What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

Also u cant use 1 b2 to bomb 5000 bombs of 250kg payload
that hit with supersonic speeds.
Destroy the enemy completely with in 300kms range thats more than enough than destroying few targets far away. By the way we have agnis to nuke far targets.

400kg explosive filling in a MK84 bomb i believe

and B-2 fly at subsonic speed with non-afterburning turbofans f they break the sound barrier they would compromise there stealth and easily be detected on radar

400kg explosive filling in a MK84 bomb i believe

and B-2 fly at subsonic speed with non-afterburning turbofans f they break the sound barrier they would compromise there stealth and easily be detected on radar
Remember b2 depends on straight forward bombs rather than cruise missiles. So it can be detected easily at 30km which can be easily tracked and shot by SAM as it is subsonic. Remember f117 incident!!!
So a sheer waste. Instead i would like to go for Su54(Like su34 of su30 series) stealth strike fighter/nuke cruise missile capable and even that has more range.

Remember b2 depends on straight forward bombs rather than cruise missiles. So it can be detected easily at 30km which can be easily tracked and shot by SAM as it is subsonic. Remember f117 incident!!!
So a sheer waste. Instead i would like to go for Su54(Like su34 of su30 series) stealth strike fighter/nuke cruise missile capable and even that has more range.

Exactly
Bombers are useful when for destroying military factories and armored troops when all major SAM sites are destroyed in SEAD Missions

Exactly
Bombers are useful when for destroying military factories and armored troops when all major SAM sites are destroyed in SEAD Missions

which is why the first air force planes to go into Bosnia and Libya were B-2 spirit bombers?

the F-117 was a baby stealth aircraft that technology has since progressed today that technology would be considered obsolete as even the Eurofighter is stealthy but does not use that 1970's premature stealth technology

b2 bomber type planes are waste for the iaf they are planing for uav to do the bombing and all (some high flying stealth type ) also our armed forces are concentrating on swift action quick punishment type of war they don't want long range bombers who they will bomb we are never going to war against usa and russia so we want pinpoint accurate bombing not carpet bombing also these ground attack planes are now history see how country like russia suffered losses of there su25 frogfoot in geogia war there are advanced sams all around, though i like the mig 25 its a promising plane i don't know why we retired them we could have changed there vulnerable engines

b2 bomber type planes are waste for the iaf they are planing for uav to do the bombing and all (some high flying stealth type ) also our armed forces are concentrating on swift action quick punishment type of war they don't want long range bombers who they will bomb we are never going to war against usa and russia so we want pinpoint accurate bombing not carpet bombing also these ground attack planes are now history see how country like russia suffered losses of there su25 frogfoot in geogia war there are advanced sams all around, though i like the mig 25 its a promising plane i don't know why we retired them we could have changed there vulnerable engines

MiG-25 was a high altitude interceptor/recon plane meant to counter the SR-71 black bird

Let me be clear with this topic, If there is anything which India dosent need is our present bureaucrats and diplomats, everything else is well within needs.

the supreme court has taken over and is trying to do the job the gov't should be doing

@topic if we can spend over 10 billion dollars on fighter jets why not for 10 stealth bombers?

Let me be clear with this topic, If there is anything which India dosent need is our present bureaucrats and diplomats, everything else is well within needs.

the supreme court has taken over and is trying to do the job the gov't should be doing

@topic if we can spend over 10 billion dollars on fighter jets why not for 10 stealth bombers?

i want to know what is the difference between the stealth of the B-2 and PAK FA . please post logical answers.

i want to know what is the difference between the stealth of the B-2 and PAK FA . please post logical answers.

Not a expert but how can u differntiate the stealth of two planes in different category especially when one is not inducted.
BTW PAKFA should be more stealthy as it is smaller in size and made to operate under the threat of radars and sams while b2 kind of planes operate when a complete air superiority is gained.

Exactly

which is why the first air force planes to go into Bosnia and Libya were B-2 spirit bombers?

the F-117 was a baby stealth aircraft that technology has since progressed today that technology would be considered obsolete as even the Eurofighter is stealthy but does not use that 1970's premature stealth technology
Our dear friends are not libiya and iraq so that we can use b2 against them.

Very well said and adding to it we can buy/purchase 20 drones for the the cost of one bomber and without risking the valuable lives of our pilots .

Not a expert but how can u differntiate the stealth of two planes in different category especially when one is not inducted.
BTW PAKFA should be more stealthy as it is smaller in size and made to operate under the threat of radars and sams while b2 kind of planes operate when a complete air superiority is gained.

lets keep it to bomber capability
on the basis of shape, size, color, speed, weapon delivers system, exhaust.
no, since we are bringing Pak Fa and other stealth fighters in comparison with B-2. So i thought why not to compare the signature on radar.. I am just talking about stealth with respect to above mentioned criteria.

Back
Top Bottom