What's new

Do Pakistanis like America?

I think there is a huge misconception in a sense that people think that the hate is directed towards common American People which is completely untrue - It's totally towards the foreign policy of USA.I disagree with many policies of USA (I don't hate Americans - In fact I think they are the some of the nicest people i have spoken with compared to other countries) If i had to immigrate to any country it would be America or Canada due to great justice system and freedom of speech and the fact that these countries are very liberal (Diverse Ethnic Groups exist peacefully).However criticizing the government of USA does not make anyone anti American Even Patriotic American People like Ron Paul or Eric Margolis criticize America.It's just that Indians tend to take the conservative neo con side and become more American then Americans themselves ( Not talking about NRI Indians (they can defend America as much as they want as they after all citizens of America - here but Citizens of India i would call them bootlickers :D).

if the US was handing out 'free' green-cards say tomorrow at the US embassy in ISLD, you can imagine the 'riot' it will create as pakistanis line up to get them - herein lies the answer!

Well they have every right. All Americans were once immigrants. U.S. is the land of immigrants. The only natives are Red Indians and they make only 1% of U.S. population. No Native American is in government.

I think there is a huge misconception in a sense that people think that the hate is directed towards common American People which is completely untrue - It's totally towards the foreign policy of USA.I disagree with many policies of USA (I don't hate Americans - In fact I think they are the some of the nicest people i have spoken with compared to other countries) If i had to immigrate to any country it would be America or Canada due to great justice system and freedom of speech and the fact that these countries are very liberal (Diverse Ethnic Groups exist peacefully).However criticizing the government of USA does not make anyone anti American Even Patriotic American People like Ron Paul or Eric Margolis criticize America.It's just that Indians tend to take the conservative neo con side and become more American then Americans themselves ( NOt talking about NRI Indians here but citizens of INdia).
you really are clueless regarding how things works.Americans whom u seem to say so are nicest people will never elect ron paul but will gladly re elect bush who started war on terror. I think u r being a hypocrite

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 PM ----------

Well they have every right. All Americans were once immigrants. U.S. is the land of immigrants. The only natives are Red Indians and they make only 1% of U.S. population. No Native American is in government.

That is not true in present context since the first people who immigrated decide who can immigrate now....just like it is with india and pakistan

That is not true in present context since the first people who immigrated decide who can immigrate now....just like it is with india and pakistan

They are all children of immigrants. Talk to Americans, they will tell you how their great grandfather came on a boat from a European country. Stop trying to lick white a$$. There is nothing special about the government of U.S. but the land is awesome. Also not all Americans are bad, some are racist, most hate crimes have happened to Indians more than Pakistanis since 9/11 :D

I think there is a huge misconception in a sense that people think that the hate is directed towards common American People which is completely untrue - It's totally towards the foreign policy of USA.I disagree with many policies of USA (I don't hate Americans - In fact I think they are the some of the nicest people i have spoken with compared to other countries) If i had to immigrate to any country it would be America or Canada due to great justice system and freedom of speech and the fact that these countries are very liberal (Diverse Ethnic Groups exist peacefully).However criticizing the government of USA does not make anyone anti American Even Patriotic American People like Ron Paul or Eric Margolis criticize America.It's just that Indians tend to take the conservative neo con side and become more American then Americans themselves ( Not talking about NRI Indians (they can defend America as much as they want as they after all citizens of America - here but Citizens of India i would call them bootlickers :D).

so let us understand this - after getting pounded by drones, your military shot and killed by Americans, being called terrorist sponsor and promoter - you still profess to want to live/ immigrate to the US? BUT yet you called Indians above "bootlickers"... hmmm. you basically espoused the Zadari doctrine...a different kind of 10% percent integrity.:hang2:

I have heard this thing about the Red Indians being the original inhabitants of US from too many Pakistanis.

While this is true, the same is true of many other parts of the world.

Pakistan itself was a wholly Dharmic country before the Islamic invasions. Turkey was the seat of the East Roman holy empire.

The current lot of Pakistanis (or Indians or any other immigrants) go to USA because the liberal and welcoming policies of the current US government and people.

And some of them proceed to abuse the same while enjoying the benefits (biting the hand that feeds them), calling them crusaders and enjoying their deaths.

However much they may justify themselves, such people are beneath contempt.

Of which ideology plays a most powerful role in making those practical reasons attractive to immigrate. :lol:

Practical reasons = money. No one immigrates to Saudi Arabia because they believe absolute monarchy is a great system of government.

I love the United States, its people and what its founding father's stood for. I hope to live and work there.
One has to exp the US to decide that.. Ive had a short time there and apart from the humiliation felt at the Immigration desk you are never left unwanted. Suburb in Florida.. every neighbor sees a new face and will greet you and ask your health..I live in Islamabad and rarely see my next door neighbor even look at me. I have not encountered any anti-Islam sentiment.. or otherwise..
More of a dont ask , dont care attitude.. your humanity is what matters.
Ive been told that places like Dallas and the old confederate states are a little less conservative.. but did not find anything on my visit to UT Austin..
Hopefully in a few months I may end up moving to the US.. perhaps my impression may change.. or it may not.
Currently.. I like the US, and would want all its positives to remain in this world.

I hate all institutions of the United states that decide on foreign policy and give the feedback to the people
They are responsible for the mess the world is in today. I hate the gullibility of its people, they need to step out of their massive Island and know the world.

so let us understand this - after getting pounded by drones, your military shot and killed by Americans, being called terrorist sponsor and promoter - you still profess to want to live/ immigrate to the US? BUT yet you called Indians above "bootlickers"... hmmm. you basically espoused the Zadari doctrine...a different kind of 10% percent integrity.:hang2:
]
Which part of "If i had to immigrate to any country" you didn't understand?It is hypothetical scenario .I have no reasons to immigrate.Just telling you the reason why people immigrate to US.Just because i am Pakistani does not mean i defend everything Pakistan does - I've been critical of Pakistan's Policies in the past (if you check my previous threads) but of course there are pure bootlickers who see only positive things about a country under the guise of patriotism.You see people like you would probably call Ron Paul Traitor..Are you not the same guy who criticized a Chinese dude for being proud of his Chinese Identity?I understand that you might be ashamed of your Indian Ancestor but not everyone is a bootlicker like you.

I have heard this thing about the Red Indians being the original inhabitants of US from too many Pakistanis.

Its a fact. Read history. Even Americans admit that they stole land from Red Indians (Native Americans) and were cruel to them.

Only U.S. and Israel.

Pakistan itself was a wholly Dharmic country before the Islamic invasions. Turkey was the seat of the East Roman holy empire.

It doesn't matter what Religion our ancestors believed in thousands of years ago. Most Pakistanis are the original inhabitants of the land of Pakistan. Only 7% of Pakistan's population have roots in present day India. Same with Turkey, it doesn't matter what Religion they believed in thousands of years ago, they never came from a different continent like Americans and Israelis did.

The current lot of Pakistanis (or Indians or any other immigrants) go to USA because the liberal and welcoming policies of the current US government and people.

Not true. I can't speak for Indians. Pakistanis go to other countries for economic opportunities only because unfortunately in Pakistan even if you work hard its very hard for you to achieve successful life if you dont know anyone in higher position. Theres corruption and safarash predominant in Pakistan society. Most elites in Pakistan stay in Pakistan, while poor families move to other countries. Elites send their children for university in the west because western education is still the best in the world. It has nothing to be with being liberal. Most Pakistanis in Pakistan are more liberal than the Pakistanis in the west. Go to a Pakistani community in New York or London, you will see girls wearing full sleeve Shalwar Kameez, go to Lahore and Karachi girls wear jeans and sleeveless shirts.

And some of them proceed to abuse the same while enjoying the benefits (biting the hand that feeds them), calling them crusaders and enjoying their deaths.

Should we just sit and agree with every atrocity the government and army does against our people in our ancestral country? Howould you feel if U.S./NATO violated India's sovereignty and killed 28 Indian soldiers. We are not breaking the law by voicing our opinions. We pay our taxes and are honest hard working people. We also deserve freedom of speech. Even white/black/hispanic Americans are sick of this war OF terror.

However much they may justify themselves, such people are beneath contempt.

:blah: slave boy.

I have many American friends, was engaged to an American gal, some of the nicest and most sincere people you can find, but a sizable number even oppose their foreign policy.

Ia sizable number even oppose their foreign policy.
and you know Indians would probably call these people traitors or something like that (I wonder what they would think of people like noam chomsky, ron paul and other leftists.) - Even though here they like to portray themselves as liberals and leftists and yet they support Neocon/Conservative Politicians/Policies of USA.According to Indians you are liberal and leftist if you support he USA policies LOL.

Don't know about others but I love United States & i hope it will truly be indepandant democracy.

I love the United States, its people and what its founding father's stood for. I hope to live and work there.
One has to exp the US to decide that.. Ive had a short time there and apart from the humiliation felt at the Immigration desk you are never left unwanted. Suburb in Florida.. every neighbor sees a new face and will greet you and ask your health..I live in Islamabad and rarely see my next door neighbor even look at me. I have not encountered any anti-Islam sentiment.. or otherwise..
More of a dont ask , dont care attitude.. your humanity is what matters.
Ive been told that places like Dallas and the old confederate states are a little less conservative.. but did not find anything on my visit to UT Austin..
Hopefully in a few months I may end up moving to the US.. perhaps my impression may change.. or it may not.
Currently.. I like the US, and would want all its positives to remain in this world.

I hate all institutions of the United states that decide on foreign policy and give the feedback to the people
They are responsible for the mess the world is in today. I hate the gullibility of its people, they need to step out of their massive Island and know the world.

Austin! that most liberal of cities in TX. Oh man I love that city... don't forget to check out the bars and great music scene on this street where most college students hang.

Now- you can't call us nice and gullible too :). We did not ask to be terrorized and bombed in our cities... it's just you will also learn something about the US, when you come to live here.

1. very patriotic people .
2. very open hearted to diversity as long you don't bring your enclosed mindset
3. don't wake the sleeping giant and piss it off...
4. do not be seditious ... dissent yes, but if they get a whiff of you not supporting its troops and constantly talking ill about the country vs another... I'd say it be best you keep it to yourself, especially in TX.
5. Americans , majority don't want to give Pakistan aid because they furious about their sons and daughters being killed by state sponsored terrorists. i.e. don't assume any love lost for pakistan. ( i'm just telling you honestly dude).
6. 100% of americans supported OBL raid

Finally Freedom means all-- We will go out of our way, spend billions, trek half across the world to protect it... we take and do whatever it takes( legal) to keep our citizens safe. don't mistake American fatigue with afghan war with complacency. Americans want to continue the WOT but in a slightly tweaked way! i.e special forces than such large footprints...

Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto ( after pearl harbour) -- "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve"

Its a fact. Read history. Even Americans admit that they stole land from Red Indians (Native Americans) and were cruel to them.

You have a comprehension problem? I had mentioned this myself.

This doesn't give you license to move there unless they let you in through their liberal policies.

Try becoming a citizen of an Arab or any Islamic country, even Afghanistan and you will know. Only the kaffir crusaders allow you to be a full citizen, your Islamic brothers treat you worse than slaves.

Only U.S. and Israel.

Include Australia as well.

So many countries have lost their culture, religion and identity to Islamic invasions. Your own included in that large list that includes Afghanistan, Iran, Egypt, Central Asia and so on.

It doesn't matter what Religion our ancestors believed in thousands of years ago. Most Pakistanis are the original inhabitants of the land of Pakistan. Only 7% of Pakistan's population have roots in present day India. Same with Turkey, it doesn't matter what Religion they believed in thousands of years ago, they never came from a different continent like Americans and Israelis did.

Millions of Pakistanis claim to Arabs, Turks, Mughals and from all over the place. Anything but native to the land.

Most claims are fake.... Many used the partition melee to change their identity.

The religion of their ancestors does matter. Their loathing for the religion is actually self loathing. They forever need to claim to hate their past identity to prove themselves...

An endless quest. The Arabs and others still consider you second class Muslims.

Not true. I can't speak for Indians. Pakistanis go to other countries for economic opportunities only because unfortunately in Pakistan even if you work hard its very hard for you to achieve successful life if you dont know anyone in higher position. Theres corruption and safarash predominant in Pakistan society. Most elites in Pakistan stay in Pakistan, while poor families move to other countries. Elites send their children for university in the west because western education is still the best in the world. It has nothing to be with being liberal. Most Pakistanis in Pakistan are more liberal than the Pakistanis in the west. Go to a Pakistani community in New York or London, you will see girls wearing full sleeve Shalwar Kameez, go to Lahore and Karachi girls wear jeans and sleeveless shirts.

You go because they allow you.....

And its not the Pakistanis who go there who have to be liberal, it is the governments of those countries in allowing them to come in and be full citizens.

Should we just sit and agree with every atrocity the government and army does against our people in our ancestral country? Howould you feel if U.S./NATO violated India's sovereignty and killed 28 Indian soldiers. We are not breaking the law by voicing our opinions. We pay our taxes and are honest hard working people. We also deserve freedom of speech. Even white/black/hispanic Americans are sick of this war OF terror.

I know you people start using such language pretty quick once you go to these places.

However align it may be to your own culture. You hate the country that allows you, call them hated crusaders, enjoy the death of their soldiers and then claim "freedom of speech".

Funny this logic. But hey, it is working so far.

:blah: slave boy.

Describes you perfectly.

An Arab slave and a slave of never ending hate. The hate is actually self loathing if you ever think about it.

Back
Top Bottom