What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

It's really amusing to see how many Indians are desperate for good relations with China, I'm surprised they aren't pandering more.
you cant make everybody love you, we have dispute with india, so its natural situation of the relationsip right now.

Man i like chinese culture just as much I like India. Both countries are old and historic.

More I like about china is their cities and skylines. They are simply mind blowing and beautifull. How china plans its new cities???

Why China wins so many golds in olympics???

2 nations of 1.3 billion people, one is a looser and another a champion. I am sure if you go on roads and villages of India we will find many usain bolts and Phelps, but India has failed to identify and nurture talent. How China does it???

Our civilizations are the oldest.

For the Olympics our athletes trained hard provided the Training, Opportunities and Money it was shown during 2008 and 2012 games. India just needs time to develop it's talents.

1.japan got stronger and invade almost all asean countries. they killed too many people so we can not like them. the situation of japan right now is made by usa. 2. uighur are treated better in terms of education, social benefits. in xinjiang they are only 40 percent of population. the difficulty is they speak different language and have different culture, actually they are original turkish.

1. As I have written, you probably belong to the first group of people who hate Japan for historical actions around 1940, and there are some Chinese people who also admire Japan as a worthy rival/adversary with similar sense about nature, balance, martial arts, honour, dignity, social order, progress and so on.

2. Why only Uighur want to separate from China? Why do not other 50+ ethnicities want to separate from China? Is it because of language? Is it because of some policies or history? This is a sensitive issue and I hope all parties can find a peaceful and just solution.

I'm Hui we are treated well in China, Muslims other then Hui flourish in many parts of China even the Uighurs, so they is no ill towards us. And as Shuttler mentioned before many Han convert to Islam in Ningxia, they make up plenty of the population. Also many Non Muslims live in Muslim Majority areas and are treated as part of the community.

I've met few Bangladeshis but they are hard workers, interacted with them in Shanghai, Friendly to Bangladesh.

Mixed feelings on this China will need other countries like Russia, Brazil, India etc, it will take time as western countries did it.

It's Improved as China gave more Job and work Opportunities to the Uighur's, there is an increase in Uighurs joining the PLA, PLAN and many Chinese security firms. Few of the issues tended to be the Language barrier and the ETIM which is reduced.

Agree on this 100% but not just for the Muslim world or China but everyone.

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I know many foreign Muslims including Bangladeshis who live, do business in China or study in China. So far none of them have complained of any problems due to religion. The situation is completely different from the West.

Also, in BD, almost the entire public hold both Japan and China in high esteem for they never interfere in BD politics or internal matters, and have always aided BD with major infrastructural projects like bridges, and so on, without seeking any political benefits for their own selves. It is for this reason, if you ask ordinary BD citizens, most of them will not speak negatively against China or Japan. Either they will not know enough about these two countries, or they will speak very positively about these two countries.

Just imagine how powerful East Asia can be if Japan and China can resolve their differences, expel Western military bases and act together.

1. As I have written, you probably belong to the first group of people who hate Japan for historical actions around 1940, and there are some Chinese people who also admire Japan as a worthy rival/adversary with similar sense about nature, balance, martial arts, honour, dignity, social order, progress and so on.

2. Why only Uighur want to separate from China? Why do not other 50+ ethnicities want to separate from China? Is it because of language? Is it because of some policies or history? This is a sensitive issue and I hope all parties can find a peaceful and just solution.

Mostly exiles but the situation has improved refer to my previous post, more opportunities were given and there were Language issues which gave way to hostility, but it has changed.

As for Japan I don't hold a grudge for what it did in the past, my concern is what Japan can do today it's still a rival of China.

Mostly exiles but the situation has improved refer to my previous post, more opportunities were given and there were Language issues which gave way to hostility, but it has changed.

As for Japan I don't hold a grudge for what it did in the past, my concern is what Japan can do today it's still a rival of China.

I hope Uighurs obtain their deserved rights, and that Chinese also become a stronger and more just nation that other developing (and smaller) countries can look up to.

Similarly, regarding Japan, I just hope that Japan and China can work together by resolving their differences and exclude the West from any such process.

Best wishes to both Japan and China.

Thank you very much for answering my questions. I know many foreign Muslims including Bangladeshis who live, do business in China or study in China. So far none of them have complained of any problems due to religion. The situation is completely different from the West.

Also, in BD, almost the entire public hold both Japan and China in high esteem for they never interfere in BD politics or internal matters, and have always aided BD with major infrastructural projects like bridges, and so on, without seeking any political benefits for their own selves. It is for this reason, if you ask ordinary BD citizens, most of them will not speak negatively against China or Japan. Either they will not know enough about these two countries, or they will speak very positively about these two countries.

Just imagine how powerful East Asia can be if Japan and China can resolve their differences, expel Western military bases and act together.

I agree but it's unlikely Japan will stop being Pro West. Asia still has many rivalries for example South Koreans still hate Japan despite being a western ally over it's colonial past and Island dispute(you have heard of it ?) Nationalism and Rivalry is still frequent in Asia.

I agree but it's unlikely Japan will stop being Pro West. Asia still has many rivalries for example South Koreans still hate Japan despite being a western ally over it's colonial past and Island dispute(you have heard of it ?) Nationalism and Rivalry is still frequent in Asia.

Maybe you are right, but I hope things change for the better.

Our civilizations are the oldest.

For the Olympics our athletes trained hard provided the Training, Opportunities and Money it was shown during 2008 and 2012 games. India just needs time to develop it's talents.

Chinese civilization isn't the oldest. It is the oldest continuous civilization as opposed to Egyptian
or Mesopotamian civilization which predates ours but lacks the clear lineage.

Maybe you are right, but I hope things change for the better.

Anything is possible my Friend, the world can change overnight. Old rivalries disappear new ones emerge, But at the end of the road we all want Peace.

Are most Chinese anti west? Do you think there is a cultural conflict of some sort?

Chinese civilization isn't the oldest. It is the oldest continuous civilization as opposed to Egyptian
or Mesopotamian civilization which predates ours but lacks the clear lineage.

Should rephrase as one of the oldest along with others. :enjoy:

Do all the Chinese feel anti western?

Which Chinese are you referring to ? on Taipei, Overseas, or on Mainland China ?

From my limited observations, Chinese people tend to think of Japan as either an evil country/people because of historical events around World War II, or they tend to think of Japan as a worthy adversary/rival with a distinct tradition based on some similar principles of honour, dignity, respect, martial arts for self defence, and so on.

Some Chinese members can correct me if I am wrong.

The relationship between China is Japan is a complicated one and it deserve its own thread. To keep it simple, in my opinion Japan has been a teacher to China in modern history. For example 70% of the Chinese modern words regarding social and natual science are loan words from Japanese words. Those loans words are words like "politics", "science", "philosophy", "physics", "revolution", "class", "cadre" and "constitution". So without Japanese, modern Chinese won't be the way it is right now. For someone who can read Chinese, this article is very interesting. Even without such animosity because of the war, Japan had a big impact on China's modern history in many levels.
http://hi.baidu.com/140522/item/dddac7cb96a8f53699b4984b

Also if you also noticed that most Chinese always think highly of Germany. The thing about Japan is that during its Meiji restoration, most of their systems either economical or political were modeled after Germany's. So in a way people have to wonder why after Meiji restoration Japan could transform itself from a backward country to a world power in short 50 years while China was still in chaos at that period of time.

The relationship between China is Japan is a complicated one and it deserve its own thread. To keep it simple, in my opinion Japan has been a teacher to China in modern history. For example 70% of the Chinese modern words regarding social and natual science are loan words from Japanese words. Those loans words are words like "politics", "science", "philosophy", "physics", "revolution", "class", "cadre" and "constitution". So without Japanese, modern Chinese won't be the way it is right now. For someone who can read Chinese, this article is very interesting. Even without such animosity because of the war, Japan had a big impact on China's modern history in many levels.
http://hi.baidu.com/140522/item/dddac7cb96a8f53699b4984b

Also if you also noticed that most Chinese always think highly of Germany. The thing about Japan is that during its Meiji restoration, most of their systems either economical or political were modeled after Germany's. So in a way people have to wonder why after Meiji restoration Japan could transform itself from a backward country to a world power in short 50 years while China was still in chaos at that period of time.

Thank you for some new information. I think most East Asian countries that developed/industrialized rapidly followed Japan to some extent. Taiwan and Korea, I think, credit a lot of their rapid development to this 'keeping up with the Japanese' mentality, especially in Taiwan, which was heavily influenced by Japan during 1930s or 1940s. Even though films can not be taken as a substitute for reality, I remember "Chen Zhen" (Jet Li) learning Mechanical Engineering (probably) in Japan.That probably tells us in a better way how Chinese think about modern day Japan, both because of some historical issues of 1930s and 1940s, and also due to rapid development and industrialization in modern times.

Nothing is impossible to a willing mind。plz search "MarkRowswell" in youtube,his chinese name is "dashan",and "ERIC SHEPHERD",they speak Mandarin Chinese better than most chinese

Thanks bro and kudos to you in starting this thread!

Back
Top Bottom