What's new

Modi Co-opting Chandrayaan-3 Success For Hindutva Propaganda?

Nayini Anurag Reddy
@NAR_Handle
- India lands on the Moon, #Modi appears on the screen.
- #Players win medals, Modi's smiling picture on a banner.
- Students return from #Ukraine, Modi takes credit.
- Indians get #Vaccination, Modi's picture on the certificate.
- #Army does its job, Modi politicises it.

On the other side, Manipur burns, but he remains silent. Demonetisation fails, he disappears. Farmers die in protests, he doesn't care. The value of the Rupee falls, he runs away. Prices of essential fuels rise, he acts unbothered.

Nayini Anurag Reddy
@NAR_Handle
- India lands on the Moon, #Modi appears on the screen.
- #Players win medals, Modi's smiling picture on a banner.
- Students return from #Ukraine, Modi takes credit.
- Indians get #Vaccination, Modi's picture on the certificate.
- #Army does its job, Modi politicises it.

On the other side, Manipur burns, but he remains silent. Demonetisation fails, he disappears. Farmers die in protests, he doesn't care. The value of the Rupee falls, he runs away. Prices of essential fuels rise, he acts unbothered.

Poor @RiazHaq ran out of burnol. He should have ordered more

Poor @RiazHaq ran out of burnol. He should have ordered more

@RiazHaq has a lot of qualities, but jealousy is probably the least of his concerns.

Most people here wont know him much beyond his occasional self promotion. But this guy has made trolling and baiting into an actual career.

This is a guy who has essentially made an entire career out of publishing opinion pieces masquerading as research that are essentially the defense world equivalent of page 3 trash in a British tabloid. These "articles" propelled him from an obscure writer with limited Analytical content to becoming a tv personality with presence on atleast one pakistani news channel. You have to give him that. Say what you want about him, he turned pdf trolling into a profitable venture. Almost admirable.

And yes, before anyone thinks he is rage baiting Indians, he really is living his life by selling his prescription to his fellow Pakistanis. Is he intentionally misleading Pakistanis? I am not sure. Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by Stupidity.

A long time back (2014) I was in discussion with a senior economist from Pakistan, and I was asked what I thought differentiated India from Pakistan. I remarked, at a fundamental level, the major difference I can find is the shocking lack of unbiased research and analysis in mainstream Pakistan institutions - including academia but also in policy making circles. Nobody ever seemed to get this part right in pakistan. From scholars to analysts to general.Even Ayesha Siddiqui and Haqqani are fundamentally biased in their scholarship. If the core basis of your decision making was fundamentally biased, you were never going to make the correct decisions. You had essentially swallowed your own propaganda.

I had then remarked that in a difference between perception and reality, reality will lose. But perception has an uncanny way of eventually catch up with reality.

If anything, the refusal to look at reality for what it is, and the willingness to accept at face value the opinions and analysis of people like @RiazHaq with motivated agendas is why Pakistan is where it is.

But yes, @RiazHaq is a very interesting person. He did make baiting into a sustainable career long before any of the established polemics in pakistan and India found fame and glory in media.

@RiazHaq has a lot of qualities, but jealousy is probably the least of his concerns.

Most people here wont know him much beyond his occasional self promotion. But this guy has made trolling and baiting into an actual career.

This is a guy who has essentially made an entire career out of publishing opinion pieces masquerading as research that are essentially the defense world equivalent of page 3 trash in a British tabloid. These "articles" propelled him from an obscure writer with limited Analytical content to becoming a tv personality with presence on atleast one pakistani news channel. You have to give him that. Say what you want about him, he turned pdf trolling into a profitable venture. Almost admirable.

And yes, before anyone thinks he is rage baiting Indians, he really is living his life by selling his prescription to his fellow Pakistanis. Is he intentionally misleading Pakistanis? I am not sure. Never attribute to malice what can adequately be explained by Stupidity.

A long time back (2014) I was in discussion with a senior economist from Pakistan, and I was asked what I thought differentiated India from Pakistan. I remarked, at a fundamental level, the major difference I can find is the shocking lack of unbiased research and analysis in mainstream Pakistan institutions - including academia but also in policy making circles. Nobody ever seemed to get this part right in pakistan. From scholars to analysts to general.Even Ayesha Siddiqui and Haqqani are fundamentally biased in their scholarship. If the core basis of your decision making was fundamentally biased, you were never going to make the correct decisions. You had essentially swallowed your own propaganda.

I had then remarked that in a difference between perception and reality, reality will lose. But perception has an uncanny way of eventually catch up with reality.

If anything, the refusal to look at reality for what it is, and the willingness to accept at face value the opinions and analysis of people like @RiazHaq with motivated agendas is why Pakistan is where it is.

But yes, @RiazHaq is a very interesting person. He did make baiting into a sustainable career long before any of the established polemics in pakistan and India found fame and glory in media.

Jealousy element is there ,
He has some history of competition with Indian computer engineers in silicon valley like Vinod Dham father of computer cpu chip made by AMD . Riaz Haq was in the team which designed intel 386 chip .since Indian engineers have dominated the silicon valley there is very less representation of pakistanis that is the problem .

