What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

From where does the word ''China'' originated?

Does the word ''China'' has meaning?

I mean most of Chinese history talk about Middle kingdom n different dynasties only.....

Why do Chinese people say Sino-India or Sino-Pak relations n not China-India or China-Pak relations???:what:

It consists of 2 characters, one means middle the other means country thus middle kingdom

The word "China" is derived from Persian Cin (چین). It is first recorded in 1516 in the journal of Portuguese explorer Duarte Barbosa.[29] The word appears in English in a translation published in 1555.[30] The Persian word is, in turn, derived from the Sanskrit word Cīna (चीन),[31] which was used as a name for China as early as AD 150.[32] There are various scholarly theories regarding the origin of this word. The traditional theory, proposed in the 17th century by Martino Martini, is that "China" is derived from "Qin" (秦), the westernmost of the Chinese kingdoms during the Zhou Dynasty, or from the succeeding Qin Dynasty (221–206 BC).[33] The word Cīna is used in two Hindu scriptures – the Mahābhārata of the 5th century BC and the Laws of Manu of the 2nd century BC – to refer to a country located in the Tibetan-Burman borderlands east of India.[34][35]

In China, common names for the country include Zhōngguó (Chinese: 中国; literally "the Central State(s)") and Zhōnghuá (Chinese: 中华), although the country's official name has been changed numerous times by successive dynasties and modern governments. The term Zhongguo appeared in various ancient texts, such as the Classic of History of the 6th century BC,[36] and in pre-imperial times it was often used as a cultural concept to distinguish the Huaxia from the barbarians. The term, which can be either singular or plural, referred to the group of states in the central plain. It was only in the nineteenth century that the term emerged as the formal name of the country. The Chinese were not unique in regarding their country as "central", since other civilizations had the same view.[37]

Senkaku/Diaoyu islands:

Let´s assume Japan recognises there is an island dispute (that is one the demands China requests from Japan). What is China´s stance in the negotiation? I don´t think that Japan is willing to cede all of the islets back to China.

Be realistic.

Senkaku/Diaoyu islands:

Let´s assume Japan recognises there is an island dispute (that is one the demands China requests from Japan). What is China´s stance in the negotiation? I don´t think that Japan is willing to cede all of the islets back to China.

Be realistic.

you had experience of posting SCS related comments above why do something similar again?

There is no Chinese government that dare to let diaoyu islands out of China's territories.

Senkaku/Diaoyu islands:

Be realistic.

After Hamas took control recently, I do not think Chinese government now is a fan for those Palestinians.

China now has a wide range of cooperation with Israel even though we fully understand the close relationship between Israel and U.S. However, there is still a lot for China to learn from Israel and the cooperation will keep going for more and longer.

China does not agree with Israel's settlement expansion policy and indeed hope a two-state solution can be achieved sooner than later since ever-lasting peace there should be good for everybody.

China definitely does not support those islam fundamentalists who want to erase Israel from earth and indeed thinks those fxxkers are either brain dead or drop-dead crazy.

With Saudi???

Purely business. What can China learn from that backward culture??? How to train your citizens to become OBL?
Q1: How Chinese look at the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and the Middle East in General?

Q2: How Chinese look at the relations with Saudi Arabia ?

For educated Chinese, I do not think many really support those hamas-supporting palestinians. On the contrary, most educated Chinese have a much positive feeling towards Jewish people due to similar appreciation of family, knowledge, long history and brilliance and etc.

1. USA likes to depress and blame China, for normal Chinese, maybe they have no idea about Middle East, for people interested in politics, they tend to support Palestin and Muslim rather than Isrial.
2. Complicated, Saudi is an America ally, but in our history text book, it is recorded that China has a good relation with Arab countries. prophet muhammad used to say "Seek for knowledge as far as China." I am very confused why Saudi is so close to USA, Can you answer me ?

Similar to Chrismas, stay with family, visit friends, send some gifts, usually we give real money to kids in a small red pack.

You put a China flag there and you ask this type of brain-dead question???

China has controlled Tibet for more than 500 years. Each dalai lama has to be approved by central government before he can be officially called dalai lama. His power comes from central government. Without central government approval, if dalai lama did anything against the central government, Chinese government can remove one and replace with another one.

In history, at least two dalai lama were removed and replaced with two new dalai lama.

Your idiocy is really beyond understand.

China can give up control of Tibet if all the europe settlers can get the heck out of North, Central and South America, give their lands back to the indians. All the whites in Australia, New Zealand can get their buts back to europe and give the lands back to the real locals.

What an idiot.

I am wondering when our Chinese gov stop colonising Tibet and retreat its troops back to China.

There is zero possibility China will accept that 1, 3, 5.

Due to my limited knowledge, China made a proposal which cannot be accepted by us. We can agree on cooperations in tapping oil/gas resources, but we cannot share the view of China that it insists on sovereignty over the entire SCS!

I think a possible solution may be as follows - my 10-point-"peace plan":
- based on the current status quo
- based on the international laws
- based on Code of conducts
- based on common sense
- based on the wish of both sides wanting a peaceful solution

Here is the plan:

1# China accepts VN´s sovereignty of 200 nautical miles off coast of Vietnam (EEZ).
2# Vietnam accepts China´s sovereignty over Paracel Islands and adjacent waters up to 15 nautical miles.
3# China accepts VN´s sovereignty over the currently occupied islands of Spratlys and adjacent waters up to 15 nautical miles.
4# Vietnam accepts China´s sovereignty over the currently occupied islands of Spratlys and adjacent waters up to 15 nautical miles.
5# The South China Sea will be divided into two halfs (see image - the line below Paracels): China controls the north part, Vietnam the south part.

scs_II.map.gif

6# Vietnam and China guarantee freedom of navigation to all nations.
7# Vietnam and China agree on jointed development in the SCS exluding the 4 parts under 1-4, we share profits.
8# Vietnam and China keep agreements secret for 50 years to avoid nationalistic sentiment.
9# Vietnam and China agree on jointed patrol and military drills at the common sea border at regulary basis.
10# Vietnam and China agree on a friendship treaty for 50 years.

I believe Vietnam can live with this. How about China?

We have an official language called Chinese. English is just used for certain business dealing with those from english-spoken countries. Nobody speaks English normally for daily normal life.

For cantonese, it is just a very small percentage. Majority speak standard Chinese.

Are you not speaking the very language of the west that you criticize a whole nation for speaking? English was chosen as a national language because India is a continent. Not everyone in India wants to speak Hindi as not everyone in China wants to speak Cantonese.

why don't you fxxk yourself and you will find out.

Where does China end and the rest of the world begin?

People in China always know how to do business. China has been the No.1 richest country in the world for thousands of years. U.S.'s rise to No. 1 is just for about a little over 100 years while China was under western invasions, civil wars and etc. So there is nothing to be surprised that China will take back the No.1 very soon again.

As for secrets???

As long as governments take their hands off the people, do not issue stupid policies. That should be fine.
That means you can earn most of the money at economic hubs.
Though my original question was - in general - how China has achieved such an income niveau within a short period of time? What are your secrets? diligence, hard work, etc...

Georgia now is a separate country and Russia is another one.

Taiwan is not a separate country. Ask your president and see what is Egypt's official stance on that issue: Taiwan is part of China.

If Taiwan dare to declare independence, China will reclaim it right away by war.

If not, China will reclaim it anyway but may not need to be right away.

in china are you worried about the high number of population and what it would be like in 50 years ?
is a military action in taiwan possible like what happened in georgia by russia ?

Your government consider Tibet an integrate part of China but think South Tibet is not???

Do you understand South Tibet is an integrate part of Tibet and some dalai lama was born there as well?

Historically, dalai lama was always selected within areas Tibet controlled. I do not think any dalai lama (except the current pig who think everyone giving it money is his mom or dad) would have selected anyone born in india's territory.

I think the british really taught you well how to shamelessly steal other's land.

I want to answer this question

I will give up aksai chin but not sorthen tibet
Reason
It does not have any natural resources & has more statergic value for bejing rather than new delhi
Will extract as much as from chinease as i can

"CPC did well from 50s to 70s" means CPC severely crushed those islam religious fundamentalists/separatists.

My impression is that the Chinese have a mixed feeling towards the Japanese:

a) hatred/dis-likeness. The Japanese killed millions of Chinese during their WWII atrocities. Many families were vanished or broken apart forever. One of my remote uncles was killed by a Japanese Bomber when he was only in his early teens. OK, past is past. The problem is the Japanese never apologized for their crimes committed against the Chinese. Unlike the Germany whose leaders keep apologizing all over the place whenever there is a chance, instead the Japanese keep worshiping their war criminals in their military temples; keep claiming that they did not invade China but "entered" China; keep modifying their textbooks, telling their youngsters they did not commit crimes in China; keep denying Nanking massacre.... All those sorts of evil behavior cause many Chinese (and the people of Japan's other neighbor countries) fear that if the Japanese can whitewash their crimes they can also launch yet another invasion, bringing the Asian yet more disasters.

b) respect. The Japanese are very disciplined with collective spirits, emphasizing education and contribution. Even being defeated, yet they rose faster and make themselves again an economic shinning start in Asia. Their products: cars, electronics (used to be), etc. are the best. The neatness of their cities, the respect their show to themselves... The Chinese are learning from them as well as get helped from them.

BTW, I am in China now, in the days where anti-Japanese activities are everywhere. I traveled with a group of Japanese (3-5 people) from Beijing to Hangzhou. They have their passport publicly shown and nobody attempts to harass them. I did read that in some places the Japanese were harassed, but, hey, China is so big and there are 1.3 billion brains and 1.3 thoughts.

"only Uighur want to separate"

I guess either you haven't though carefully before writing your sentences or your religion propensity compromised your judgment.

Haven't you heard a crowd of Tibetans in India want an independent Tibet?

Haven't you heard a crowd in Taiwan want an independent Taiwan?

Haven't you heard from our hilarious Vietnamese friends showing Manchurian (NE China) independent movement? :lol:

Uighur independence is a complex issue. It is about cultural difference; it is about the definition and practice of autonomy; it is about equal and preferential treatment; more than anything else it is about global geopolitik. It is about almost everything but religion.

My gut feeling is that Chinese central government should do more to equally treat the Uighur and the rest of the Chinese by revoking some of the preferential policies towards the Uighur. Meanwhile CPC should provide more education tailored to Uighur's needs. I remember there is a Chinese proverb: teaching them fishing rather than feeding them with fishes.

Again secularism and cultural contact (not cultural isolation) are the only ways to harmonize the Chinese society. CPC did well from 50s to 70s, but didn't do so well in recent 30 years.

Along our North borders, the russians stole about 1/3 current size of China during the time China was under foreign invasions after those opium wars.

Why chinese disrepect russians here? ...

even after knowing their contribution in chinese weapons and other military stuff :D

Union is unlikely but friendly country relationship definitely is possible. We have been having good relationship for most of the past history (except the 1962 after those british left???), haven't we?

I do have a question brothers. How do you feel about a union between India and China to form a power that can singlehandedly defeat the imperialistic westerners?

Back
Top Bottom