What's new

Do you want Shariah law in Pakistan

Do you want shariah rule in Pakistan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make up your mind. :rolleyes:

To the liberal fascists, yes it is. These people do not know what is a basic welfare state but are here trying to tell Muslims what a Islamic welfare state is.

I have !! dw!!

"Rolling your eyes" --> is this how you say goodmorning :P lolol

Are Internet forum's allowed in sharia???:undecided:

Pakistan needs Shariah Law like Pakistan needs a " Hole in the Head ".

I would actually like to see a separation between " State Affairs " and " Religious Affairs ".

No to Shariah and no to Fundamentalist / Extremist. Protect the Pakistani minorities and make Pakistan a safe country for all Pakistanis.

I agree with you completely.

There will always be someone in power, who is going to use it to oppress a minority.

Yes, i respect the idea of the rules it puts into place, but under no circumstances should politics and religion ever be mixed :)

I agree with you completely.

There will always be someone in power, who is going to use it to oppress a minority.

Yes, i respect the idea of the rules it puts into place, but under no circumstances should politics and religion ever be mixed :)

Separation of state and religion is essential for a modern nation state to survive. The probability of religion based laws being abused is obviously very great. But from the poll conducted on this thread at least- a majority of the posters seem to agree that sharia law should be implemented. If the people will it then it is sort of difficult to argue with them otherwise.

yes,u r an indian..:devil:

:angry: lolololol

Separation of state and religion is essential for a modern nation state to survive. The probability of religion based laws being abused is obviously very great. But from the poll conducted on this thread at least- a majority of the posters seem to agree that sharia law should be implemented. If the people will it then it is sort of difficult to argue with them otherwise.

I know, I was suprised at that too....
I thought more people might be against it.
I agree completely; that is just a terrible combo.

To this day there's no debate among all the Ulema on what exactly comprises Shariah

It takes our bloated parliament months to debate bills and resolutions. It could take thousand years to determine what is exactly Shariah and how to APPLY it

It's best we stick with Parliamentary democracy (without crooks this time). Religious scholars and parties of the establishment will always have influence regardless

Many of our existing laws and regulations are Shariah compliant anyways; even available banking services. What more is wanted

It's important that of the many people on this forum, you make sense -- What is this "true form"?? How can there possibly be a "true form" of something that is based on religious knowledge and which means that it is constantly evolving??

That is why it is merely a wish of ours and not something that can be implemented, hence no to Shariah law. Now you getting my PoV? The 'true form' is one in which we (Muslims) are all united and live in perfect accord with eachother and we are honest to ourselves. SInce we can't be all that, no true form, no SHariah. Agr system itna inqalabi tareeqay say change karna hai, then do it with full conviction knowing well that the results will be positive.

Do you understand what Utopia is about, and how it is about the arrest of change and the agents of change?, Is that what you want?

No sorry, I have heard about Utopia from some of those around me but I do not know much about it.

What is an "Islamic" Welfare State? ---

One in which every one lives peacefully, the state places equal importance on Zakat and Salaat i.e the economic welfare and the social welfare both are prioritized. The non-muslims are left alone, state doesn't go around carrying a stick to enforce religion.

“Islam has created a society more free from widespread cruelty and social oppression than any society had ever been in the world before.”---H.G Wells.

An Islamic welfare state achieves the above while still being true to it's Islamic values.

Yes...

The basic meaning of Sharia, is "Moral Code" And "Legislation". In Islam, we call the "Laws" which are derived by our religion Islam as Shariah. The main interpreter is Quran, and secondary is Hadith (in all Fiqah of Muslims). When we say "Shariah Law for Pakistan", this means all "Social", "Criminal", "Political", and "Economical".

Tell that to uneducated people who opt for everything but those things but rather focus on superfcial things like punishments, beard
Counts and burqa culture which is not indigenous to Pakistan at all but was imported from Afghanistan and Saudi

:angry: lolololol

I know, I was suprised at that too....
I thought more people might be against it.
I agree completely; that is just a terrible combo.

It is a sub-continental trait that religion plays a heavy role in identity politics- a little different in its specifics than the neocons in the States who will interpret the constitution with a myopic and religious POV and more damaging in the sense that it vitiates already existing issues such as weak and ineffectual governance.

It cannot be helped- we have similar issues in India- with respect to religious interventionism in politics and policy making but not to this extent.

Can we conclude that a majority of Pakistani will vote any way which leads to sharia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom