What's new

Documentary about India by NHK, I recommend them to Chinese members

well, as much as I respect your right of expressing your opinion, i believe there are someone else who'd like to see some other side of India that have not been revealed sufficiently. Please allow those people to have a chance to know. So it is not totally off topic. It is the shock of the reality I'd like to share with. I was really shocked when I saw the footage.
If you do not like it, you can skip my post. If you think it is not true, please prove me wrong.

I totaly understand, just be prepared to fend for youself and your beliefs when the online brawl happens. Because whatever claims you make you will be challenged but it's harder for other members to come to your rescue if you started it.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Thanks again. Would love to have some sort of speech translating software!

unfortunately I don't have 4 hrs continous time to spend right now, maybe someone elso can do a summary of the video.

well, as much as I respect your right of expressing your opinion, i believe there are someone else who'd like to see some other side of India that have not been revealed sufficiently. Please allow those people to have a chance to know. So it is not totally off topic. It is the shock of the reality I'd like to share with. I was really shocked when I saw the footage.
If you do not like it, you can skip my post. If you think it is not true, please prove me wrong.

First off I think you're wrong. There's lots of awareness in the West about India's bad side; slums, poverty, toilets etc. Since you're new here you should know that there are "some" (and I use the word generously) members here who take delight in mocking India's impoverished and post 13 suggested you were one of them. So if raising awareness was you sole intention, well so be it. Good for you.

Good documentery.

5000 people are accepted to IIT out of 300,000 applicants.

In contrast, Beida alone is 2646 accepted out of 20036, an acceptance rate 10x higher than IIT.

±±´óÀúÄê¼ȡÈËÊý_°Ù¶ÈÎÄ¿â

It is no wonder then that the IITs which concentrate the ultra high geniuses of India, are held in high regard. They are far more selective than even the top of the top elite Chinese universities.

This could also mean that there are more top notch institutions in China, than in India.

=====================================================
P.S: I think Chinese forumers should come up with some Chinese tests to detect these false flag trolls.

Trust me, everyone on this forum, know just about every side of India. You are quite late to join the party. And use a new thread from next time if you want to educate people about India.

This could also mean that there are more top notch institutions in China, than in India.

It could also mean that Indian institutions focus more upon efficiency/cost-cutting.

For example:
China: Lower the standards = accept more applicants = create more jobs.
India: Raise the standards = fewer get through = fewer employees + less money spent by the company = more profit for the company.

China's doctrine is more advantageous to the people whereas India's is more advantageous to the conglomerates.

Also I know that there's a lot of competition in India. I don't know about China.

This is all speculation of course.

It could also mean that Indian institutions focus more upon efficiency/cost-cutting.

For example:
India: Raise the standards = fewer get through = fewer employees + less money spent by the company = more profit for the company.

China's doctrine is more advantageous to the people whereas India's is more advantageous to the conglomerates.

Also I know that there's a lot of competition in India. I don't know about China.

Fair point, although last I heard they were increasing the number of IIT's? What India needs is to develop all other institutions on the lines of IITs. IMO IITians are what they not just cause they are really smart, but also cause of the way their institution moulds them. So if all other institutions are run on IIT model, even the average students can be turned in brilliant engineers?

I don't like any boss to command my freedom of speech. Watch your manner when you speak.

You forgot basic thing...U r from China...At China lot of restriction is there...even to speak and write.

So do as other Chinese comrade says.

Thanks,
-Shree

It is the balance of the opinion. People should learn all aspects of India including those that are hidden and down played. For my particular post, I do not wish people would risk cholera and all sorts of diseases going to India by just one side of knowledge.

Please forgive and forget India...Please don even think to come India.

Thanks,
-Shree

Fair point, although last I heard they were increasing the number of IIT's? What India needs is to develop all other institutions on the lines of IITs. IMO IITians are what they not just cause they are really smart, but also cause of the way IITs mould them. So if all other institutions are run on IIT model, even the average students can be turned in brilliant engineers?

Yes you're right, IIT definitely has the capability to churn out well trained workers. Instead of just increasing IITs, India should be focussing on funding new and upcoming homegrown institutions like IIT in order create a working class with a diverse set of skills. IIT is just one institution, there's a hell of a lot more to IT than just IIT.

For example:

Not the case at all. Getting into top colleges in China are extremely difficult. In fact getting into college at all is extremely difficult. I got into Pittsburgh University here but I doubt I could even get into college in China with all the competition.

There are 4 universities from China in the global top 50 and they rise every year in rank.

World's Best Universities: Top 400 - US News and World Report

Not the case at all. Getting into top colleges in China are extremely difficult. In fact getting into college at all is extremely difficult. I got into Pittsburgh University here but I doubt I could even get into college in China with all the competition.

There are 4 universities from China in the global top 50 and they rise every year in rank.

World's Best Universities: Top 400 - US News and World Report

Meanwhile my school slips every year. Used to be top 20 now 29.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom