What's new

Do you have any questions about China?

Impressions of another race or nationality doesn't form due to ignorance, they're formed usually due to people-people contacts, news, rumors, educations, similarities, history etc. That's is actually what I am curious of.
This is why I think most people in china has little access to know about India. There is not a huge community of Indian expats living in China and China's news always mention little about India. India rarely becomes the topic of daily conversations for common peoples, and not to mention there is a vast gap between the cultures of both nation.

This is why I think most people in china has little access to know about India. There is not a huge community of Indian expats living in China and China's news always mention little about India. India rarely becomes the topic of daily conversations for common peoples, and not to mention there is a vast gap between the cultures of both nation.

i agree with you.
i dont watch indian films .i dont love india music.cars from US EU japan are everywhere,but no from india.i even dont need anything made in india.why should i keep an eye on news from india?
I am not trying to hurt indians and i wonder if it is the same in india

yes it is, but there is still forum rules.
do not talk about religions is one of the basic forum rules here.

Nice save! :tongue:

You know we could talk about it further, it's not a talk about religion per se, more about inter religious/ethnic cooperation or lack there of, but nevermind. Kudos for using forum rules against me xD

i agree with you.
i dont watch indian films .i dont love india music.cars from US EU japan are everywhere,but no from india.i even dont need anything made in india.why should i keep an eye on news from india?
One of my chinese frend told me, earlier they used buy lot of jaguar, but after India own it they dont. is it correct? They think that its of no pride so they are going for BMW.

About news, Indians also dont care much about chinese. Many Indians still doesnt know how is China. Like me when i reached china i was really shocked. I dont know it was my ignorance.

One of the strange and shocking moment for me in china was,

Chinese people cant understand number systems which we show in our hand.

For example, for 10 we show our 10 fingers in both the hands. But chinese people dont understand this. You guys represent 10 in only one hand. just closing all your fingers :-)

One of my chinese frend told me, earlier they used buy lot of jaguar, but after India own it they dont. is it correct? They think that its of no pride so they are going for BMW.

About news, Indians also dont care much about chinese. Many Indians still doesnt know how is China. Like me when i reached china i was really shocked. I dont know it was my ignorance.

For example, for 10 we show our 10 fingers in both the hands. But chinese people dont understand this. You guys represent 10 in only one hand. just closing all your fingers :-)
About the car it is understandable, people in china buy it because it is a British luxury car, not because it is a Jaguar. This happens to car brands that were brought by Chinese companies too.

Well, your replies didn't help me much to solve the puzzle. BTW, those PRCians might be saying/ acting on the basis of a friendly gesture. Anyhow, appreciate for your kind input.

I love India movies. They give me weird feeling that can not be exactly described. From the songs and dances, I can feel the deep tranquility inside Indian people's spirits.

I have a question for you. Do Indian nod when they say "no" and shake head when they say "yes". Opposite to us.

Forgive my ignorance,i didn't know jaguar is now owned by indians. good car
for 10,two fingers enough .
2007826223311_942.jpg

:azn: wenn i was in german, i represent 8 in one hand , and the german people think it was 2.

Mao overall is a great history figure in China but with great shortcomings as well.

Mao paved the way for the later China's fast development. For example, Mao's land reform took all the land back to the hands of government. The reason India and Pakistan still lack behind mainly is due to the fact that governments have no control over a lot of land.

Mao make Chinese stand up. That is for sure. Mao has overseen several conflicts with foreign powers by leading the Chinese army into victories, e.g. the Korean War, the China India 1962 border conflict, The China-U.S.S.R border conflict, and China's intervention in vietnam's fight over france and later U.S.

Well, about his wrongdoings, he later became an emperor like figure and totally was against what he preaches when he was young.

How do current chinese generation look as Mao Zedong. DO they still respect him compared to a person like Deng Xiaoping?

And is there any reform to their one child policy? I think it is a demographic disaster for china if they continue with it and I wish china all the best. :)

FYI, Jaguar is a long expired "Status symbol" since at least a decade ago. Their sales were plunging way before you indians took over them, come to the worst, indian cars are not known for its quality and built (do not take any offence for telling the truth please).

i agree with you.

there is always a daily staple of china in indian news...........Our media is a bit paranoid on top of that .....India looks upto what china has become...and hence media always compares india to what china has achieved. [ which is good motivation i guess] ........and to top it your ministry keeps south tibet issue alive and keeps pumping Pak Military system......

Jackie Chan is very popular here.

chinese culture nor its people are the content of the news but rather China's achievements and her ongoing actions are ....

10. 80% Chinese even don't know Pak, China and pak are friend, but not aim at against India, your enemies friend is not enemy, hope pak and India improve relations, China will not so uncomfortable, Us also provide weapons to both India and Pak
Well more than 90% of Chinese can't differentiate between Indians,Pakistanis and Bangladeshi's or Sri Lankans.

Can anyone provide links to some big Chinese defence forums.....the crazy one's :D

Forgive my ignorance,i didn't know jaguar is now owned by indians. good car
for 10,two fingers enough .
2007826223311_942.jpg

Yes using hand was so much fun while in china ......ITs so simple !!........but iam starting to frgt

yi
NI
san
si
wu
liu
chi
pa
jiu
Shi
shi yi

hmmm i think speaking i would prefer japanese ...chinese is too hard.......

Djsjs

Question : whenever i used to visit banks...i used to get confused.........Do banking system in china have different numbering system ??

I love India movies. They give me weird feeling that can not be exactly described. From the songs and dances, I can feel the deep tranquility inside Indian people's spirits.

I have a question for you. Do Indian nod when they say "no" and shake head when they say "yes". Opposite to us.

:rofl::rofl:

the chinese used to get confused with that a lot !!!
I dont know how it came into indian way......Instead of bobbing head up and down to Nod yes.....Many indian bob their head sideways !!!..............foriegners get easily confused...are we saying yes or are saying no !!1

FYI, Jaguar is a long expired "Status symbol" since at least a decade ago. Their sales were plunging way before you indians took over them, come to the worst, indian cars are not known for its quality and built (do not take any offence for telling the truth please).

I got that 15 years ago, I still don't understand why people wants to buy British car to start with as they are not known for its superb engineering. Rolls & Royce and Bentley only became good in my eyes after they were brought by BMW and VW AG which both are German companies.

Yes using hand was so much fun while in china ......ITs so simple !!........but iam starting to frgt

yi
NI
san
si
wu
liu
chi
pa
jiu
Shi
shi yi

hmmm i think speaking i would prefer japanese ...chinese is too hard.......

Djsjs

Question : whenever i used to visit banks...i used to get confused.........Do banking system in china have different numbering system ??

:rofl::rofl:

the chinese used to get confused with that a lot !!!
I dont know how it came into indian way......Instead of bobbing head up and down to Nod yes.....Many indian bob their head sideways !!!..............foriegners get easily confused...are we saying yes or are saying no !!1
The head nod is indeed classic.

To answer your other questions, yes in the bank they also use a different numerical system which is not even simplified or normal traditional Chinese characters that I even have problem remembering how to write them. That is I always let someone else go to the bank for me saving me some embarrassment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom