Votes: 53 61.6%
  • God but not religion

Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Athiest

Votes: 15 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting discussion. Congrats on keeping it civil!!

On a another note, Doesn't the notion of an omniscient,omnipresent god contradict the idea of free will?

Social issues, family issues, educational stress? You are implying their belief of no religion leads them to suicide? wtf?

Religion forbids suicide. At-least mine does.

Royalty, leaders, monarchs.

Like Europe in the dark ages?:cheers:

They didn't. Some cultures did and others didn't.
Again, some cultures did and others didn't. Geographical factors can also influence this.

Where was the idea from?

They didn't. As humans began discovering, their mental aptitude also improved.

How can you claim as if you were watching humans 'evolve' all the time?

If "Adam" was the first human ever, then WHY does he have a BELLY BUTTON?

Who says he does?

We don't know... yet. But your implication of "Who made it" is purely fictional. Our existence could have been spontaneous rather than from a invisible man in the 'heavens.'

We don't know yet and hence we will find out one day how the universe came out of nowhere and hence there is no God. Flawed logic there.

Don't exist. You wan't to believe they do, but sadly, they don't.

They exist. You don't want to believe they do, but sadly, they exist. See what I did there? Why don't you people ever attach any proof or reasoning to your responses?

Humans and other animals evolved according to their geographical setting. About gravity, yes. it's by coincidence. If you had any idea how huge the universe was you wouldnt doubt other planets just like ours.

Okay, so we were created by a series of almost impossible coincidences?

And this is where evolution comes in.

Then why have we not seen a single race similar to ours?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

Very interesting discussion. Congrats on keeping it civil!!

On a another note, Doesn't the notion of an omniscient,omnipresent god contradict the idea of free will?

Simple answer: God gave us free will.

You seriously believe Alladin's Jini? I thought its a part of the Arabian Nights' fairytale.

Prove me wrong but I thought atheists were supposed to be rational. And that doesn't include poking fun of other people's beliefs.

Did you watch the video or not?

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Things are not perfect in this world. You can see random things happening, earth quakes, bomb blasts, floods, bad people, good people, poor rich, intelligent, stupid, straight , homosexual etc etc ...

So you have proven that God gave us free will.

Where was the idea from?

Who says he does?

We don't know yet and hence we will find out one day how the universe came out of nowhere and hence there is no God. Flawed logic there.

They exist. You don't want to believe they do, but sadly, they exist. See what I did there? Why don't you people ever attach any proof or reasoning to your responses?

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

If god gave us free will, he doesn't know what will happen next therefore he isn't omniscient or omnipotent which contradicts the basis of abrahamic religions.

To all the people (Agnostic/Atheists) here who are saying religion is obsolete and its for the ignorant people and that God doesn't exist and that the world would be a better off without religion, i have a few questions:

1). Why do South Korea, Japan, and Sweden have the highest suicide rate even though their economy isn't suffering and the population of these countries are more atheistic/agnostic minded, aren't these countries economically prosperous? Aren't these the same countries that are "technologically" and "scientifically" advanced with less poverty and better living standards?
South Korea and Japan have very demanding societies, they expect success in studies from kids. This pressure causes nervosity and depression. In nordic countries there are many dark days, few sunny, that also causes depression.

2). Where did Ethics and Moral values come from? Did they just appear out of thin air?
Natural selection. Societies wth good ethics and morals are more successful. Society without ethics and morals would not survive.

3). How did humans decide that its inappropriate to look at a mans/woman's private area?
Licentiousness leads to STD.

4). How did humans decide that dressing up is a good thing? Where did discipline come from?
Its cold without dressing.

5). How did man decide that killing someone is wrong and that a criminal should be punished?
See reply about ethics.

6). If humans evolved from apes then how come there are still monkey's and gorillas who haven't turned into humans yet? What's preventing them from evolving into humans?
First of all this process takes hundreds of thousasnds of years, secondly we did not evolve from current apes. we have common ancestors.

7). Where does all the matter in the universe come from? Who created it?
Where god come from?

8). How do you explain Ghosts, Jinns, and miracles?
They dont exist.

9). If the Earth is here by accident or some anomaly, why is everything on Earth to human scale? Why is there just enough gravity on earth to keep us from being squashed like bugs? Is this really just "coincidence"?
Evolution adapted us to earth conditions. Besides there are trillions of planets in universe, naturally that some of them wil have fit conditions.

10). how did humans end up being the masters of every other species on Earth? Why didn’t bears or deer or trout or monkeys or tigers or dogs or squirrels develop intelligence and the ability to speak in thousands of different languages and the ability to build solid structures and the ability to civilize and the ability to master any environmental challenge?
Humans became masters because they developed brains. Had squirrels developed the brain they would post now on this forum and ask why squrrels became masters of every species on earth :lol:

Also, where did government come from?
Again, natural selection. Societies with government are more sucessful than without.

please answer my above questions!
Welcome. ;)

Did you see the video?

It was about nothing you said.

If you're gonna reply, just tell me you don't want to watch it. But your argument becomes invalid.

I watched it. it has some prophetic stuff.. just like the Hindu Vedas . But I couldn't help but notice them including polytheists along with evil doers! BTW, I have given some excerpts of the video in my previous post. I'd appreciate your reply.

I watched it. it has some prophetic stuff.. just like the Hindu Vedas . But I couldn't help but notice them including polytheists along with evil doers!

Are you sure you watched it? What was it?

BTW, I have given some excerpts of the video in my previous post. I'd appreciate your reply.

Okay, I'm going to your older post.

Prove me wrong but I thought atheists were supposed to be rational. And that doesn't include poking fun of other people's beliefs.

Did you watch the video or not?

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

So you have proven that God gave us free will.

Forgive my Sarcasm. I thought Jin isn't a part of Quran but just a part of the Arabian nights.

If God gave the free will to choose, he shouldn't hate polytheists and homosexuals. As his creation, he should love everyone equally.

okay.

Yep.

Where was the idea from?

Read. Go do some reading. I'd suggest a historical expansion of the earth.

Ancient bones tell long stories.

Who says he does?

He was a human wasn't he? Wouldn't the quran or the bible have pointed out such a flaw?

Turns out, the earth is round and the earth revolves around the sun.

Is a lion saying "Allah" on youtube considered proof to you? LOL

The Age of the Earth - The Expansion of the Universe as a Current Scientific Clock: Peter Fischer

what do u mean

No one gave us free will. We were born with it.

Quran claims Earth is flat . Earth is the center of the universe and Sun revolves around it.

Watch the video. If you don't feel like watching the video, please give me one verse of the Qur'an that supports this flat earth and center of universe theory.

It claims rain is a miracle of God and not the water cycle that we know of.

everything is a miracle of God. The Earth itself if a miracle of God. can man do it?

According to Quran, semen is produced in a person's backbone.

Old trick. Please supply me the verse. I've debunked this one 2-3 times. Please supply me one verse that says this.

Things are not perfect in this world. You can see random things happening, earth quakes, bomb blasts, floods, bad people, good people, poor rich, intelligent, stupid, straight , homosexual etc etc ...

No my friend they are ...

Earthquakes create new land mass, valleys, rivers ... (im no geologist but they are a very necessary part of earth cycles ... sorry my knowledge is limited in this .... "BUILDINGS not earthquakes that kill people if that was what you were referring to")

Other things you pointed are all result of human kind free will ... but in Islam you are only judged by the principle of Taqwa regardless of you are poor, rich, black or white .... all that live must die ... it is just your deeds that you carry with yourself to your graves ...

Where was the law and order then?

Read. Go do some reading. I'd suggest a historical expansion of the earth.

Terrible answer.

Ancient bones tell long stories.

I shall pick up a bone of an upright ape or a man with dwarfism who died 4 centuries ago and declare it an evidence for evolution. No.

He was a human wasn't he? Wouldn't the quran or the bible have pointed out such a flaw?

That is like saying that everything that isn't happening right now is impossible. Hence humans evolving from apes is impossible.

Just because I see a belly button my abdomen, does that mean Adam had one?

Turns out, the earth is round and the earth revolves around the sun.

And the Qur'an doesn't say otherwise.

Is a lion saying "Allah" on youtube considered proof to you? LOL

Who is using this as proof?

You'd rather search up youtube videos rather than open a Qur'an to disprove Islam?

relevant how?

what do u mean

Did my cow start building tall buildings?

No one gave us free will. We were born with it.

Did you just ignore what I've been saying for the last few pages?

Forgive my Sarcasm. I thought Jin isn't a part of Quran but just a part of the Arabian nights.

If God gave the free will to choose, he shouldn't hate polytheists and homosexuals. As his creation, he should love everyone equally.

With that logic, God loves all the wrong doers, criminals, murderers, rapists, etc, etc because they have freewill to choose between right and wrong. And they chose wrong.

No my friend they are ...

Earthquakes create new land mass, valleys, rivers ... (im no geologist but they are a very necessary part of earth cycles ... sorry my knowledge is limited in this .... "BUILDINGS not earthquakes that kill people if that was what you were referring to")

Other things you pointed are all result of human kind free will ... but in Islam you are only judged by the principle of Taqwa regardless of you are poor, rich, black or white .... all that live must die ... it is just your deeds that you carry with yourself to your graves ...

You prove my point. God doesn't really do anything. There is a scientific explanation for these things.

You didn't answer my question. Does Quran hold polytheists and homosexuals in bad light regardless of how kind or honest they are.

You prove my point. God doesn't really do anything. There is a scientific explanation for these things.

How do earthquakes disprove God? I think you're getting mixed up here. Just because science tells how the world works, does that mean God doesn't exist?

You didn't answer my question. Does Quran hold polytheists and homosexuals in bad light regardless of how kind or honest they are.

Regarding bolded (polytheists), only if they reject true faith for idols.

And the rest; what about a kind and honest murderer?

PS. I replied to your post. I am awaiting your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom