What's new

Do you want Shariah law in Pakistan

Do you want shariah rule in Pakistan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would be the punishment for blasphemy?

So freedom but with certain conditions, an atheist, by default if he is vocal about not believing in any god, would end up insulting the Prophet, no?

no. not believing in God or His prophets does not lead to an insult as per the law. you are entitled to your view.

And what would be the punishment for insulting the gods of another religion? Would that be considered an equally foul act and a blasphemy? Would they be as important as Allah?

yup. as it is in the law even now. a muslim ridiculing gods and personalities of other religions is to face the same punishment as that of others ridiculing Allah and our Prophet (s.a.w).

Same rights and privileges, AND How would you stop the future leaders from using the implementation of religion based laws as an excuse to enact laws that while still based on religion might be rather draconian, will you have a statute that can foresee such an issue and prevent it?

by strengthening the Federal Shariah Court. where every law can be challenged if it violates Shariah.

So what would be the punishment for blasphemy?

I dunno, most probably death but then again there are many Muslim Jurists out there who argue that Blasphemy isn't sanctioned by the Koran or the Hadith & we just made it up for purely political reasons - On my part, I've been preoccupied with the more philosophical aspects of religion than jurisprudence per se ! :oops:

So freedom but with certain conditions, an atheist, by default if he is vocal about not believing in any god, would end up insulting the Prophet, no?

No not quite ! Just don't abuse the Prophet (PBUH) & you should be fine - Believe whatever the heck you feel like believing !

And what would be the punishment for insulting the gods of another religion? Would that be considered an equally foul act and a blasphemy? Would they be as important as Allah?

I think that would fall under the purview of creating mischief in the land, for which, unless I'm mistaken, the penalty is death ! Islam enjoins us to not 'insult' other Gods therefore anyone spewing venom against any other Religious Figure ought to be punished.

Same rights and privileges, AND How would you stop the future leaders from using the implementation of religion based laws as an excuse to enact laws that while still based on religion might be rather draconian, will you have a statute that can foresee such an issue and prevent it?

The same way you stopped the Americans from chucking away thousands of 2nd, 3rd Generations Japanese Americans into, what could be called as, Concentration Camps, during the Second World War - The electoral process, the civil society, an expression of social indignation & a strong...strong Supreme Court !

What about adultery, do I get stoned? Just covering my bases man, you know me- irreverent, loud mouthed, and promiscuous- AND a blasphemer.

Most probably - Yes ! :kiss3:

However stoning is such a messy affair - The firing squad ought to be better ! :agree:

But it goes without saying - Adultery as Islam requires 'proof beyond reasonable doubt - an extrapolation of two witnesses' can never be established so its more of a 'don't do that sh*t in our society or else' kinda law !

Anyone who doesn't agree with you is an atheist. My religion is between me and Allah Almighty so you can just go to hell for all i care.

prove me wrong.
the only reason im assuming your atheists is because of your words that i read. if your not thats good may god bless you.

What about adultery, do I get stoned? Just covering my bases man, you know me- irreverent, loud mouthed, and promiscuous- AND a blasphemer.

For Hadd (term Used as capital Punishment in Islam) i.e death penalty there must be four witnesses. If four witnesses are not available yet it is proved, one can not be stoned but the judge is free to punish him with some other punishment but can not ask to stone him.

For unmarried male or female the punishment for illegal sex is 100 lashes.. if one is married and other unmarried then married one will be stoned (If four witnesses are available) and unmarried will get 100 lashes.

Law an order is a serious matter so this kind makes no sense but perhaps it worked in 7th century Arabia which readily belived on fairy tales and flying horses. Why would someone produce witness when they were copulating? This is like the most private affair of someone life! Another ridiculous ideas of Shariah!

I think you missed the point here - Why would someone have witnesses around when they were copulating ? Exactly - Thats what makes this law virtually incapable of application; its there for deterrence & deterrence alone !

For Hadd (term Used as capital Punishment in Islam) i.e death penalty there must be four witnesses. If four witnesses are not available yet it is proved, one can not be stoned but the judge is free to punish him with some other punishment but can not ask to stone him.

For unmarried male or female the punishment for illegal sex is 100 lashes.. if one is married and other unmarried then married one will be stoned (If four witnesses are available) and unmarried will get 100 lashes.

What is the minimum age requirement for the unmarried party that shall be subjected to 100 lashes?

prove me wrong.
the only reason im assuming your atheists is because of your words that i read. if your not thats good may god bless you.

ok tell me whats the problem if someone is atheist?

I dunno, most probably death but then again there are many Muslim Jurists out there who argue that Blasphemy isn't sanctioned by the Koran or the Hadith & we just made it up for purely political reasons - On my part, I've been preoccupied with the more philosophical aspects of religion than jurisprudence per se ! :oops:

No not quite ! Just don't abuse the Prophet (PBUH) & you should be fine - Believe whatever the heck you feel like believing !

I think that would fall under the purview of creating mischief in the land, for which, unless I'm mistaken, the penalty is death ! Islam enjoins us to not 'insult' other Gods therefore anyone spewing venom against any other Religious Figure ought to be punished.

The same way you stopped the Americans from chucking away thousands of 2nd, 3rd Generations Japanese Americans into, what could be called as, Concentration Camps, during the Second World War - The electoral process, the civil society, an expression of social indignation & a strong...strong Supreme Court !

Most probably - Yes ! :kiss3:

However stoning is such a messy affair - The firing squad ought to be better ! :agree:

But it goes without saying - Adultery as Islam requires 'proof beyond reasonable doubt - an extrapolation of two witnesses' can never be established so its more of a 'don't do that sh*t in our society or else' kinda law !

Was that a serious answer yaara?

Dude IF I stand up and say that there is no god haven't I just committed blasphemy as per most religions including Islam? Are you saying that as long as I do not vocally espouse my POV in this regard I am safe, safety bought by silence? Or are you saying that as long as I do not mention the Prophet by name and add an invective to that mention I'm cool? What constitutes blasphemy- in simple terms using swear words with context to the Prophet or even disagreeing with his tenets and utterances as they have been recorded, if I were to state that I do not believe that what the Prophet did or say in a particular instance was correct or even outright called it wrong would I be committing blasphemy?

Say it is indeed a case of proven blasphemy, death then? There are nut cases all over the world who may kill someone and do kill people because someone insulted their faith or blasphemed against it (sadly a growing tribe in my own nation) but how many egalitarian societies have a sanctioned law which makes the act of vocally insulting a god punishable by death? How is that proportionate or even remotely serving "justice". Basically a person like me would be sentenced to death then, I see.

Why should it be considered as anything else but blasphemy- why should it be considered creating mischief in the land- if freedom and equal respect to religions is to be accorded then any insult to any god should be considered blasphemy IN STRICT LEGAL TERMS under a framework where such a law exists with regard to a particular god to begin with? After all you do believe Sharia properly implemented will create an equal society for ALL?

In this age it is easy to get conclusive proof of adultery, it happens all the time- video tapes in HD? So if adultery is proven by such a technological implement, then death. For having engaged in sex with someone you're not married to its death? YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT? That is your idea of an enlightened Islamic state?

What of religious conversions- Islam expressly forbids adhering to another faith- that is to say a Muslim cannot convert to say Judaism- its punishable by death. So would it be legal to convert, after all that is the first requirement of freedom of religion without which all talks of "all faith being equal" would be considered hogwash? IF it is not legal to convert "out of" Islam then in your "egalitarian"- I hope you envision it to be egalitarian- there should be law adjudicating equal punishment for converting into Islam too- otherwise where is the "equality" but then that would be impossible, no?

Not satisfied by your previous answer. But thanks for replying.
@Secur @ZYXW @Hyperion

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that a serious answer yaara?

Dude IF I stand up and say that there is no god haven't I just committed blasphemy as per most religions including Islam? Are you saying that as long as I do not vocally espouse my POV in this regard I am safe, safety bought by silence? Or are you saying that as long as I do not mention the Prophet by name and add an invective to that mention I'm cool? What constitutes blasphemy- in simple terms using swear words with context to the Prophet or even disagreeing with his tenets and utterances as they have been recorded, if I were to state that I do not believe that what the Prophet did or say in a particular instance was correct or even outright called it wrong would I be committing blasphemy?

Say it is indeed a case of proven blasphemy, death then? There are nut cases all over the world who may kill someone and do kill people because someone insulted their faith or blasphemed against it but how many egalitarian societies have a sanctioned law which makes the act of vocally insulting a god punishable by death. How is that proportionate or even remotely serving "justice". Basically a person like me would be sentenced to death then, I see.

Why should it be considered as anything else but blasphemy- why should it be considered creating mischief in the land- if freedom and equal respect to religions is to be accorded than any insult to any god should be considered blasphemy IN STRICT LEGAL TERMS under a framework where such a law exists with regard to a particular god to begin with? After all you do believe Sharia properly implemented will create an equal society for ALL?

In this age it is easy to get conclusive proof of adultery, it happens all the time- video tapes in HD? So if adultery is proven by such a technological implement, then death. For having engaged in sex with someone you're not married to its death? YOU'RE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT? That is your idea of an enlightened Islamic state?

What of religious conversions- Islam expressly forbids adhering to another faith- that is to say a Muslim cannot convert to say a Judaism- its punishable by death. So would it be legal to convert, after all that is the first requirement of freedom of religion without which all talks of "all faith being equal" would be considered hogwash? IF it is not legal to convert "out of" Islam then in your "egalitarian"- I hope you envision it to be egalitarian- there should be law adjudicating equal punishment for converting into Islam too- otherwise where is the "equality" but then that would be impossible, no?

Not satisfied by your previous answer. But thanks for replying.
@Secur @ZYXW

@Armstrong....and you guys say I am idealistic LOLOL....what you are imagining is shariah law in a Perfect state...with pakistan that is not the case, expecially right now. There is a difference between use and abuse and our politicians will end up abusing it! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom