What's new

Do India's Space Program and Mars Mission Make Sense?

You know what? If I were the PM of India and there is no sanction on you, I would push for Space Co-operation with your country, the only one who have thirst for Scientific knowledge in the whole middle East. I also like the way Iran' Space programme is carrying on in spite of your two hands being tied!!

@haman10

This people are the final losers!

For example they mocking Iran's Safir SLV!

Because of the size... But they don't know it's just a test bed for the future mammoths!

We are developing a rocket which is comparable with PSLV in A version & GSLV in B !

Then we can start cooperation :-)

But they don't answer, how a poor illiterate country as they say is able to do such a complex mission successful...
Intrestingly they do have an answere,they say that it was all done by - NASA ,taking help from world Deep space network at canberra,golstone & madrid when the sat was in a blind spot and not in reach of Indian deep space network,this for them means that MoM mission was done by NASA and all India did was nothing.rolf. You cant hepl but laugh at their excusses. Not to mention they disappear into the thin air when someone mentions about how china took help of ESA's DS Network to track down their moon mission. :lol:

Because of the size... But they don't know it's just a test bed for the future mammoths!

We are developing a rocket which is comparable with PSLV in A version & GSLV in B !

Rome wasn't built in a day brother. This is the common trait in nation who have the progressive attitude, they start somewhere no matter how small. Recently people were criticizing when India's PM announced plan for high speed railway but 20 years down the road when people are traveling from Mumbai to Delhi in few hours as opposed to days, people will think back and appreciate the bold decision taken by modi

Just ignore the mockers, like they say in the Nike Ad "Just do it". About Co-Operation...ummm.... am sorry about the sanctions. But waiting for the time to get it lifted.

Intrestingly they do have an answere,they say that it was all done by - NASA ,taking help from world Deep space network at canberra,golstone & madrid when the sat was in a blind spot and not in reach of Indian deep space network,this for them means that MoM mission was done by NASA and all India did was nothing.rolf. You cant hepl but laugh at their excusses. Not to mention they disappear into the thin air when someone mentions about how china took help of ESA's DS Network to track down their moon mission. :lol:
They understand that this is how space missions work- right? NASA itself makes use of ISRO assets and data.

Best Wishes Iran!

The constant reference to Indian poverty is quite unfair. It is human instinct to search for food, clothing and shelter first but that does not mean we should abandon our future.

Poor families will often eat less so they can buy pen and paper for the children. People recognise that alongside basic needs, every person needs hope too, otherwise what's the point of the struggle?

I am sure any Indian would spare that 5 rupees for the pride and the progress of their nation. I am sure every single Bangladeshi and Pakistani here would too - anyone who denies this is just being vindictive.

:yahoo: Well Done Indians - once again you have set a benchmark for the rest of us to beat. :yahoo:

There is an old saying "Charity starts at home". Have you ever did some thing to help poor and desperate people or just shown them your blog on their shitty situation. It will look like you are attempting to earn brownie points on misery of other people. That does not make you any better.

I you are really serious about welfare of Indians make some efforts. You being pessimist and naysayer is not helping but sounding like an hypocrite.

It's good that you are showing us mirror (turned blind eye at mess at your home) , but it will be great if you show us action you've taken to make our lives good.

Please don't be NATO ( No Action Talk Only).

@RiazHaq waiting for your reply with some actions to show that you are serious about human welfare and not attention seeker drama queen.

Antrix expects 15% rise in turnover
Contracts have been signed to launch large satellites for France, Germany and the UK

T E Narasimhan
January 6, 2014
Last Updated at 20:37 IST
Related News
Antrix Corporation Limited, the commercial arm of the Indian Space Research Organisation (Isro), said it was expecting around 15 per cent growth in turnover as more countries were using Isro’s infrastructure and expertise to launch satellites.

V S Hegde, chairman and managing director, Antrix Corporation, said in 2012-13 the corporation clocked a revenue of Rs 1,300-crore and expects about 15 per cent growth in 2014-15.

He added, Spot 7 for France, its a 712 kg weighing advanced Earth observation satellite and four other small co-passengers.

Contracts have been signed to launch large satellites for France, Germany and the UK.

Antrix Corporation is a wholly owned Government of India Company under the administrative control of the Department of Space, Government of India. Incorporated as a private limited company in September 1992, it has been a Marketing arm of Isro for promotion and commercial exploitation of space products, technical consultancy services and transfer of technologies developed by ISRO. Another major objective of the company is to facilitate development of space related industrial capabilities in India.

As the commercial and marketing arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), Antrix is engaged in providing Space products and services to international customers worldwide. It provides end to end solution for any of the space products, ranging from supply of hardware and software including simple subsystems to a complex spacecraft, for varied applications covering communications, earth observation, scientific missions and space related service including remote sensing data series, transponders lease service; launch services through the operational launch vehicles (PSLV and GSLV), Mission support services along with consultancy and training services are also offered by Antrix, according to the company officials.

Antrix expects 15% rise in turnover | Business Standard News

@RiazHaq You should know that our space research also EARNS MONEY for us, it is one of the most successful in the world in its commercial venture.

<mod edit> dealt with

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile, India leads the world in hunger. 7000 Indians die of hunger every day and 200 million Indians go to bed hungry every night. Hunger Facts | The Hunger Site for Facts: Bhookh.com
Riaz,i think you have already heard about an old English proverb "Grapes are sour" and i think that proverb perfectly defines your present condition.No matter how much you whine about the poverty and illiteracy rate of India it won't change the truth that India has successfully sent it's first unmanned mission to Mars while your own country is still struggling to develop a decent SLV rocket for your future space exploration....:coffee:

Only 9 pages and 70 deleted posts. Several infractions, mostly to do with insulting OP and trolling each other.

From here on, stick to the topic, if you wan't to debate this issue, debate it, don't mud sling and insult each other.

OT: Congrats to all Indian members on this wonderful achievement, I'm glad to see a South Asian country winning the Space Race. It's good for us too. :tup:

What is up with the negative tone of the article? Is it me or is this an example of crab mentality? I commend the Indian Nation's yearning of the Space Age. Let them yearn, let the spirit of the youth and future scientists spur more development.

Good Luck, India !

Only 9 pages and 70 deleted posts. Several infractions, mostly to do with insulting OP and trolling each other.

From here on, stick to the topic, if you wan't to debate this issue, debate it, don't mud sling and insult each other.

OT: Congrats to all Indian members on this wonderful achievement, I'm glad to see a South Asian country winning the Space Race. It's good for us too. :tup:

Amen, Sir !

Soon, it will be Pakistan to do the same.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom