What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

okay so we can spend over 10 billion dollars for 126+ fighter jets but we can't afford to field 10 stealth bombers? if Russia exports its PAK DA we need to get it

Dontchu guys anything else to discuss which is feasible and reality.. why would India want stealth bomber ?when its advesaries living next door..I request to mods to close these types of thread ..
The neighbours are next door.
Its a bit of funny thing.
So what?
1.China is next door and even Agni3 cant reach full China.
2.So there is equal chance of our assets to be destroyed by next doors.

stealth bombers.... huh..?
there is no urgency for spending money now it self.... let the PAK-FA and FGFA completes..... then from the same technology either we can make with ofcourse russian partneship..... or we can buy if anybody want to sell us...

usa has b-1,b-2 and b-52 bombers
russia have su-34 and tu-160m and pakda is under development
china have h-6k latest version and Xian h-8 copy of b-2 under development
only possible bomber available to india is su-34

Su34 can be better called as strike aircraft rather than bomber.

you forget Russia has TU-95 bombers in reserve and some that are in active service

H-8 so far is a myth a lot of internet speculation but nothing solid as is most information about Chinese defense projects

SU-34 is really a strike fighter comparable to the US F-15E strike eagle

get back to topic bro

The neighbours are next door.
Its a bit of funny thing.
So what?
1.China is next door and even Agni3 cant reach full China.
2.So there is equal chance of our assets to be destroyed by next doors.

plus we could hit the enemy hard without them even knowing destroy strategic or tactical value targets which we could really use

1.India's Cold Start I&II is said to last only for 45 days. Pakistan's Riposte will exhaust in 20 days. These are figures given out by political leaders, and there is no reason to doubt these. Where would a stealth bomber fit into this?

2. In today's amazing world, wars appear to be limited in time and space ending without success for either contestant. Victory in true sense go to those that profit from the death and destruction.

1.India's Cold Start I&II is said to last only for 45 days. Pakistan's Riposte will exhaust in 20 days. These are figures given out by political leaders, and there is no reason to doubt these. Where would a stealth bomber fit into this?

2. In today's amazing world, wars appear to be limited in time and space ending without success for either contestant. Victory in true sense go to those that profit from the death and destruction.

having the ability to carpet bomb your enemies without them knowing has a tremendous psychological effect

You're counting the number of days rather than scope of destruction and the bleeding that can be caused. That's not the right approach. But yeah, I don't think bombers fit into modern doctrine when a rain of BrahMos can do better job without risking the bomber crew's lives.

Don't tell me your reference is to "US losing WOT" again. :woot:

Just because Taliban and AQ are able to deny and quell the reality from leaking, doesn't mean that they have won. In fact, Taliban are being blasted by drones and is what they fear and through their contacts in military, are influencing the media to sway public opinion desperately in their favor. Too bad it isn't working.

Now coming to the point, Actually wars can be decisive. Today it is not about who stands till last man but who blinks first. The one who does, loses automatically.

First of all forget the BrahMos thing once and for all... The operational range of a BrahMos is a mere 290 km so it is practically 'insane' to say that our BrahMos can do "this and that" and virtually take the place of a stealth bomber.. BrahMos is a supersonic missile best suitable for close air combat, or anti ship combat or close distance surface to surface combat so you CANNOT compare it with an Bomber aircraft at first... as far as the subsonic missile is concerned they are more target specefic and do relatively less area damage as compared to any bomber("which can convert any urban city into ruins") so for heaven's sake stop boasting our BM's(i am not telling its not good)...

i mean seriously thank you

how can 1 of these

Brahmos_imds.jpg

do more damage than just one of these?

B-2_spirit_bombing.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom