What's new

Do most Indians consider Bangladeshi people as 'Indians'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riyad

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
While googling I found out a comment from an Indian about Bangladeshis. It really surprised me that most Indians consider Bangladeshi people as Indians.

Abhijit K Varma, Indian , IIT roorkee

My native place is in kerala and there people have a reasonably good image about bangladeshis , the reasons being :
  1. Kerala has a labour shortage in low skill sector and this is mostly filled by east Indian people (biharis , banglas , etc) and many of these east Indians come from Bangladesh .
  2. Bangal and Kerala have several similarities : rain , humidity , liking for fish , rice is staple food , usage of spices , both used to be naval-trade related regions , etc .
  3. Timid and Industrious nature of the Bangla workforce . they don't steal things like the Biharis , they make do with whatever they get .
We consider all Indians as our brethren , irrespective of their nationality , for most of us a Bangladeshi is as much of an Indian as a citizen of RoI(republic of India)

Why do Indians hate Bangladeshis more than Pakistanis even though India's arch-rival is Pakistan? - Quora

Last edited:
I hope not.........totally different people.......apart from skin colour.

While googling I found out a comment from an Indian about Bangladeshis. It really surprised me that most Indians consider Bangladeshi people as Indians.

My native place is in kerala and there people have a reasonably good image about bangladeshis , the reasons being :
  1. Kerala has a labour shortage in low skill sector and this is mostly filled by east Indian people (biharis , banglas , etc) and many of these east Indians come from Bangladesh .
  2. Bangal and Kerala have several similarities : rain , humidity , liking for fish , rice is staple food , usage of spices , both used to be naval-trade related regions , etc .
  3. Timid and Industrious nature of the Bangla workforce . they don't steal things like the Biharis , they make do with whatever they get .
We consider all Indians as our brethren , irrespective of their nationality , for most of us a Bangladeshi is as much of an Indian as a citizen of RoI(republic of India)

Why do Indians hate Bangladeshis more than Pakistanis even though India's arch-rival is Pakistan? - Quora
India is too big a country to give an yes or no answer...the real answer is many Indians don't know that there is a country called Bangladesh..and some people who have heard the name of Bangladesh don't know bangla is spoken there..so they can't form any relation to it..and the few people who know it was once part of Bengal don't love or hate it..I mean to say they don't consider it as India...it is just indifference .I can't speak for Bengal is though..but many Indians don't think about Bangladesh.

PS:Many Indians consider Pakistan,Afghanistan and Sri Lanka as part of India. They don't have any love for those any countries but genuinely believe all those countries were once part of India.

As citizens of India - No

As brotherly people of same race/culture - Yes

Do people hate Bangladeshis - No (may be limited to some regions of North East)

Do people have positive feelings - Yes (as hard working people)

Most Indians dont consider themselves as Indians why would they consider Bangladeshis as Indian? Recently I sneaked into an online Indian teenager gathering, by my avatar they started bullying me as Bihari. As if Bihari is alternative to Nigga :angry:

Most Indians dont consider themselves as Indians why would they consider Bangladeshis as Indian? Recently I sneaked into an online Indian teenager gathering, by my avatar they started bullying me as Bihari. As if Bihari is alternative to Nigga :angry:
It is a fact that bihar has got a bad reputation.If bjp loses today people will blame the people of bihar even more.

That just sounds really really wrong.

Why is that? That site is made to chat 8-10 people online at once as a group. Live and anonymous. Wont mention the site name here. I just went to check the Indian group. They were like 18-25 years. Very conscious about their blue blood white skin. All started to insult me as if Im Bihari, judging by skin color. Dekh dekh ek Bihari, as if Bihari is the worse kind.

I have seen Bangladeshi polevaulters even in TN working as domestic help. What the online Indian telling was true. There are severe labour shortages in South India, and they fill it ( No offence meant. Labours are precious). The govt is turning a blind eye.

And another thing I like in a Bangladeshi is, they are moderate compared to many of the Muslim majority nations

This is a very atypical remark.

In the US people used to lump Bangladeshis as East Indians as an unofficial race. Now adays the term Desi is more prominent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom