedy when you go to sleep...

Yes if enough of us stand up and be counted. No average pakistani indian or chinese wants war. we need to sort out corrupt people who dont care.

whoever is arguing the uselessness of stealth bombers solely because we have BM/CMs can be considered school kids only.
Stealth Bombers give an altogether different dimension to waging war. It can bring civilian governments to knees with even limited strikes and the psychological effect it has on enemy moral cannot be measured with $$$. Also, strategic bombers need not necessarily use nuclear option only.

The only reason for not employing it is because it is too damn expensive even for major economies like India/China/US/Russia.
We need it thats for sure. It is just not the immediate priority of GoI and rightly so.

again another person who understands! a 290km supersonic cruise missile which is really only good for anti ship warfare does not have S**T on a stealth bomber

My beloved friend this is "war", 'you cannot win your enemy until you kill your enemy'(nice lines though)... If USA would have thought about the casaulty projections of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings, we would still have been fighting the world war 2 till now... everything is fare in war and anything possible..

LOL but Japan was not a nuke power in ww2 the reason why I made that statement is that we can turn a conventional war to a nuke war by such an action. Maybe not in the case of China but PAK definitely as they are loosing advantage in conventional warfare.

Back
Top Bottom