What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

1.Of course, wars can be decisive, BUT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE. If one side is totally overpowered then there remains no adversary/enemy. Then who do I sell arms to? Who do I play music to dance? Who do I dish out loans for unnecessary projects - to ruin his economy?

2. Don't you see the game? Generals and leaders of both the nations are tuned/trained/conditioned to fight WITH A VIEW TO GETTING A CEASE-FIRE.

even though its not stealth,can't we consider this for the long range bomber catagory?

Sukhoi Su-34

300px-Russian_Air_Force_Su-34.jpg

has 4000 km range,pilots sits side by side.
it has the facilities for the pilots to stand,cook food and to sleep.

even though its not stealth,can't we consider this for the long range bomber catagory?

Sukhoi Su-34

300px-Russian_Air_Force_Su-34.jpg

has 4000 km range,pilots sits side by side.
it has the facilities for the pilots to stand,cook food and to sleep.

thats really more of a strike fighter than an actual bomber kinda like the F-15E strike eagle and the SU-34 would be used as a tactical bomber, once when FGFA/PAKFA enter active service the SU-30MKI will become our primary strike fighter in other words our dedicated tactical bomber

1.Of course, wars can be decisive, BUT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO BE. If one side is totally overpowered then there remains no adversary/enemy. Then who do I sell arms to? Who do I play music to dance? Who do I dish out loans for unnecessary projects - to ruin his economy?

2. Don't you see the game? Generals and leaders of both the nations are tuned/trained/conditioned to fight WITH A VIEW TO GETTING A CEASE-FIRE.

Your Post is confusing as usual. Be Clear.

A Country becomes Strong then most of the misadventures/threat will be reduced.

thats really more of a strike fighter than an actual bomber kinda like the F-15E strike eagle and the SU-34 would be used as a tactical bomber, once when FGFA/PAKFA enter active service the SU-30MKI will become our primary strike fighter in other words our dedicated tactical bomber

india might be having the tu 22m but its very questionable it may not be under the af but the statergic command
you are fully correct it is su34 fullback a ground attack aircraft not a bomber derived from su27
First flown in 1990, this aircraft was originally designated the Su-27IB. In 1995 a pre-production aircraft, designated as the Su-32, was revealed. Development was slow due to limited funding. Until 2004 a total of 8 pre-production aircraft were built for trials and evaluation. Recently Russian Air Force has adopted the Su-34 designation. To date only two Fullbacks were delivered to Russian Air Force and 22 more are planned to enter service with bomber squadrons until 2010. It was stated that total Russia's requirement is for 200 interdictors of new type. Upgrade programmes continue for surviving Russian Su-24s to extend their service lives. The Su-34 is also proposed for export customers, however it received no orders to date.
su34_fullback_l9.jpg

any country for india's size surely need strategic bomber,cos you never know if you will fight with far away countries like U.S,Russia or Europe someday,i bet IAF has been dreaming such a deadly weapon for a long time,the question is when india have ability to build one

What about this can we write this off !!

159430930.jpg

The Indian Navy acquired a strategic manned airborne dimension with the entry of Tupolev Tu-142M “Bear-F” Long Range Maritime Patrol/Anti-Submarine Warfare (LRMP/ASW) platforms in 1988. Powered by four KKBM Kuznetsov NK-12MV turboprops (each rated at 11,033-KW or 14,795-shp), with eight-blade contra-rotating reversible-pitch Type AV-60N propellers, the Tu-142M boasted a “near-conventional jet speed” of around 500-knots while still encompassing the whole Indian Ocean region from bases in South & Central India (INS Rajali and INS Hansa being more prominent) on internal fuel alone. Still an In-Flight Refuelling (IFR) probe is fitted above the nose and presently can summon the Indian Air Force (IAF) Agra-based Illyushin Il-78MKI IFR tankers of No.78 “Battle Cry” Squadron if situations arise.

any country for india's size surely need strategic bomber,cos you never know if you will fight with far away countries like U.S,Russia or Europe someday,i bet IAF has been dreaming such a deadly weapon for a long time,the question is when india have ability to build one

You talk of ability as some kind of congenital trait. Competence is achieved through hard work and lots of funding. Every one knows how hard working most asians are. So the real question is about funding. And when we do we will end up making one within 10-15 years of dedicated effort.

why not go in a JV with Russia on the PAK DA?

we would only need 10-20 of these stealth bomber (if we ever get them)

why not go in a JV with Russia on the PAK DA?

we would only need 10-20 of these stealth bomber (if we ever get them)

IMO the JV for pakfa is not yet defined properly. AFAIK russia aint gonna share their core expertise with drdo and vice-versa. Only the end products will be shared and put togather to come up with the finished product. I am highly apprehensive if India can gain much know how regarding engines and stealth frames etc. And how much money each side is pulling in for the project is also a secret !!
India claims to invest $35bn but they have not come up with any detailed road map as to which stage would require how much money etc. Heck no one is sure as to how much responsibility each party have in each stage of development.
Lastly, if the press releases of sukhoi design bureau are to go by, it seems they have no realistic demands in terms of deadlines and quality from the indian side at all.

In light of above observations, I don't think any significant gains would be coming out of a JV on PAKDA project.

ps. The points I raised may or may not be true. Can some one put some more light on the above mentioned matters regarding pakfa.

IMO the JV for pakfa is not yet defined properly. AFAIK russia aint gonna share their core expertise with drdo and vice-versa. Only the end products will be shared and put togather to come up with the finished product. I am highly apprehensive if India can gain much know how regarding engines and stealth frames etc. And how much money each side is pulling in for the project is also a secret !!
India claims to invest $35bn but they have not come up with any detailed road map as to which stage would require how much money etc. Heck no one is sure as to how much responsibility each party have in each stage of development.
Lastly, if the press releases of sukhoi design bureau are to go by, it seems they have no realistic demands in terms of deadlines and quality from the indian side at all.

In light of above observations, I don't think any significant gains would be coming out of a JV on PAKDA project.

ps. The points I raised may or may not be true. Can some one put some more light on the above mentioned matters regarding pakfa.

I do agree with you, road map for ToT of PAK-FA is not clear.. Even I don't think that they will share Engine info...

You cannot add 300 km 5000 times though to increase its Range...
Also u cant use 1 b2 to bomb 5000 bombs of 250kg payload
that hit with supersonic speeds.
Destroy the enemy completely with in 300kms range thats more than enough than destroying few targets far away. By the way we have agnis to nuke far targets.

Back
Top Bottom