What's new

Do you laugh at Pathan jokes?

Ethnic jokes are condemnable whether they are about sardars or pathans.
Pathan jokes promotes the stereotype that pashtuns are dumb people. those who have no not of met pashtuns in real life then percieves them to be akhroat .

actually there are Sardar jokes in India about Sikhs.

:mad:

This retard Pak-one thinks all Urdu speakers eat PAAN...

Just shows you the mentality of this backward Cave Dweller like him ( meaning Pak-one).

I heard all Mughals are very fond of silver foiled paan topped with red cherry.

This is thread of 2010, my views are still same on this matter. Though i would like to add the history and origin of pathan and Sardar jokes which are rooted in Punjab and U.P/Delhi region.

The Hate and dislike for Pathans , that are expressed through jokes, comes from military expeditions of Abdali in Punjab and areas around Delhi, to consolidate his rule. They were not locals so needed some plundering to feed their large army (who has not done plundering?). Note that in panipat they didnt need to plunder as most of the musalmans in panipat area were of Afghan descent who were cooperating with their kinsmen Rohillas and Durranis. Punjab was ruled by mughals for two centuries and was not subjected to foreign invasions for these two centuries, mughals were excellent administrators and they were loved by punjabi muslims. Nadir Shah was the first invader after such long period and he destroyed the punjab region and delhi, his troops army had large Afghan contingent , somehow nadir shah himself was perceived as Afghan by punjabis and delhwis (they remember him as nadir shah durrani rather than afshar). Read urdu poetry of that time, it is deeply affected by nadir shah sacking of delhi and massacring its inhabitants. Its no coincidence that muslim Punjabis and urduspeakers of U.P/delhi have hateful jokes for sikhs as well as pashtuns. The dislike for both dates back to chaotic 18th century. Sikh misals also looted delhi and U.P. In addition to Sikhs, people of delhi and awadh also experienced fearsome Rohilla Pashtuns of Doab, one of whom in 1788 humiliated mughal emperor and his family.

Ahamd Shah abdali not only ended much respected mughal rule (among muslims) in punjab but they also had not forgotten that he was part of nadir shah's military expedition. The most acute problem for punjabi muslims at that time were sikh misals who were terror for them, Abdali led several military expeditions against sikh misals, who were terrorizing muslim populations, but the enemies used to retreat to hills instead of offering war. Punajbi musalmans blame Ahmad shah for sikh problem, the argument was that mughals were much efficient in dealing with sikhs. Terror of Sikh misals got imprinted in meek muslamans of Punajb and Delhi and U.P, who expressed their anger and hate through either poetry or through jokes.

@Pakistanisage

@Nuri Natt

I never understand why people make racist jokes about Pashtuns and Sikhs. Sometimes the same joke is said just changing the one ethnicity with the other. Sadly these jokes have not even escaped movies where they will show people belonging to these ethnicities as dumb/loud and unable to speak proper Hindi/Urdu. It may seem funny when the joke is on others but when you are subject of the joke, it's no laughing matter.

This is thread of 2010, my views are still same on this matter. Though i would like to add the history and origin of pathan and Sardar jokes which are rooted in Punjab and U.P/Delhi region.

The Hate and dislike for Pathans , that are expressed through jokes, comes from military expeditions of Abdali in Punjab and areas around Delhi, to consolidate his rule. They were not locals so needed some plundering to feed their large army (who has not done plundering?). Note that in panipat they didnt need to plunder as most of the musalmans in panipat area were of Afghan descent who were cooperating with their kinsmen Rohillas and Durranis. Punjab was ruled by mughals for two centuries and was not subjected to foreign invasions for these two centuries, mughals were excellent administrators and they were loved by punjabi muslims. Nadir Shah was the first invader after such long period and he destroyed the punjab region and delhi, his troops army had large Afghan contingent , somehow nadir shah himself was perceived as Afghan by punjabis and delhwis (they remember him as nadir shah durrani rather than afshar). Read urdu poetry of that time, it is deeply affected by nadir shah sacking of delhi and massacring its inhabitants. Its no coincidence that muslim Punjabis and urduspeakers of U.P/delhi have hateful jokes for sikhs as well as pashtuns. The dislike for both dates back to chaotic 18th century. Sikh misals also looted delhi and U.P. In addition to Sikhs, people of delhi and awadh also experienced fearsome Rohilla Pashtuns of Doab, one of whom in 1788 humiliated mughal emperor and his family.

Ahamd Shah abdali not only ended much respected mughal rule (among muslims) in punjab but they also had not forgotten that he was part of nadir shah's military expedition. The most acute problem for punjabi muslims at that time were sikh misals who were terror for them, Abdali led several military expeditions against sikh misals, who were terrorizing muslim populations, but the enemies used to retreat to hills instead of offering war. Punajbi musalmans blame Ahmad shah for sikh problem, the argument was that mughals were much efficient in dealing with sikhs. Terror of Sikh misals got imprinted in meek muslamans of Punajb and Delhi and U.P, who expressed their anger and hate through either poetry or through jokes.

@Pakistanisage

@Nuri Natt

Pak-one aka pseudo-historian find me one reference of Punjabi poet making fun of pathans. Our poets were not haters. And these jokes are recent phenomena, stop looking at 3 centuries ago to find any reason.

Pak-one crying about pathan jokes is like me crying about Indians making fun of us. And stop living in the past pseudo-historian, punjabi musalman have helped your shitty Afghani kind against USSR and Farsiwans in last 4 decades. If punjabis hated Abdali then why name missiles etc after him? Infact punjabi musalman think of them on religious line and not ethnic. Just like in case of South Indian Tipu Sultan.

To be honest yes, just as I would laugh at Jatt, Sheikh, Paindu, Butt, Memon, Sardar, Marasi jokes. In Punjabi culture making such jokes is perfectly normal and not meant to be offensive. Brothers, cousins, friends will all make a lot of fun out of each other and its all good fun as long as its within limits. But knowing that some of our Pashtun brothers get offended by these sms jokes for example, I dont forward them anymore.

You havent heard jokes the Pakhtuns make ... damn brotha... they are like mofkin mega jokes...

Sure.

I laugh at Punjabi jokes too !!!!! :enjoy:

I have a Pakhtun frnd who sends me sardar jokes... :lol:

Replacing sikh with Baloch... never minded... i send him pakhtun jokes.. yeah they are kinda offensive..

The Pakhtuns consider me an honorary Pakhtun.. :lol:

Y dont wanna know why.. haha

@Pakistanisage

@Nuri Natt

Why did a racist cry about racism?

Coz he was Pak one.

I never understand why people make racist jokes about Pashtuns and Sikhs. Sometimes the same joke is said just changing the one ethnicity with the other. Sadly these jokes have not even escaped movies where they will show people belonging to these ethnicities as dumb/loud and unable to speak proper Hindi/Urdu. It may seem funny when the joke is on others but when you are subject of the joke, it's no laughing matter.
You are right bro. These racist jokes are not harmless at all, these stereotypical and negative jokes build up perception about us in pakistan that we are bewakoof people with extremely low IQ and gay tendencies. Punjabi, sindhi and mohajir children are growing up with negative perception of pathans and sikhs , thanks to these jokes. I have studied in college where most of the students and teachers were punjabis, surprised to find out that they judge us through the stereotypes that they have built about us. They dont even consider it wrong and justify it.
If some one laugh at you, it means he doesnt respect you

I laugh at all sort of jokes if they are actually jokes and was shared for just fun purpose. I guess actual question of Afghan-one was

do you laugh and enjoy when someone throw insult and sarcasm at Pathan and answer is big NO

I wish he go and repeat same question by replacing Pathan with dal khor kala smelly Punjabi on Afghan forum lol :D

Not necessarily, whatever is laughable I laugh. No matter its Sikh, Pathan, Punjabi, Sindhi, Indian, Pakistani, USA jokes.

Back
Top Bottom