What's new

Documentary about India by NHK, I recommend them to Chinese members

some sort of civility and levelheadedness would do wonders for meaningful discussion in this forum. This is not a place to vent your everyday frustration of what. This forum could be welcoming and even entertaining without being dragged to the mud. Ignoring might help but sometimes we need to point things out for what they are - and don't think it gives us pleasure doing that, because we're not the same, until you change.

100% agree.

Another thread ruined by a fresh Chinese troll...

I'd still like to see a translated version of the video but no one seems to have an answer.

People tend to hearing and seeing what they like and it is spontaneous. however, cursing can't hide the truth. Denial is just not a river in Egypt.

BTW, you have been reported because of derogatory name calling. I'd like to test how the rule of this forum is maintained.

People tend to hearing and seeing what they like and it is spontaneous. however, cursing can't hide the truth. Denial is just not a river in Egypt.

BTW, you have been reported because of derogatory name calling. I'd like to test how the rule of this forum is maintained.

Derogatory name calling? Lol, okay.

Maybe not trolling but Ryan your post is offtopic and I'm not sure if it's the best way to introduce toliet issues even though you may really be interested in toliet issues.:cheers::china:

Maybe not trolling but Ryan your post is offtopic and I'm not sure if it's the best way to introduce toliet issues even though you may really be interested in toliet issues.:cheers::china:

You seem to have a level head. Could you point me to an English version of the documentary? Or maybe give us non Japanese/Chinese speaking folk a brief summary?

Thanks in advance.

You seem to have a level head. Could you point me to an English version of the documentary? Or maybe give us non Japanese/Chinese speaking folk a brief summary?

Thanks in advance.

Actually I am susceptible to losing my cool at times too but I don't go out of my way to exacerbate the issue. And actually I havn't watched the videos yet before getting sidetracked. But they seems to be talking about university entrance and selection standards in India and comparing to China from what I can gather.

There are also levelheaded trolls (not pointing to anyone) who won't lose a sweat and enjoys all the commotions, but they do it for all the wrong insideous reasons.

Actually I am susceptible to losing my cool at times too but I don't go out of my way to exacerbate the issue. And actually I havn't watched the videos yet before getting sidetracked. But they seems to be talking about university entrance and selection standards in India and comparing to China from what I can gather.

There are also levelheaded trolls (not pointing to anyone) who won't lose a sweat and enjoys all the commotions, but they do it for all the wrong insideous reasons.

Thanks, that's all I could gather as well.

Also nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. :cheers:

Wow the videos are all quite long itself. I can just give the title of the videos for now.

It's mainly talking about the rise of india.
First video about the brains that India is cultivating
Second video about what is to be done regarding the slum problem.
Third video mainly about commercial models that is being adopted.
And fourth video about reversing the brain drain out of india.

Wow the videos are all quite long itself. I can just give the title of the videos for now.

It's mainly talking about the rise of india.
First video about the brains that India is cultivating
Second video about what is to be done regarding the slum problem.
Third video mainly about commercial models that is being adopted.
And fourth video about reversing the brain drain out of india.

Thanks again. Would love to have some sort of speech translating software!

well, as much as I respect your right of expressing your opinion, i believe there are someone else who'd like to see some other side of India that have not been revealed sufficiently. Please allow those people to have a chance to know. So it is not totally off topic. It is the shock of the reality I'd like to share with. I was really shocked when I saw the footage.
If you do not like it, you can skip my post. If you think it is not true, please prove me wrong.

I can't help it if you got offended by that. If I was to be that sensitive, I couldn't have have a discussion in any of the threads on this forum.

:cheers:

Brief summary: First, it talks about India's primary resource as being its educated people. Secondly, it notes that almost all multinationals have offices and research centers in India. Thirdly, it talks about the specifics of education, especially IIT. IIT was noted for its high selectivity, high rigor once in, and its emphasis not on rote memorization (presumably in contrast to Japanese schools) but on deep understanding. They also take note on how the labs make due with relatively simple equipment but the students use them to solve complex problems.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom