What's new

Documentary on Indian Navy's Killer Squadron that lit up Karachi in '71

Please.. stay on the high horse of BR ... we are not worthy of your presence here.

That's true! As soon as I think I contribute there, will join. I'm here to tell the truth, which seems to be making you angry. :D

even though the documentry had some kiddish scenes.,
it was excellent and informative.

Who would dare?
he was dismissed by Bhutto.. but nothing more.
In attacked PN whose chief was drunk..
PA whose Chief(and president of Pakistan) was drunk and sleeping around.
Only the PAF Chief showed character...and that reflects in the performance it gave

this my dear sir, is just a myth.

after the attacks, the PN chief desperately called the PAF chief asking for air support, to which he responded with a yawn
"My dear chap, losses happen. learn to deal with it".

after the attacks, the PN chief desperately called the PAF chief asking for air support, to which he responded with a yawn

Anything concrete to prove it?? Must say a revelation of its kind if true...

What you are saying is a myth.

What was the actual happening was the PAF chief telling the PN Chief the limitations of air power..
After which a F-86 det was asked to assist.. and on the directions of the PN.. ended up attacking a PN vessel.

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Anything concrete to prove it?? Must say a revelation of its kind if true...

Funny how such revelations happen on the other side of the border..
As fanboys like to say.. a grey matter flatulence.

What you are saying is a myth.

What was the actual happening was the PAF chief telling the PN Chief the limitations of air power..
After which a F-86 det was asked to assist.. and on the directions of the PN.. ended up attacking a PN vessel.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Didn't a pakistani civilian Plane found the presence of IN and later PAF didn't assist ?

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Didn't a pakistani civilian Plane found the presence of IN and later PAF didn't assist ?

The PAF was unable to assist due to operational limitations and this was stated clearly to the PN.
Only those that actually knew the limitations of the PAF inside the PN kept quiet.
Those who raised objections tried to save their ***** from the Hamood-ur-rehman commission.
Quite a few of these people had actually tried filing for sick leaves to avoid being at sea.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Bl[i]tZ;2630620 said:
That's true! As soon as I think I contribute there, will join. I'm here to tell the truth, which seems to be making you angry. :D

Its your truth.. and according to what I read of both sides..
You have been fed jingoistic BS.

The PAF was unable to assist due to operational limitations and this was stated clearly to the PN.
Only those that actually knew the limitations of the PAF inside the PN kept quiet.
Those who raised objections tried to save their ***** from the Hamood-ur-rehman commission.
Quite a few of these people had actually tried filing for sick leaves to avoid being at sea.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

Its your truth.. and according to what I read of both sides..
You have been fed jingoistic BS.

Oscar mate one more question .. even I heard at time of Kargil conflict many PN bosses took sick leaves .. I heard this from one very senior Pakistani friend , is that true ?

Oscar mate one more question .. even I heard at time of Kargil conflict many PN bosses took sick leaves .. I heard this from one very senior Pakistani friend , is that true ?

I was just watching Border and you just reminded me Mathura das

There should be a pakistani documentry on how the PAF kicked IAF’s *** badly in 1965 and 1971 and also our encounter with the israelis in 1974 lol you wont see the indians talk about this ;)

There should be a pakistani documentry on how the PAF kicked IAF’s *** badly in 1965 and 1971 and also our encounter with the israelis in 1974 lol you wont see the indians talk about this ;)

its offtopic,although i would want to shatter your views about 65;)

Very true..

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I suggest you both read mine and John Doe's discussion on the 71 air war..
both for a balanced view.. and as a demonstration on how discussions are conducted through mutual respect.

Leave it mate...they don't have courage to admit their defeat in 1971, rather they blame poor bangladeshis ppl, how they will digest 1965 story. They are telling us that we have navy day to celebrate "Diwali at Karachi", they have Victory day to celebrate "Operation Dwarka". The same operation which was termed by many of Pakistami army men as " nuisance raid or of little strategic value". FYI : There will be movie soon about Operation Neptune Spear- in which OBD got killed in Abbottabad, like see that ..

I personally feel 1965 war had no gainer for Pakistan, I still remember statement in Times -"Despite the declaration of a ceasefire, India was perceived as the victor due to its success in halting the Pakistan-backed insurgency in Kashmir.[108] In its October 1965 issue, the TIME magazine quoted a Western official assessing the consequences of the war[109] —
Now it's apparent to everybody that India is going to emerge as an Asian power in its own right."

Yeah that was moment India was looking after 1962, war set correct tone in Indian military establishment , they gained their lost confidence back and vision to build strong military for future. Even that war set stage for 1971 victory for us and period of political unrest in Pakistan.

Sometimes war is gift from enemy, 1965 war was gift from Pakistan to India where we gained a lot in short term and in long term.

Very true..

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

I suggest you both read mine and John Doe's discussion on the 71 air war..
both for a balanced view.. and as a demonstration on how discussions are conducted through mutual respect.

^^^^ link please

Back
Top Bottom