Last edited:

I can name a dozen idiots like him that try to make a living selling half baked junk as research in the US or in every Indian language, nothing special about @RiazHaq . What @RiazHaq especially ridiculous is, unlike the others of his ilk, he seems oblivious of what a fool he is making of himself.

@RiazHaq is a big fan of Congress party of Pakistan!! True representative of Pakistani ideology in India!!

Last edited:
@RiazHaq is a big fan of Congress party of Pakistan!! True representative of Pakistani ideology in India!!
He is true representative of frustration of Pakistanis living in America , they are unable to cope with the rise of Indians in American political and economic field . He knows the deficiency of pakistanis but do not want to accept that their are basic flaws in the mindset in which a pakistani lives in western countries , he is in the same category of zaid hamid who does not want to accept the fact written on the wall .

Animated Clip Of Blue Moon Lander Viral As Chandrayaan-3 Landing

An animated video showing a lunar lander landing on the moon is viral on the internet as a footage of Chandrayaan-3's Vikram lander, which landed successfully on the lunar South Pole on August 23, 2023.

BOOM found these posts to be false; the video going viral is actually an animated clip of the unmanned Blue Moon lander, made by American aerospace and defence company Blue Origin.

Following the success of the Chandrayaan-3 mission, the internet has been flooded with false claims around the mission, along with the individuals involved in it. BOOM has fact-checked multiple claims on old or unrelated videos and images being falsely linked to the mission.

A user shared the video on Facebook Reels, with a Hindi text caption, that translates to English as, "Today India will make history. Jai Hind, Jai Bharat." Click here to view the reel, and here to view an archive version.

We also found the same video being shared on YouTube, with captions claiming it to be a footage of the successful landing of the Chandrayaan-3 mission.

BOOM ran several keyframes of the video on Google's reverse image search, and came across several articles about a large lunar lander called Blue Moon, made by Jeff Bezos-owned aerospace and defence company Blue Origin.

Blue Moon is a series of lunar landers, that have been designed to carry both cargo and humans to the Moon, and are being developed by Blue Origin, along with other companies like Boeing, Draper and Lockheed Martin.

The articles contained images of the lander, which matched the lander in the viral video.

One of the search results was a document by the US National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) providing Lightweight Surface Manipulation System overview for Blue Origin landers.

We compared the image of the Blue Moon lander from the NASA document, and found it to be an exact match with the lander in the viral video (see comparison below).

Taking cue from this, we did a Google search with the keywords "animated video Blue Moon landing", and came across a YouTube video titled, "Meet 'Blue Moon' - Blue Origin's Lunar Lander Animated", uploaded on May 10, 2019.

Looking through the video, we found that the viral video has been made by extracting several clips from this animated video.

We also found the exact same video uploaded on the official YouTube channel of Blue Origin.

Your Hindutva brothers and sisters - the claimants of having more "brains" and "talent" than Pakistanis, are the biggest schmucks on the planet for swallowing Modi's Godi Media propaganda, hook, line and sinker. Your supposed "pseudo-intellectual" and "holier than thou" post notwithstanding.

@RiazHaq bhai may be too nice to engage with your ilk - but I am not. India is home to far more insidious, malicious (and ridiculous) race-baiting propaganda which is the guideline MO of the incumbent political party ruling India right now. The domain of low-lifes ruling over sub-humans.

Your ire befalls @RiazHaq bhai because he shows your ilk with pointed fingers what your shortcomings are, which you won't acknowledge. After serving under Muslims for some 600 years and under the British for another 200, your branding as Hindutva slaves are complete, which you Sanghis prove on a daily basis.

Your wish to get out of the "slave" moniker by aggrandizing everything about India is a farce, because the world knows where India stands on everything. Your fake Hindutva bravado has takers only in India.

Being a Bangladeshi, we bad mouth our country and challenge our leadership all the time, despite our per capita GDP nominal being higher than that of yours in India. These are the marks of independent free-spirited human beings worthy of the name.

However you small-minded bhakts will never do the same to Modi or your Hindutva bandwagon. Mindless slavery personified. Once a slave, always a slave.

Enough said on who has more "brains" and "talent"....

Last edited:
He is true representative of frustration of Pakistanis living in America , they are unable to cope with the rise of Indians in American political and economic field . He knows the deficiency of pakistanis but do not want to accept that their are basic flaws in the mindset in which a pakistani lives in western countries , he is in the same category of zaid hamid who does not want to accept the fact written on the wall .

These "facts aren't written on a wall" Rajesh.

The facts are that - other than a few exceptional people, 99.9% of the Indian diaspora are semi-conscious mostly unemployable slaves of the American workplace, living from paycheck to paycheck. Getting yelled at because that is their aukat, cheap is as cheap does.

I wish I had the shameless tight-thappad-lenewala mentality as most bhakts in the US, but people are born different, you see.

H1B's hardly get paid the same as US Citizens because they have few options. Probably less than a third.

Back
Top Bottom