What's new

Do India's Space Program and Mars Mission Make Sense?

Only 9 pages and 70 deleted posts. Several infractions, mostly to do with insulting OP and trolling each other.

From here on, stick to the topic, if you wan't to debate this issue, debate it, don't mud sling and insult each other.

OT: Congrats to all Indian members on this wonderful achievement, I'm glad to see a South Asian country winning the Space Race. It's good for us too. :tup:

This thread is based on the OP's personal views so it's natural that he will be questioned.

As for the topic - pathetic.

Amen, Sir !

Soon, it will be Pakistan to do the same.

I hope so bro. :-)

This thread is based on the OP's personal views so it's natural that he will be questioned.

Question him and his opinions all you want. The posts that were deleted were because folks here were insulting and name calling. That isn't welcome.

Only 9 pages and 70 deleted posts. Several infractions, mostly to do with insulting OP and trolling each other.

From here on, stick to the topic, if you wan't to debate this issue, debate it, don't mud sling and insult each other.

OT: Congrats to all Indian members on this wonderful achievement, I'm glad to see a South Asian country winning the Space Race. It's good for us too. :tup:

The topic is India's Mars mission and the legitimate debate around it as follows:

India's social indicators are like sub-Saharan Africa's while it is spending money on a space mission like countries far richer and far more developed. Does it make sense? Or is it more important for India to do the hard work by investing in social sector to lift the people to a higher standard of education and health which lead to great scientific achievements with fruits shared by all of the citizens?

As to the graphics, they are not gratuitous but related to the topic of lack of social development and general deprivation in India.

Please reflect on it. Don't be swayed by the angry reactions of some readers who respond with personal attacks and abuse to legitimate discussion on the issue of poverty and deprivation.

The topic is India's Mars mission and the legitimate debate around it as follows:

India's social indicators are like sub-Saharan Africa's while it is spending money on a space mission like countries far richer and far more developed. Does it make sense? Or is it more important for India to do the hard work by investing in social sector to lift the people to a higher standard of education and health which lead to great scientific achievements with fruits shared by all of the citizens?

As to the graphics, they are not gratuitous but related to the topic of lack of social development and general deprivation in India.

Please reflect on it. Don't be swayed by the angry reactions of some readers who respond with personal attacks and abuse to legitimate discussion on the issue of poverty and deprivation.
Hello Mr.Riaz, can you please answer this question:
If you think space research is a waste for countries that are not super rich, why does Pakistan have a space program?

Quest for knowledge, Just because Pakistan cant do it doesnt mean you start bitching about their success. Pakistan wont be able to do this because Scientists are assigned to Auditors General's office because he is NS's Bhateeja and Account is assigned to SPARCO research facility because he was a wadera from Larkana.

Indias Mars mission makes perfect sense. It's their money,their choice what they do with it . What buisness is of any one to ask that question.

I personally think its a great achievement. And once again congratulations to Indians.

Dude, what's wrong with you - what do you gain by posting such biased articles and belittling an enormous accomplishment by such a technically young nation? If it were me, Indian space research and their juggad's could have been a road map for our country. I would've implemented the same for Pakistan, immediately.

If there are more people like you in Pakistan, we would never make any real space progress. I feel ashamed because of people like you call yourselves Pakistani's. Once again "chulloo bharr paani mein doob marro"............

India is home to the world's largest population of poor, hungry, illiterate and sick people who lack basic sanitation facilities. India's share of the world's poorest has jumped from 22% in 1980 to 33% now.
Does it make sense for India to waste its resources on a space program?

Please look at the following:

View attachment 81982

Haq's Musings: India's Share of World's Poorest Jumped From 22% to 33% in 30 Years!

View attachment 81983

Haq's Musings: 63 Years After Independence, India Remains Home to World's Largest Population of Poor, Hungry and Illiterates

Dude, what's wrong with you - what do you gain by posting such biased articles and belittling an enormous accomplishment by such a technically young nation? If it were me, Indian space research and their juggad's could have been a road map for our country. I would've implemented the same for Pakistan, immediately.

If there are more people like you in Pakistan, we would never make any real space progress. I feel ashamed because of people like you call yourselves Pakistani's. Once again "chulloo bharr paani mein doob marro"............

Thanks Bro. for speaking truth...:smitten:

:buba_phone: @RiazHaq is that enough for you...??

Now STFU & Gt lost...:angry::angry:

Hard to say really, I will only speak from experience. China first sent man to space, those cult members , Falungong, were saying Chinese starving, spacecraft worth it? Then it was HK and Taiwan, suprise, surprise, then it was our old pal America and Japan.

All in all, was it worth it? Hard to say, I'll say this though, China's space station, moon landing are no longer talked about in that way, so who's to say really.

cropriaz.png

Do Pakistan's Submarine/Aircraft purchase make sense?
(Looking at 10-12 hours of load shedding all over Pakistan)

I have always admired the education system of India, the madhiyamic syllabus , its a national syllabus & its English I mean all English ! Hindi being just one , I repeat just one freaking subject ! the rest math's , science ,geography, history etc are all in English ! heck even a lower middle class motorbike riding family of India , has their children studying & speaking in English ! the standard of it is appreciated world wide ,personal example I studied in an expensive A-grade, 0/A level syllabus school that too in the mid-east ,the fees of which was more then 1,500 riyals ! per month ,it was a co-ed & we literally used to look down on every other school , heck we dint even considered making friends from south Asian schools But there was only one exception ! a school whose building was an antique , their text book pages made of low quality papers , but that's not the point, because what mattered was that , what was written & thought in there was of High standards ! even though their fees was an insult to injury in front of any high level British medium school at 150, riyal's ,heck I used to spend more on pizza's in a week than that , But there was a problem , a big weird problem, & it was that, this cheap school full of Mallus ! (yes that what we use to call it !) Beat us in every damn inter school debates & competition one could think of ! & that school was Indian school with their madhyamic syllabus !
point I am making here is that ,even though India has a large amount of poverty, it Also has provided an education system of high standards to its children to help them come out of poverties & make a better life for them self's, think about it , up to the early 1990's India had hardly 12 to 15 crore middle class & lower middle class & a freaking Suzuki at their best , today however they have close to 50 crore ! middle & lower middle class ! & cars ranging from fiat Palio, Chevrolet, ford, Hyundai ,Tata, & jaguar , & that my friend is an achievement worth appreciating for ! , because its a sign of a nation progressing, what critiques often forget is that while its true that they, have a large number of poverty, more then Africa, But at the same time, we cannot ignore the fact that, they also have the worlds second largest population of middle class & lower middle class which is more then the entire population of north America !

Last edited:
lol joker.. have you ever seen your pakistan situation? half of your ppl live in poverty, half of your young children cant go to school, have you ever seen your GDP , have you ever seen your HDI, have you ever seen pakistan is a 11th failed state, have you ever seen pakistan is hub of terrorist, have you ever seen your 90% street childrens been molested, stop chanting about other countries you see your ppl first

lol joker.. have you ever seen your pakistan situation? half of your ppl live in poverty, half of your young children cant go to school, have you ever seen your GDP , have you ever seen your HDI, have you ever seen pakistan is a 11th failed state, have you ever seen pakistan is hub of terrorist, have you ever seen your 90% street childrens been molested, stop chanting about other countries you see your ppl first

That exactly is the basis of justification of this crap analysis. Pakistan is in the dumps hence it is justifiable that it does not have a space program. The retarded thinking here is that a space program is only meant for richer countries. Chinese population was starving when they entered the space race. Good thing they didn't have such jokers to put them away from exploring it.

First, you are making claims without citing any data or evidence.

Second, even if all your claims regarding Pakistan are accurate, does it mean that India's social indicators are better than Sub-Saharan Africa's?

Third, if after checking you find that India is no better than sub-Saharan Africa in social indicators, would you still argue that the money is better spent on space program rather than nutrition, education and health care of ordinary Indians?

Here's an excerpt of a UNICEF report:

In the public imagination, the home of the malnourished child is sub-Saharan Africa. But the league tables clearly show that the worst-affected region is not Africa but South Asia. Just over 30% of Africa's children are underweight, but the corresponding figure for South Asia is over 50%. And in Bangladesh and India, the proportion of children malnourished is very significantly higher than in even the poorest countries of the sub-Sahara.

Commentary: The Asian enigma

http://faculty.wcas.northwestern.edu/~sjv340/height.pdf

Personal views are backed by substantial credible data showing India is worse off than sub_saharan Africa. Its first priority should be to feed its people and provide them with basic sanitation.

UN, Indian Officials Agree India Worse Than Pakistan, Bangladesh in Food, Hygiene

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom