What's new

Does India need a stealth bomber?

Listen mate i dont want to troll but people living in glass houses shouldnt throw stones is all i will say to you

I am sorry if you take it wrong i am just justifying the need for stealth bomber as a strategic deterance for not just pakistan also china:oops:
btw no troll just asking what do you mean by glass houses

stealth bombers can be used in surgical strikes for India or in attacks on strategic military bases, oil wells etc stuff like that

by all means India should get them at least then when another 26/11 happens we can hit back (without enemy even knowing) but we need a lot of cash and who will sell us stealth bombers the Russians? i doubt we would have the funds to develop one indigenously with everything else going on FGFA AMCA MMRCA LCA etc

I remember IAF has Tu-95. Isn't that a strategic bomber? Better than H-6 I think.
Anyone can post some pics?

I remember IAF has Tu-95. Isn't that a strategic bomber? Better than H-6 I think.
Anyone can post some pics?

Wrong,The IAF does not operate the Bear but the Indian Naval Air arm does(8 of them) and they are serving as Maritime reconnaissance and patrol aircrafts but they can also launch BRAHMOS supersonic Cruise Missiles:)
Images are in the Links:)
Indian Navy's Tu 142 (Tu 95's naval variant) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Tu-95 BEAR (TUPOLEV) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
w7bxqs.jpg

Why don't IAF buy more of this?
An AF without big bomber is not complete.
Bombers are not required for some regional airforces like India which have just two adversaries and both of them are within reach of most of our multi role fighters.If the requirements change then so will the equipments:)

still long range strike fighters like the SU-30MKI can only bring 80,000LBS of payload to an enemy with strategic bombers you have 200,000lbs+ to carpet bomb and blow an enemy to bits, Stealth bombers would be great for SEAD and for taking out high priority targets

Stealth fighter like PAK-FA with its range as well as pay load.... serve our purpose very well......

Stealth fighter like PAK-FA with its range as well as pay load.... serve our purpose very well......

80,000lbs against 300-400,000lbs PAKFA is a air superiority fighter with secondary strike capability, a strategic bomber is designed to carpet bomb hostile areas there is a difference

a military superpower has the entire showcase if ya know what i mean, e.g aircraft carrier, long range strategic bomber, modern fighter jets, modern and very capable surface combatants like stealth frigates and destroyers, modern submarines or nuclear powered submarines, advanced missiles SAM, BM, ABM, CM, etc

just a question though what are the chances of Russia letting us in on there stealth bomber project?

a military superpower has the entire showcase if ya know what i mean, e.g aircraft carrier, long range strategic bomber, modern fighter jets, modern and very capable surface combatants like stealth frigates and destroyers, modern submarines or nuclear powered submarines, advanced missiles SAM, BM, ABM, CM, etc

just a question though what are the chances of Russia letting us in on there stealth bomber project?

India would need to explain to Russia why it need a stealth bomber..

Back
Top Bottom