What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

I am not sure. May be or may be not. Difficult to say as of now.

But trust me after 2020, We won't even think of adding such strategic bomber. I can understand your reason why you want to have such bomber. But trust me, It's not needed. Pakistan is very near to our border (500KM). May be we can buy 1-2 squadron of Tupolev series. That's it. Once 800-1,000 modern fighter Jets will be included, It will complete our requirement. We will have thousand of Tactical BM which will support IAF too. Those who are sitting in R.K.Puram has few of the best brain in India. So, Relax!!

:cheers:

we could always reverse engineer AMCA to become a heavy strategic bomber like the FB-22 is derived from the F-22

having a strategic bomber means you have an asset that can destroy an enemies war making capability, adding on the amount of ordinance whether it be JDAMs stand off weapons, LGBs, dumb bombs, etc strategic bombers can carry is just crazy stealth bombers would be a good asset for us in case another 26/11 happens where we would need to conduct surgical strikes but the risk of losing pilots or aircraft to enemy fire is reduced

but then again tactical bombing can still wipe out enemy terror camps maybe even destroy missile bases but strategic bombers are the ones that deliver the real punch

a JV with Israel is always there

Russian economy is not that strong to support a project like this and not even indian. I still don't understand why do we need a bomber when a plane like FGFA can do the task easilly.:meeting:

We don't need. That's what i said all the time. Buying is done as per requirement not as per availability.

English dude english i am not so good with punjabi. Now comming on content you are saying 10-15 bomber as if we just need to buy it lol please do count the developmental cost of such a plane. And BTW kal jab hum bomber kharedenge toh aap kahoge ki aab udantashtari bhi kharedo:P

Sorry sir I am not so good with this all strategic and tactical bombing stuff but can't we do it by using brahmos easily and far more effectively.:what:

nah i was talking to that dude not you :P

well my point is heaving a stealth bomber would be a tremendous force multiplier against countries like China, oh Tactical bombing is the aerial bombing aimed at targets of immediate military value, such as troops, military installations or equipment

strategic bombing is different attacking enemy's cities and factories to debilitate the enemy's capacity to wage war, the enemy's future military production, as well as the civilian population's will to continue the war, destroying enemy missile bases, nuclear weapons storage facilities, uranium or plutonium production plants for nuclear weapons etc

That is not reverse engg ..... since AMCA is an Indian project

well what i mean is we could heavily modify the AMCA to become a strategic or tactical stealth bomber like americans turned the F-22 into a stealth bomber by modifying it into a FB-22

I am all up for India getting a stealth bomber. You just never know when you might be needing them.

We don't need. That's what i said all the time. Buying is done as per requirement not as per availability.
Yeah sir can't agree more as per effective strategic bombing -there are only three ways to do it via bombers, cruise missiles , and nukes.
It is bassically done to destroy the moral of the enemy forces by attacking their civillian establishments and since both of our main adversaries are nuke power this kind of step will be extremly stuipid.

nah i was talking to that dude not you :P

well my point is heaving a stealth bomber would be a tremendous force multiplier against countries like China, oh Tactical bombing is the aerial bombing aimed at targets of immediate military value, such as troops, military installations or equipment

strategic bombing is different attacking enemy's cities and factories to debilitate the enemy's capacity to wage war, the enemy's future military production, as well as the civilian population's will to continue the war, destroying enemy missile bases, nuclear weapons storage facilities, uranium or plutonium production plants for nuclear weapons etc
Thanks for telling me about strategic bombing I just googled it and fond some data , but I think it will be better to use cruise missiles for this purpose likev our upcoming Nirbhay and brahmos for high value targets.

I dont care if we need it or not...but if u ask me I'd say go for it.
Reason is simple. Whatever we buy one of our little adversaries buy it and cry arms race. Lets make them also buy one and exploit their already fragile economy!! :devil:

Thanks for telling me about strategic bombing I just googled it and fond some data , but I think it will be better to use cruise missiles for this purpose likev our upcoming Nirbhay and brahmos for high value targets.

well yeah but remember Brahmos has only range of 290km its range acts against it however Nirbhay has a range of 1,000km and i believe it will be launched from both land sea and air but Nirbhay will be test fired only next year and idk how many test launches it requires before being declared operational

and as for targets that are more than 1,000km away then we are at disadvantage thats where strategic bombers come in :)

we could always reverse engineer AMCA to become a heavy strategic bomber like the FB-22 is derived from the F-22

having a strategic bomber means you have an asset that can destroy an enemies war making capability, adding on the amount of ordinance whether it be JDAMs stand off weapons, LGBs, dumb bombs, etc strategic bombers can carry is just crazy stealth bombers would be a good asset for us in case another 26/11 happens where we would need to conduct surgical strikes but the risk of losing pilots or aircraft to enemy fire is reduced

but then again tactical bombing can still wipe out enemy terror camps maybe even destroy missile bases but strategic bombers are the ones that deliver the real punch

a JV with Israel is always there

No Need bro. We will have Tactical BM like Prahar. It will work in same way, Indeed much better way. 1,00's Missiles @ Same time and will hit the strategic asset in range of 150 KM within 250 Seconds only with +/- 10 meter of deviation. Cruise Brahmos with Range 300 KM too. Bomber is not so crucial in war like scenario that also so close to border. It works when there is negligible resilient which is not the case. We need something which will be Unstoppable or Superior. Hope you understand the logic. May be Later, But our Priorities are different as of now and thankfully we are doing that only with complete strength. All Shipyard and Hal units are fully Busy.

I dont care if we need it or not...but if u ask me I'd say go for it.
Reason is simple. Whatever we buy one of our little adversaries buy it and cry arms race. Lets make them also buy one and exploit their already fragile economy!! :devil:
PAK economy definitely but what about Chiniese economy:azn:

Great ! it looks like chinkies wants their a$%$ to be kicked very hard in an upcomming war (which is not for concidering people like you).:chilli:

please refrain from racial stereotypes i don't want troll war on thread causing it to be closed ^_^

Back
Top Bottom