What's new

Do most Indians consider Bangladeshi people as 'Indians'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
While googling I found out a comment from an Indian about Bangladeshis. It really surprised me that most Indians consider Bangladeshi people as Indians.

Abhijit K Varma, Indian , IIT roorkee

My native place is in kerala and there people have a reasonably good image about bangladeshis , the reasons being :
  1. Kerala has a labour shortage in low skill sector and this is mostly filled by east Indian people (biharis , banglas , etc) and many of these east Indians come from Bangladesh .
  2. Bangal and Kerala have several similarities : rain , humidity , liking for fish , rice is staple food , usage of spices , both used to be naval-trade related regions , etc .
  3. Timid and Industrious nature of the Bangla workforce . they don't steal things like the Biharis , they make do with whatever they get .
We consider all Indians as our brethren , irrespective of their nationality , for most of us a Bangladeshi is as much of an Indian as a citizen of RoI(republic of India)

Why do Indians hate Bangladeshis more than Pakistanis even though India's arch-rival is Pakistan? - Quora

dude what type of an question is that ? the answer is in simple "Geography" , so here is your lesson for Geography one on one
its just common sense , look i am an North American as Canada is in North America , so i am an North American Regionally & a Canadian nationally , hey its Geography, & naturally i can't change it , so just like that ' Bangladesh is in the Indian Subcontinent , so you are an Indian Regionally & a Bangladeshi nationally , just like a French is a European Regionally & @ the same time a French nationally , another example , Saudis & Emirati's are both Arabs regionally , while the Saudi is a Saudi nationally & an Emirati is an Emirati nationally (citizen of the U.A.E)

Last edited:
Indians should read how and why the Nellie Massacre started in the first place back in the 80's. Indira Gandhi allowed 5 million illegal Bangladeshi's to vote in elections! Too bad your history books and media completely ignore that FACT!

Anyway, Bangla's are very Indian to me. I like them. Good ppl.

Not only Bangladeshis, but also Nepalis. They are very good at blending in.

bangladeshis are foreigners, end of story.They are not Indians and never will be. Except for few hindutavadis who want to give shelter to these aliens nobody considers bangladeshis as Indian.

While googling I found out a comment from an Indian about Bangladeshis. It really surprised me that most Indians consider Bangladeshi people as Indians.

Abhijit K Varma, Indian , IIT roorkee

My native place is in kerala and there people have a reasonably good image about bangladeshis , the reasons being :
  1. Kerala has a labour shortage in low skill sector and this is mostly filled by east Indian people (biharis , banglas , etc) and many of these east Indians come from Bangladesh .
  2. Bangal and Kerala have several similarities : rain , humidity , liking for fish , rice is staple food , usage of spices , both used to be naval-trade related regions , etc .
  3. Timid and Industrious nature of the Bangla workforce . they don't steal things like the Biharis , they make do with whatever they get .
We consider all Indians as our brethren , irrespective of their nationality , for most of us a Bangladeshi is as much of an Indian as a citizen of RoI(republic of India)

Why do Indians hate Bangladeshis more than Pakistanis even though India's arch-rival is Pakistan? - Quora

Really .??
I am also a keralite .We call them as bengalis and we wont consider the BDis as Indians.

BDis dont steal ?? funny :D
There is enough criminal cases in here against illegal BDis .
Same reason caused the cancelling of visa issues for BDis in GCC.

Why is that? That site is made to chat 8-10 people online at once as a group. Live and anonymous. Wont mention the site name here. I just went to check the Indian group. They were like 18-25 years. Very conscious about their blue blood white skin. All started to insult me as if Im Bihari, judging by skin color. Dekh dekh ek Bihari, as if Bihari is the worse kind.

well,if they tagged you as Bihari,the reason may be that you're either"annoying,uninvited and unwanted" or really "dumb and audacious".we bengalis use a term for the second kind,"Hubba"..Don't mind.

It is a fact that bihar has got a bad reputation.If bjp loses today people will blame the people of bihar even more.

Bihar is holy place and its the land of Gautama Buddha and its even called Bihar Sharif and even Nalanda is there .

upload_2015-11-8_9-51-25.jpeg

Nalanda_University_India_ruins.jpg

Bihar is holy place and its the land of Gautama Buddha and its even called Bihar Sharif and even Nalanda is there .

That is past history, present bihar is laloo yadav and even biharis take offense if they are called bihari.

Bodh Gaya is associated with the enlightenment of Lord Buddha (566-486 B.C.). The sacred Bodhi tree

That is past history, present bihar is laloo yadav and even biharis take offense if they are called bihari.

Its ancient city of India , Maghada

upload_2015-11-8_10-0-47.jpeg

As a Citizen or on a Political level , No .:D

As South Asians ( On social level ) , Yes but I heard they trace themselves to Central Asians .o_O

As Race :devil:and that doesn't make me racist , They may be similar to Indians .

Do you have any doubts ?

Bihar_polls_2600244f.jpg

As a Citizen or on a Political level , No .:D

As South Asians ( On social level ) , Yes but I heard they trace themselves to Central Asians .o_O

As Race :devil:and that doesn't make me racist , They may be similar to Indians .

Hey dont go, so much deeper .

Think in term of citizenship .

Calling Indian citizen as Bangladeshi doesnt make that Indian citizen a Bangladeshi.

We cast vote because we are in records and we travel aboard as Indian citizens.

Do you have any doubts ?

Bihar_polls_2600244f.jpg

Hey dont go, so much deeper .

Think in term of citizenship .

Calling Indian citizen as Bangladeshi doesnt make that Indian citizen a Bangladeshi.

We cast vote because we are in records and we travel aboard as Indian citizens.

I had a question on citizenship in my paper this year and I have forgotten some points about what makes a person living in India an Indian citizen . Not everyone living in India is Citizen of India .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom