What's new

Do you think religion is a personal matter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well.wisher

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi ,
Do u think religion should be a personal matter or not ?

I believe on it in a sense that while meeting people, going out , working etc ... religion should be kept personal .
We should not judge anyone's act on religious bases while we should be broad minded .
And that we should not judge anyone's deeds , good or bad based on religion . Whether we follow religion or do ibadat, we should not go on boasting about it .

However , discussing with friends or good positive preaching is a good thing .

What do u think ?

When you are brought up in a religious society, where believers are the "superior" people and the infidels are who are "wasted people" who, anyways will go to hell - This, surely is no more a personal matter, it affects a whole country turn religious bigots. But, they won't understand. There are enough examples mocking Jews, Christians for being corrupt and Hindus as enemies. Bigotry is something which is natural.

Hi ,

I believe on it in a sense that while meeting people, going out , working etc ... religion should be kept personal .
We should not judge anyone's act on religious bases while we should be broad minded .
And that we should not judge anyone's deeds , good or bad based on religion . Whether we follow religion or do ibadat, we should not go on boasting about it .

What do u think ?
personal.

Hi ,

What do u think ?

Religion is a personal matter as long as the duties of an individual towards Allah (SWT) such as Namaz, Roza, are concerned.. Allah will decide on these matters.

When it comes to Huqooq ul Ibad, such as Zakat and dealings with other people in an Islamic society, it becomes society's matter.

There is this third category.. when in an Islamic society, someone starts corrupting the Islamic teachings, then it becomes even more condemn-able.. such as if someone says that polygamy is Haram until polyandry is allowed.. or something of this sort such as men and women come out in open in indecent dresses.. then it comes under corruption of Islamic society, which is to be stopped forcefully if required.. Why? because when a man or a woman wears something that he or she thinks is fine, but a general population is offended, then it must be stopped forcefully..

Imagine if a man roams on a street in his underwear and he thinks that he is providing enough covering, and my children play in that area, or I see a man staring at women in my neighborhood indecently, I will immediately go to the police to register a complain against him.

In an Islamic society, dress code is not what majority has decided for itself, but it is what Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) has ordered us to wear...

It is fine that a person doesn't practice polygamy (such as myself or 99.9% of Pakistani population), but if some people start rejecting what Quran has allowed and he or she is propagating his/ her beliefs openly and creating a doubt in what Allah has allowed us, then majority has the right to stop him/ her from doing that.

Similarly, one can wear whatever he wishes inside his/ her own home (or even don't wear anything at all and live like animals), but when he/ she comes out in public, he must follow what majority wants..

It depends on how you understand the religion. Islam is a way of life and encompasses all spheres of life whether you're alone or walking in the street, working in office..
The whole govt and judicial system have to follow the Islamic Shariah.

And that we should not judge anyone's deeds
Non-religious people are far more judgemental... people judge each other all the time. The words like slut, whore etc are mostly used by people who have no deep Islamic education. So to reduce judgmental behaviour in the society, the society needs to practice Islam and learn more about it.

Last edited:
Hi ,

What do u think ?

It is kind of both. It should be personal in whatever actions you do specifically for God like praying, zakat etc. Making a big deal out of them in front of the world takes away the purpose of such actions and simply exposes you as, dare I say, munafiq.

However, if you see something in the society that is openly against the Islamic beliefs, you should speak against them. This is not saying that you force the other person to stop as in the current world, there is no room for such actions. But you should speak about them. Unfortunately, this path has been misused so much in the past by various right wing parties that it has now become a taboo.

When you are brought up in a religious society, where believers are the "superior" people and the infidels are who are "wasted people" who, anyways will go to hell - This, surely is no more a personal matter, it affects a whole country turn religious bigots. But, they won't understand. There are enough examples mocking Jews, Christians for being corrupt and Hindus as enemies. Bigotry is something which is natural.

Yeah yeah..We see how you are the epitome of religious freedom. With all the ghar wapsi and other such shenanigans from you guys just a figment of imagination.

Religion is a personal matter as long as the duties of an individual towards Allah (SWT) such as Namaz, Roza, are concerned.. Allah will decide on these matters.

When it comes to Huqooq ul Ibad, such as Zakat and dealings with other people in an Islamic society, it becomes society's matter.

There is this third category.. when in an Islamic society, someone starts corrupting the Islamic teachings, then it becomes even more condemn-able.. such as if someone says that polygamy is Haram until polyandry is allowed.. or something of this sort such as men and women come out in open in indecent dresses.. then it comes under corruption of Islamic society, which is to be stopped forcefully if required.. Why? because when a man or a woman wears something that he or she thinks is fine, but a general population is offended, then it must be stopped forcefully..

Imagine if a man roams on a street in his underwear and he thinks that he is providing enough covering, and my children play in that area, or I see a man staring at women in my neighborhood indecently, I will immediately go to the police to register a complain against him.

In an Islamic society, dress code is not what majority has decided for itself, but it is what Allah and His Prophet (PBUH) has ordered us to wear...

It is fine that a person doesn't practice polygamy (such as myself or 99.9% of Pakistani population), but if some people start rejecting what Quran has allowed and he or she is propagating his/ her beliefs openly and creating a doubt in what Allah has allowed us, then majority has the right to stop him/ her from doing that.

Similarly, one can wear whatever he wishes inside his/ her own home (or even don't wear anything at all and live like animals), but when he/ she comes out in public, he must follow what majority wants..
You sir are a bigot (!).

Bigots always find a way to express their hate, even though your comment has nothing to do with the question asked.

I can only speak about Islam which isn't only personal. Its ambit stretches from a personal level to statecraft, foreign relations, trade, jurisprudence, warfare and welfare, statehood. It deals with political identity, formation of polity, laws, ethics, accountability and other pillars of the state. Islam is a religion which also applies to the real world, it has a complete and fair system of banking, tax, Govt, law, military and more importantly a political system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom