What's new

Does India need 8,000 Km Range missile?

No, we don't need it right now, we should focus on China.

The focus as always been China, that;s why we need it. I don;t even understand why this is a question. This should never be discussed openly for debate. Its a fact that increased range will give India more abilityto launch attacks from anywhere.....come on think logically

we definitely need a high range missile which is capable of targetting the farthest point in China and Pakistan from the southern most part of India...now tell me what should be the range ?? :azn:

Yes we need it. Infact Navy told the govt that they want it in 7000-8000 range. But govt. said to first induct 5000km range missle.
|
Option is open. R/D going on.

Yes we need it. Infact Navy told the govt that they want it in 7000-8000 range. But govt. said to first induct 5000km range missle.
|
Option is open. R/D going on.
I think India already in the form of Agni V has the required capability, however more than having a land based launch capability it really would make sense if we have that range on a submarine launched version..

Strategic depth and deterrence in no understated terms..

I think India already in the form of Agni V has the required capability, however more than having a land based launch capability it really would make sense if we have that range on a submarine launched version..

Strategic depth and deterrence in no understated terms..

Same is the navy also wants.
|
R/D is abt new high propulsion,wt reduction,compacting of internal electronics,etc.

Keeping it very simple......yes , infact i am all fine if drdo tomorrow drdo tells me that they are going for 15000 km range .

^^ then we will require 15,000 KM range ICBM

if we test missile with range more than 8,000 KM it will piss US and will result in lot sanctions

thus 8,000 KM range mark should not be crossed
Why afraid of USA get pissed off, you obey independant foreign policy...........sanctions will be imposed for sure!That's the reason why Russia dare rebut India's request for delay penalty, they will take control after that. India lacks of sub that can carry ballatic missile.

we definitely need a high range missile which is capable of targetting the farthest point in China and Pakistan from the southern most part of India...now tell me what should be the range ?? :azn:
Ive got to admit, friendship between China and India is not gonna be possible for the next 50 years. You still conceived lots of hates against China although 50 years past. You cant afford to lose, and never admit defeat.

Ive got to admit, friendship between China and India is not gonna be possible for the next 50 years. You still conceived lots of hates against China although 50 years past. You cant afford to lose, and never admit defeat.

Friendship will take time, but for what it is worth India has a NFU. Posters here can broaden their chest and do the thumping routine but India has admitted defeat and is planning against another.. we have to be careful in framing our policy too, good relations with China is mandatory for the stability of the whole region..

There is no stated range that we should acknowledge. Missile range in the long run will have benefits if we keep pushing it to the maximum. it will undoubtedly help in developing key tech and analyszing BMD response time. Land missiles are targets with big red dots for our enemies........have the ability to strike anywhere from any point in the world.....you gys keep making up this BS arguement about what the world will think......then point it is part of our survival strategy....unless we take these steps....nobody will pay us any heed nor will they defend us when the situations turns for the worse. The world has changed....it is all about self interest first and foremost.

India needs a missile with 40,000 KM range ( The circumference of earth is 40,000 KM)

This way India could Bomb itself.:D

The focus as always been China, that;s why we need it. I don;t even understand why this is a question. This should never be discussed openly for debate. Its a fact that increased range will give India more abilityto launch attacks from anywhere.....come on think logically

Maybe we go for 6000km but 8000km is not needed right now. It is not the time to raise unneccesary attention of west towards India since we don't have any threat from the west. We can wait for a decade to get our economy and strategic importance further stronger.

Back
Top Bottom