What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

There were also similar things said after Agni III was test launched first time, but such things have not happened. It's now 2012 and Agni V's RV is very similar size wise of what Agni III is armed with... certainly not 60% more compact.

Dummy RV is used to simulate weight and size of actual RV, here we see the dummy RV they used when Agni V was launched first time.
LeJ8P.jpg

Here is smutty picture of DF-31 RV, it's that white cone.
kOyhc.jpg

DF-31A is armed with smaller 300kt weapon (or perhaps three mirvs) and RV is covered with a shroud to protect it.
NbHYR.jpg

h0ghk.jpg

Sorry. I wanted to say that A 5 has compact payload and weight of payload structure has been reduced by 60%

This is clearly visible.

Agni 3
agni_30300f.jpg

Agni 5
agni5_180412a.jpg

Anantha Krishnan says that A 6 will have range of 6500 KM

PK Sengupta too has said that S 5 SSBN will carry 12 SLBMs with 6,500 KM range

It seems that A 6 will be our last BM with Intercontinental reach- for at least till 2030

Practically speaking we need a missile that can target any area on earth. However do we need it now? No.
We wait till we develop more economic heft - say 2020.

We need atleast 15000 to hit those damn penguins in antarctic.Period.

yes. we should have 16000km range. i think our missile technology improving day by day then other defence projects. thanks to Dr. A.P.J.kalam(FATHER OF INDIAN MISSILE TECHNOLOGY).

ya.we need it.so that we can strike any part of the world from any part of india.infact we need a missile of range 12000-15000km

The PRC propaganda agencies stated that the Agni V is really 8000km in range but was understated on purpose by India to keep a lower profile.

The PRC propaganda agencies stated that the Agni V is really 8000km in range but was understated on purpose by India to keep a lower profile.

PRC agencies? To my knowledge there was only one guy who said that Agni V has a potential to reach 8000km.

Back
Top Bottom