What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

lets keep it to bomber capability
on the basis of shape, size, color, speed, weapon delivers system, exhaust.
no, since we are bringing Pak Fa and other stealth fighters in comparison with B-2. So i thought why not to compare the signature on radar.. I am just talking about stealth with respect to above mentioned criteria.
Look I am not an expert but on one thing I am damn sure that looking at the gigantic size of B2 no matter how much tech we put into that plane it will still going to have a more rcs than pakfa.
stealth-bomber-4.jpg

one more thing though weapon load of B2 is much more and its delivery systems (for ground targets )are more advanced but still if enemies gets it's location its a dead meat so in my opinion it will be better to go for a stealth drone.

Look I am not an expert but on one thing I am damn sure that looking at the gigantic size of B2 no matter how much tech we put into that plane it will still going to have a more rcs than pakfa.
stealth-bomber-4.jpg

one more thing though weapon load of B2 is much more and its delivery systems (for ground targets )are more advanced but still if enemies gets it's location its a dead meat so in my opinion it will be better to go for a stealth drone.

the RCS of the B-2 is the lowest of any aircraft to date it was the only aircraft that became successfully "invisible to radar"

Situation Awareness

MiG-25 was a high altitude interceptor/recon plane meant to counter the SR-71 black bird
YEP i knew this will come to your minds but see the plane has a height adv and 16000 kg of payload with fuel of course and 1700 km range with internal fuel it have a great potential to be a bomber look at the tu 22m you may get many similarities although its very big
very less countries could afford large bomber fleets as su34 has to be derived from su27 family

the supreme court has taken over and is trying to do the job the gov't should be doing

@topic if we can spend over 10 billion dollars on fighter jets why not for 10 stealth bombers?

but sir only one b2 spirit costs 2.13 billon dollars at 97 dollar rate its good only for countries with large intercontinental aspirations not for us for time being let india grow time will also come for us

stealth-bomber-4.jpg

i think it needs a lot of research to find out the RCS of both the aircrafts. PakFa will be stealthier even at supersonic flight so may be it gives some sort of info that its RCS will be lower than B2 at normal cruising speeds.

drone are always the best way to bombard or even to intercept incoming hostile aircrafts at BVR but its a different technology

i think it needs a lot of research to find out the RCS of both the aircrafts. PakFa will be stealthier even at supersonic flight so may be it gives some sort of info that its RCS will be lower than B2 at normal cruising speeds.

drone are always the best way to bombard or even to intercept incoming hostile aircrafts at BVR but its a different technology

i don't think it is like that b2 is a dedicated stealth bomber size does't matter much in radar the point being the angles for radar wave reflection being a rudderless tailless flying wing concept it has a inherited stealth also being so heavy with 4 engines it can have much ram coating too which is virtually impossible for any fighter

Your Post is confusing as usual. Be Clear.

A Country becomes Strong then most of the misadventures/threat will be reduced.

"The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets."—John D. Rockefeller

If there is a decisive outcome either way, then there will be no cause for blood to flow next time. So Rockefeller making no money!

i don't think it is like that b2 is a dedicated stealth bomber size does't matter much in radar the point being the angles for radar wave reflection being a rudderless tailless flying wing concept it has a inherited stealth also being so heavy with 4 engines it can have much ram coating too which is virtually impossible for any fighter

even I think B2 is more stealthy but there are somethings like..

the design of B2 and the RAM makes it stealth but when it comes to speed It can't fly at supersonic speed because of the absence of afterburners to prevent the heat signature from exhaust. Where as Pak Fa will be stealth even at supersonic speed. Though outer frame its not made zig zag but you can still see some edges in the frame.
and F117 has a got non-split rudders(normal rudders)

the design of B2 and the RAM makes it stealth but when it comes to speed It can't fly at supersonic speed because of the absence of afterburners to prevent the heat signature from exhaust. Where as Pak Fa will be stealth even at supersonic speed. Though outer frame its not made zig zag but you can still see some edges in the frame.

The B-2 operates from a very high altitude.

but sir only one b2 spirit costs 2.13 billon dollars at 97 dollar rate its good only for countries with large intercontinental aspirations not for us for time being let india grow time will also come for us

true but still having the ability to hit your enemy with thousands of pounds of ordinance without them even knowing as a huge psychological effect on an enemy, e.g if the U.S wanted to they could bomb any part of Iran or North Korea without them knowing at all we don't have intercontinental targets but a stealth bomber can do the same amount of damage regionally

the reason the B-2 does not use afterburners is because if it broke the sound barrier with an after burner it would become visible on radar making its Infra Red signature go up A LOT when afterburner is used that would deeply compromise its stealth,

oh btw Stealth fighters like F-22 PAK FA J-20 etc would never use after burners on a stealth mission they would super cruise, because any enemy with a decent medium power radar would detect an aircraft who broke the sound barrier with an after burner because that would make the infra red signature go up thus making it visible on radar

Back
Top Bottom