Do you want Shariah law in Pakistan

Do you want shariah rule in Pakistan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who are ready to blow others with bombs until there is no opposition left

2348_2866.jpg

this is what seriously concerns me..there are many crypto-sharia4 followers among Pakistan overseas diaspora!

Reminds me of the ultra ultra orthodox Jewish clergy who are against Israel's existence

In our case - it was those deobandi e hind types who were traitors and worked against Jinnahs Muslim league

One must never forget these basic things.

I don't know if this picture is genuine or not but if it is, I hope these 2 gentlemen end up the same way their friends did at Lal Masjid in 2007 when SSG turned them to Swiss cheese

My instincts tell me this is some British based jihhadi group. England has become a new hub for these bloody hard liners. Cowards probably supported Malala getting shot too

Read Iqbals works and you will get your answer.

What religious authority did Iqbal have? How come none of the political parties talk about Iqbal's sharia? How come none of the religious parties talk about Iqbal's sharia? How come none of the religious leaders endorse Iqbal's sharia?

I do not understand why people are arguing now between iqbal and taliban shariah? There is only one shariah and it is written down in Quran and SUnnah...any deviation by different interpretation is considered man made not god sent. These war of interpretations are what sow confusion and chaos. Let us stick to official text and decide if that is possible to implement or not!

Thats my exac query, thanks for putting it down..

How can it be changed with reasoning and still be called sharia.. as @Aeronaut mentioned the laws are formed out of morality of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dont want to answer? Fine.

Why are you here, then?

The real question is why are you here? This has nothing to do with you and you obviously have no knowledge of the subject matter so you should just take your leave. The people who know what I am talking about namely @Armstrong and @Aeronaut get the point and quite frankly I do not see what explaining Iqbals reconstruction of religious thought to an Indian will do Pakistan any good.

Aren't many existing laws and legal frameworks in Pakistan already said to be compliant with Islamic tenets? Is the demand for Sharia law simply a demand for an increase in the no. of such laws or a totalitarian idea that only sharia should be employed like Anjem Choudary's demand for eg.?

Yaraa Islam doesn't give you a Legal Paradigm, it gives you certain legal injunctions that were later developed into legal paradigms called 'Fiqh or Islamic Jurisprudence' by the leading Jurists of the time; thats what Iqbal was lamenting when he said, I'm paraphrasing of course because its been a while since I read it, 'that some of those legal paradigms are no longer compatible with the dynamics & paradigms that exist today, therefore there needs to be a reconstruction of religious thought in Islam to reinterpret the texts in the light of today's dynamics & works must be carried out to come up with revised or reinterpreted legal paradigms, as it must happen in each succeeding generation, who must reinterpret all of that, guided, but not hampered by the works of others before them' !

That, essentially is, what I believe 'Pakistan' was all about - A space to do all of that ! Unfortunately we haven't even begun but we've regressed manifold because many of the Puritans who were against Pakistan's inception & some incidentally were being pandered by the Congress, decided to move to Pakistan after all & ultimately they derailed the entire process so much that now one of the most progressive Muslim Scholars in Pakistan (Javed Ahmed Ghamidi) had to flee to Malaysia because they placed a bomb outside his Research Institute whilst others have ended up with bullets between their eyes or just being blown to bits.

Naturally we - the lot of us - are to blame for that !

I'm sure @Aeronaut @Developereo can add more to it !

The real question is why are you here? This has nothing to do with you and you obviously have no knowledge of the subject matter so you should just take your leave. The people who know what I am talking about namely @Armstrong and @Aeronaut get the point and quite frankly I do not see what explaining Iqbals reconstruction of religious thought to an Indian will do Pakistan any good.

Mate, I understand your frustration of seeing Indians on PDF, but its not in your hands.

I will take leave when I fell like, thanks for the offer though. Do not want to engage me? Ignore.

But don't come up with lame reasons.

I don't even know why we allow or why these moronic azzholes feel compelled to contribute to threads that don't even concern them

I dont know what is iqbals sharia! :fie: Sharia is Sharia! But I will be generous on my fellow @Pakistani Nationalist and consider Imran khan for a change in our country!

Enough authority that he inspired a movement that created a country for the religion he spoke of.

Thats political. I'm talking about religious. I'm sure some religious scholars have certainly endorsed Iqbal's sharia?

I think the original sharia has a better chance of succeeding in pakistan as most pakistanis seem to favor it too.

Iqbal is over inflated to the point that he has become an "All Thing God Father"

To who has he been over inflated?? Obviously Pakistanis will read and appreciate his work because he was one of the fathers of Pakistan. To outsiders most probably do not even know who he was, so how can he than be an "all thing god father"?

They are indeed.

But making it official makes things worse. Nothing wrong with the religion or the laws; just with politics there are too many people with self interest involved, so someone is bound to misuse this.

But if educated and reasonable people in government are guaranteed, then I guess it can work :)

educated people in government that is the biggest problem in our subcontinent..
there are very few...

Yaraa Islam doesn't give you a Legal Paradigm, it gives you certain legal injunctions that were later developed into legal paradigms called 'Fiqh or Islamic Jurisprudence' by the leading Jurists of the time; thats what Iqbal was lamenting when he said, I'm paraphrasing of course because its been a while since I read it, 'that some of those legal paradigms are no longer compatible with the dynamics & paradigms that we exist today in, therefore there needs to be a reconstruction of religious thought in Islam to reinterpret the texts in the light of the today's dynamics & try to come up with different legal paradigms, as it must happen in each succeeding generation, who must reinterpret all of that, guided, but not hampered by the works of others before them' !

That, essentially is, what I believe 'Pakistan' was all about - A space to do all of that ! Unfortunately we haven't even begun but we've regressed manifold because many of the Puritans who were against Pakistan's inception & some incidentally were being pandered by the Congress, decided to move to Pakistan after all & ultimately they derailed the entire process so much that now one of the most progressive Muslim Scholars on Pakistan (Javed Ahmed Ghamidi) had to flee to Malaysia because they placed a bomb outside his Research Institute whilst others have ended up with bullets between their eyes or just being blown to bits.

Naturally we - the lot of us - are to blame for that !
@Armstrong

In your "version" of it, would I be allowed to commit blasphemy without any resultant legal action, say question the existence of God vocally and in public. If such an act caused a backlash from people would I be afforded protection?

If I were a kafir, would I have the same rights- would there be a specific law that states that a kafir is equal to a Muslim in all ways and both are destined for heaven?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom