What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

No Need bro. We will have Tactical BM like Prahar. It will work in same way, Indeed much better way. 1,00's Missiles @ Same time and will hit the strategic asset in range of 150 KM within 250 Seconds only with +/- 10 meter of deviation. Cruise Brahmos with Range 300 KM too. Bomber is not so crucial in war like scenario that also so close to border. It works when there is negligible resilient which is not the case. We need something which will be Unstoppable or Superior. Hope you understand the logic. May be Later, But our Priorities are different as of now and thankfully we are doing that only with complete strength. All Shipyard and Hal units are fully Busy.

yes but will Prahaar be used for surgical strike? attack on strategic or tactical targets? it has only range of 150km ^_^

what if a target is 3,000km away then? thats where tactical or strategic bombers come in :)

i am all for stealth bomber as it can expand our strategic interests from Asia to other places if need be ^_^ we can also hit our enemies hard and lethally without them even knowing!!!!

such a waste of money in now days scenario's , its the era or Gps and satlite guided Missiles with maximam pin point Accuracey.

First of all forget the BrahMos thing once and for all... The operational range of a BrahMos is a mere 290 km so it is practically 'insane' to say that our BrahMos can do "this and that" and virtually take the place of a stealth bomber.. BrahMos is a supersonic missile best suitable for close air combat, or anti ship combat or close distance surface to surface combat so you CANNOT compare it with an Bomber aircraft at first... as far as the subsonic missile is concerned they are more target specefic and do relatively less area damage as compared to any bomber("which can convert any urban city into ruins") so for heaven's sake stop boasting our BM's(i am not telling its not good)...

that H-8 bomber? i thought it was just a myth
It is a myth until one fine morning all defense sites start reporting about it. China can and will build a stealth bomber and no surprises if its already on the drawing table or undergoing trails!!

please refrain from racial stereotypes i don't want troll war on thread causing it to be closed ^_^
SORRY but I just hate these guys don't know why do they underestimate us and think their PLA to be undefeatable.
Apologize+I+am+sorry.jpg

such a waste of money in now days scenario's , its the era or Gps and satlite guided Missiles with maximam pin point Accuracey.

Helpful in destroying troops and bunkers in less number of sorties when Major enemy Air defenses are destroyed in SEAD Missions

First of all forget the BrahMos thing once and for all... The operational range of a BrahMos is a mere 290 km so it is practically 'insane' to say that our BrahMos can do "this and that" and virtually take the place of a stealth bomber.. BrahMos is a supersonic missile best suitable for close air combat, or anti ship combat or close distance surface to surface combat so you CANNOT compare it with an Bomber aircraft at first... as far as the subsonic missile is concerned they are more target specefic and do relatively less area damage as compared to any bomber("which can convert any urban city into ruins") so for heaven's sake stop boasting our BM's(i am not telling its not good)...

finally someone who gets it! bombers are meant to obliterate targets and in our case that would be enemy terror camps, high value target locations, missile bases, nuclear weapons storage facilities, uranium and plutonium production plants etc all those kind of things!

Brahmos imo is only good for littoral warfare it is good for the anti ship role but the land attack role is really stupid and the air launch role is not bad if we are talking about naval fighter using it to sink enemy ship the Nirbhay LRCM and the other hypersonic long range cruise missile projects we have will be good for all 3 roles! but we need a low flying subsonic stealthy land attack missile which Nirbhay will complete

still 1 Nirbhay won't be as good as a stealth strategic bomber armed to the teeth with 300,000lbs of dumb bombs smart bombs JDAM's stand off weapons etc

Back
Top Bottom