What's new

Do Indian men lack respect for women?

In Pakistan I believe(just a speculation though) the practise of 4 wives is not very common. It is in Saudi Arabia for example.What they do is legal but shameful. They even take up young girls from Hyderabad, Bangalore and Kerala - just to marry. There were rackets that 'trafficked' girls to husbands. 'Trafficked' is in quotes because the age of marriage is not equal in India and Saudi Arabia.

I think by and large urban Muslims in both India and Pakistan are pretty much the same. I do however think our impoverished Muslims are more backward in their attitudes than theirs.

But yaar there should then be a serious problem in Pakistan and other Muslim countries. Because in most human societies, males are slightly more than females.

Now on top of that, you have official sanction for each of you to reserve 4 females for himself.

That further skews the ratio really badly.

So if there are 1000 men and 1000 women of sexual concordance, and 250 men take the 1000 women, what happens to the remaining 750?
I thought the stats were other way around! I mean women are more than men. Marrying four women is not cumpulsory , infact Quran says If you can't do justice. Marry only one!

I think by and large urban Muslims in both India and Pakistan are pretty much the same. I do however think our impoverished Muslims are more backward in their attitudes than theirs.

Right at the point!

Yes, my observation as well. But it varies from place to place. Muslims from the East(except Bihar) are quite tolerant. Also Muslims from South India are reasonably progressive. But then we have Hyderabad. If the Muslims of Hyderabad had been everywhere we would have had riots everyday. The folks in the Old City - they are so conservative and openly anti Hindu - you won't believe.

True. But who decides that(in bold)
I thought the stats were other way around! I mean women are more than men. Marrying four women is not cumpulsory , infact Quran says If you can't do justice. Marry only one!

Not in India definitely bro. We have more men. But you got my point na? Even if not 4, and you marry 2 (which is not uncommon at all, even Shahrukh is planning), it still leaves 500 men without women. That is, IF you follow the Islamic path and wait for marriage to get some action.

But yaar there should then be a serious problem in Pakistan and other Muslim countries. Because in most human societies, males are slightly more than females.

Now on top of that, you have official sanction for each of you to reserve 4 females for himself.

So if there are 1000 men and 1000 women of sexual concordance, and 250 men take the 1000 women, what happens to the remaining 750?

You are wrong ..... in the natural order of things for Humans, Women will always outnumber the men, but not by much. I personally think it will follow the golden ratio of 1.61, but that is just a hypothesis.

I think you know what I mean! E.g. Using as Tissue paper etc
no i dont understand.. if you meant premarital/casual sex.. it is done and enjoyed by both.dont paint women as victim everywhere.

Some of them here are very disrespectful and full of hate.

Some? try 90% Disrespectful in their own way....Full of hate in everyother way possible :rofl:

Though I am almost sure many of them get beaten by life/wife , environment / neighbor/ cousin, job or something and then log on to bash the anger out!

I addressed that issue indirectly in post#70....upto 4 wives are permitted(not encouraged) under very specific circumstances....The Arabs do take 4 wives because the Quran permits it..BUT,they almost never follow the restrictions set by the Quran!Islamic law explicitly says that the first wife must give permission freely(not followed by most Arabs).....must provide separate accomodation to all wives....must treat them equally....As long as the Quran agrees with the world view of men,men will follow it....when the Quran differs with the world view of men,men will reject....Religion does not shape a man's world view....Men's world view shapes his religion!

No - I saw the anti Islam websites much later. They are also often incorrect. See bro, I read the Koran when I was much younger. Let's keep that discussion for another thread. Here we should not discuss that in detail. We will be kicked out :D
Then kindly tell me the verse you and @hinduguy seem to have read from your anti Islam websites...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom