What's new

Do Pakistanis Regret That India did not convert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not honor. Natural reasons hoti hain. Most likely Muslim rulers were not interested in these areas. Ganga and Indus regions have higher Muslim population but areas which have water scarcity like Rajasthan and other central parts of India have lower Muslim population mtlab Muslim rulers were not interested in poor regions.

People from harsh climate are generally harder to convince to change their ways. That is why whatever transpired in 7th century Arabia is considered a miracle.

Pakistanis are themselves to be blamed for loss of East Pakistan. Pakistanis themselves say that West Pakistanis were racist towards East Pakistanis. West Pakistanis wanted East Pakistanis to learn Urdu and there was some political conflict as well with regards to representation.

Operation Searchlight didn't exactly take things in the right direction.
Wanting a part of your country to learn the official lamguage is not racism.. like its considered in south india..One province couldnt have been given a special privelge w.r.t language..

You talk about Turkic tribes and then say Pakistan ruled India. Last I checked, there are hardly any Turkics in Pakistan.

We do have some Karlogh Turkic people in Pakistan in the north and Kashmir area.
Apart from that we have a province capital Quetta that has major Hazara population who trace back to Mongols/Turkic people.

Ok, so this might be a bit of a controversial topic. The mods can close this one down if it gets out of hand. I'm just opening this one for intellectual purposes and so that Pakistanis can think about the possibilities.

The main reason for me to talk about this is that I have observed many Pakistanis talking about Muslim rule. Post Independence, there was the Kashmir dispute that is still going on to this day. Do Pakistanis think that if the whole of India would have been converted to Islam like them by the Turks, Afghans, Uzbeks, etc, that there wouldn't have been any Kashmir headache for them? Do you guys feel that the invaders should have been more serious about Islam and the conversion of kaffirs of the Indian subcontinent to that religion?

Would India and Pakistan still would have been separate? How would the Muslims looked at Hinduism which would have been an extinct religion by now? Would Muslims have an affinity for Hinduism like the Greeks have for the Greek philosophers and the Persians have for the pre-Islamic Persian empires?

Would Indian origin Muslims would have even risen up against foreign Muslim rule? Or would there have been just a continuation of Mughal rule? Would the Turks might have migrated in more numbers to India to consolidate their rule or spread the extent of the Ottoman empire?
Would the Indian Muslims had allowed that?
Don't know about Pakistanis but we sure regret that Indians did not accept the beneficial teachings of Islam.

There would be no sati, caste discrimination, much lesser vices like prostitution including divine temple prostitution, right wing politics, masjid demolitions etc.

There would be no India and Pakistan rivalry. One single Muslim nation superpower.

We don't have any anxiety. You needn't worry about that. Everyone knows who the major power has been in India for atleast 300 years.

Most of the educated elite fighting against the Britishers were Hindus. Heck, the major party for Independence was headed by Hindus.

We have been consistently progressive for so many years now. It actually helps us when you are stuck in your ideology.

I just hope India doesn't get stuck in its ideology.

Tell me about migrants from other states in Maharashtra and if there is communal tensions seeing non Marathas there?

People converted to Islam because Hinduism was an inherently discriminatory system which forcibly divided people into a caste system based on vertical hierarchy.

Islam offered social, economic equity and political freedoms. Anyone could bear a sword, he didn't have to belong to a marshal caste. They could inter marry. Low castes who were considered dirty and couldn't enter Hindu temples, suddenly found themselves leading muslim prayers as imams, that too when Muslims were a global superpower.

The rest of India did not convert, which proves that Muslim rulers didn't force the conversion upon them.
This sanitised view is full of loopholes. Unfortunately.

Duh. You must be kidding. The first thing Muslim invaders did was to destroy Hindu temples.
There is hardly any temple left in North India which is more than 400 years old as they are all destroyed. You wont find an old Hindu temple in Delhi which isn't damaged or destroyed.

sample this :
Here is the Persian historian Vassaf relating with elation the reduction of Cambay in Gujarat by the forces of Alauddin Khilji:

" The Muhammadan forces began to kill and slaughter on the right and on the left unmercifully, through the impure land, for the sake of Islam, and blood flowed in ********. They plundered gold and silver to an extent greater than can be conceived … They took captive a great number of handsome and elegant maidens, amounting to 20,000, and children of both sexes, more than the pen can enumerate … In short, the Muhammadan army brought the country to utter ruin, and destroyed the lives of the inhabitants, and plundered the cities, and captured their offspring, so that many temples were deserted and the idols were broken and trodden under foot, the largest of which was one called Somnat, fixed upon stone, polished like a mirror, of charming shape and admirable workmanship. The Muhammadan soldiers plundered all those jewels and rapidly set themselves to demolish the idol. The surviving infidels were deeply affected with grief, and they engaged to pay a thousand pieces of gold as ransom for the idol, but they were indignantly rejected, and the idol was destroyed, and its limbs, which were anointed with ambergris and perfumed, were cut off. The fragments were conveyed to Delhi, and the entrance of the Jama Masjid was paved with them, that people might remember and talk of this brilliant victory. ‘Praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds, Amen! "

Lol, dude Hindu temples were destroyed as a sign of conquest....not to force Hindus to convert en mass. Even Hindu kings destroyed Hindu temples after conquering other Hindu kingdoms. How conveniently you forget that :lol: It was the norm back then. Stop crying.

The *primary* reason why Islam spread across the world (and in India) is NOT 'forced conversion'....Serious scholars laugh at this notion. It were mainly social reasons that facilitated Islamic spread. Again, see it for yourself. Bernard Lewis is probably the most famous Middle-Eastern historian of late 20th century. He writes

EWfDgJ6X0AIQA-T

EWfDlpWXgAwr_3B

They are not harder. What would someone get from a dessert? And yes it's difficult for government to control areas with difficult terrain

Dude the Indian dessert is full of life and gold.

Even a kid in Kabul knows this even today as he works the barren land for meager earnings

Lol, you do realize even Hindus destroyed Hindu Temples when they conquered other Hindu Kings territory? It was the norm back then. Stop crying.

I gave you actual expert historians who debunked your 'forced conversions' myths. Now that you have nothing else to say, you keep blabbering. Stop quoting me unless you have a counter to these historical facts written by non-Muslim, neutral, Western historians

EWfDgJ6X0AIQA-T

EWfDlpWXgAwr_3B
I dony why you are arguing and wasting your energy with two hindus.
They already set their minds against Muslims.
They are arguing for sake of just arguing.dont wate your energy on these hard core Muslims hatters islamophobes during fast.
They are brain dead zombies who already filled thier minds with Muslim hatred.
They will not tell you how they hindus uprooted bhudism from present day India.if Muslims apply same formula the past there would be no hindu left.

They will not tell you how they hindus uprooted bhudism from present day India.if Muslims apply same formula the past there would be no hindu left.
Ideally, Hinduism like any other criminal enterprise SHOULD have been wiped out.

Not Hindus, they are trapped in a mafia like society.

The fragments were conveyed to Delhi, and the entrance of the Jama Masjid was paved with them, that people might remember and talk of this brilliant victory. ‘Praise be to God, the Lord of the worlds, Amen! "
Like he said. Praise be to God, Lord of the worlds, Ameen.

I dony why you are arguing and wasting your energy with two hindus.
They already set their minds against Muslims.
They are arguing for sake of just arguing.dont wate your energy on these hard core Muslims hatters islamophobes during fast.
They are brain dead zombies who already filled thier minds with Muslim hatred.

You are right. But I feel that a lot of Pakistanis aren't well-versed in these things so they might get influenced. I am just correcting the facts for the unseen audience. I don't care about these inferiority-complex stricken losers of history crying about "but Thousands of Hindu Temples were destroyed by Muslims :cry::cry:"

Lol, like its 2020....and they still stuck in 1300's lol.

Bulgaria, Balkans, and so many other territories didn't convert to Islam even after staying under Muslim rule for centuries.

Unlike Christians, Muslims did not impose Islam and forcefully converted people. So we don't care whether India converted or not. Its Hindus' self mental-masturbation where they think that Hindus "resisted" Muslims and didn't "convert" :lol: (Even though there wasn't any effort to convert 100% Hindus to Islam).

Seeing the history of complete and total domination/Humiliation of Hindus at the hands of superior Muslims---Hindus invent such narratives to feel less embarrassed about their history of defeats and losses.

The post below is one such effort, IMO. No Turk thinks "Oh we should have converted entire Greece/Bulgaria to Islam"....Similarly, no Pakistani ever thinks that all of India should have converted to islam.

We don't care either ways
This view, unfortunately, has many loopholes.

I can elaborate.

your views are good and good counterpoints to Hindus, but one with historical insight will puncture them.

This view, unfortunately, has many loopholes.

I can elaborate.

your views are good and good counterpoints to Hindus, but one with historical insight will puncture them.

You are welcome to put forth your counters to my views and your own insights etc. I welcome discussion :)

It's sparsely populated area. Economy of that time was agricultural. Areas with water were wealthiest people from these sparsely populated area are settling close to rivers since centuries.

They had water back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom