What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

yeti we need some bomber the advance one

not a bad idea if we work with isreal and france

guys may be a secret project under developmental

For what we need a bomber? for Pakistan?? which is down the road from India, PAK-FA can do the job alongside the MRCA in hitting targets there but okay if you talk about China which has cities far from Indian borders maybe a stealth bomber can be of use but the cost factor would outweigh the benefits. Also remember stealth bombers are not invincible as proved in Serbia it is better to work on AMCA and laser technology then spend money on such a bomber which is limited in our defence needs.

For what we need a bomber? for Pakistan?? which is down the road from India, PAK-FA can do the job alongside the MRCA in hitting targets there but okay if you talk about China which has cities far from Indian borders maybe a stealth bomber can be of use but the cost factor would outweigh the benefits. Also remember stealth bombers are not invincible as proved in Serbia it is better to work on AMCA and laser technology then spend money on such a bomber which is limited in our defence needs.

obviously not we don't need it for Pakistan and against china may be. But we need it simply the way we need a nuclear weapon.

then again in times of war stealth bombers can obliterate enemy missile bases and nuclear weapons production plants, as well as terror training camps and high value terror targets

if you ask me we need stealth strategic bombers yes stealth fighters can do the same job in our region but those are fighter jets which cannot carry a lot of ordinance like a bomber can strategic bombers are designed to carpet bomb enemy strategic locations e.g missiles bases/nuke warhead storage places, tank formations, etc

we should consider a JV with Israel because a stealth bomber would help us both considering the fact we are both surrounded by enemy nations

What India needs is to be decided by Baba Amrika. Example: Scrap MMRCA, buy F-35!!!

Teddy tiger we know very well what we need and it's also in process. America is Baba for you and people like you who have same level of think and ideology we don't treat them like a Baba and here you talking about MMRCA is scrap really, what a great knowledge you have we can only imagine after this statement even if it's scrap you can't afford it or invest in this type of project.

then again in times of war stealth bombers can obliterate enemy missile bases and nuclear weapons production plants, as well as terror training camps and high value terror targets

if you ask me we need stealth strategic bombers yes stealth fighters can do the same job in our region but those are fighter jets which cannot carry a lot of ordinance like a bomber can strategic bombers are designed to carpet bomb enemy strategic locations e.g missiles bases/nuke warhead storage places, tank formations, etc

we should consider a JV with Israel because a stealth bomber would help us both considering the fact we are both surrounded by enemy nations

That can be done By Sukhoi 30 MKI with Brahmos / Novator K-100 from 300KM range (without going into other territory). Brahmos will be unstoppable with only 200 Seconds in hand. Astra with Mach Speed 4+ will cover 100Km in less than a minute.

Strategic bomber is needed when you need to Bombard a huge area which is very far away. Like US bombarded in Vietnam.

I personally think, we don't need. We should buy 40-80 MKI more with Air variant Brahmos/Nirbhay. 350 MKI with Astra, Brahmos, Novator would be more than enough even in 2 Front War. Even I am not adding other capable jets with more or less with similar capabilities like Rafale/Typhoon/MIG29/Mirage M2k/Tejas.

since the AMCA is a Medium weight stealth fighter (weight 20-25 tons) i'm guessing it should have a Max take off weight of some where between 50,000-70,000 lbs maybe we could reverse engineer it and turn it into a stealth bomber like the Americans are doing with the FB-22

Lockheed_Martin_FB-22_line_drawing.gif

IMO a decent strategic bomber needs a MTOW of at least 300,000 lbs

We will Buy PAK DA (most advance next Generation Stelath strategic Bomber) directly if we will need. Before that we will have good experience on PAK FA / FGFA till 2025-2030. Although, I steel feel No Needed. I am just posting for the sake of PAK DA.

4.jpg

10%2B-%2BPAK%2BDA%2Bor%2BPAK-DA%2Bnext%2Bgeneration%2Bstrategic%2Bbomber.jpg

That can be done By Sukhoi 30 MKI with Brahmos / Novator K-100 from 300KM range (without going into other territory). Brahmos will be unstoppable with only 200 Seconds in hand.

Strategic bomber is needed when you need to Bombard a huge area which is very far away. Like US Bomber into Vietnam.

I personally think, we don't need. We should buy 40-80 MKI more with Air variant Brahmos/Nirbhay. 350 MKI with Astra, Brahmos, Novator would be more than enough even in 2 Front War. Even I am not adding other capable jets with more or less with similar capabilities like Rafale/Typhoon/MIG29/Mirage M2k.

bro... the SU-30MKI has a RCS of 20m2 an enemy with a decent medium power radar would see it coming from miles away Brahmos range is only 290km unless you move the missile really close to your target there is no point adding on the Brahmos would need a heavy HE warhead to destroy enemy missile bases, K-100 is a AAM,

Strategic bombers can be used regionally as well the point of strategic bombing is to destroy strategic objects e.g air bases, radar stations, mechanized forces, cities, etc of your enemy pending on where your enemy is whether it is 10,000km away or 500km away stealth bombers are force multipliers, the US could send a B-2 over every continent and it wouldn't be shot down imagine the capability we would get with a stealth bomber, imagine if we had a stealth bomber we could destroy enemy terror training camps and missile bases or even launch surgical strikes without losing a fighter to enemy fire or losing a pilot

MKI and its ugly RCS conducting strikes deep in enemy territory? yeah RIP to the 2 pilots who have to go on that mission,

fighter jets are limited to what they can carry even heavy fighter jets like the MKI can only take off with 80,000lbs as its most where as strategic bombers can take off with 300,000+ pounds imagine the damage that would cause

We will Buy PAK DA (1st 5th Generation Stelath strategic Bomber) directly if we needed. Before that we will have good experience on PAK FA / FGFA till 2025. Although, I steel feel No Needed. I am just posting for the sake of PAK DA.

4.jpg

10%2B-%2BPAK%2BDA%2Bor%2BPAK-DA%2Bnext%2Bgeneration%2Bstrategic%2Bbomber.jpg

you think the Russians would sell this to us? i'd think we'd be better off in a JV with Russia or Israel maybe even france if they are willing to (most likely)

ohh bhrava ..ethe roti khan nu paise ne haige ....tun 2 billion da bumber kharidhan nu firda .........

ohhh acha appa $10 billion dollar+ 126+ fighter jet vaste paisa karch sate pur 10-15 stealth bomber vaste nay karch sate? eh gaal ki ya? CONgress vaste na vote kar fer tonu roti melogi shaid decent living condition vhi mil sata yera BJP 2014 se power agya

you think the Russians would sell this to us? i'd think we'd be better off in a JV with Russia or Israel maybe even france if they are willing to (most likely)
Russian economy is not that strong to support a project like this and not even indian. I still don't understand why do we need a bomber when a plane like FGFA can do the task easilly.:meeting:

I am not sure. May be or may be not. Difficult to say as of now.

But trust me after 2020, We won't even think of adding such strategic bomber. I can understand your reason why you want to have such bomber. But trust me, It's not needed. Pakistan is very near to our border (500KM). May be we can buy 1-2 squadron of Tupolev series. That's it. Once 800-1,000 modern fighter Jets will be included, It will complete our requirement. We will have thousand of Tactical BM which will support IAF too. Those who are sitting in R.K.Puram has few of the best brain in India. So, Relax!!

:cheers:

Russian economy is not that strong to support a project like this and not even indian. I still don't understand why do we need a bomber when a plane like FGFA can do the task easilly.:meeting:

like i said above Stealth fighters like the FGFA can avoid radar but they cannot take the amount of ordinance a strategic bomber can the FGFA MTOW is 81,000lbs compare that to the 300,000lbs+ with the B-2

i will agree heavy stealth fighters like the FGFA can conduct tactical bombings but not strategic bombings

ohhh acha appa $10 billion dollar+ 126+ fighter jet vaste paisa karch sate pur 10-15 stealth bomber vaste nay karch sate? eh gaal ki ya? CONgress vaste na vote kar fer tonu roti melogi shaid decent living condition vhi mil sata yera BJP 2014 se power agya
English dude english i am not so good with punjabi. Now comming on content you are saying 10-15 bomber as if we just need to buy it lol please do count the developmental cost of such a plane. And BTW kal jab hum bomber kharedenge toh aap kahoge ki aab udantashtari bhi kharedo:P

like i said above Stealth fighters like the FGFA can avoid radar but they cannot take the amount of ordinance a strategic bomber can the FGFA MTOW is 81,000lbs compare that to the 300,000lbs+ with the B-2

i will agree heavy stealth fighters like the FGFA can conduct tactical bombings but not strategic bombings
Sorry sir I am not so good with this all strategic and tactical bombing stuff but can't we do it by using brahmos easily and far more effectively.:what:

Back
Top Bottom