What's new

Do Indian men lack respect for women?

Do not disagree & I make no excuses. Just pointing out that even in the west, attitudes have taken this long to change and you still see remnants of the old attitude; just imagine the predicament here.

Attitudes/Culture have nothing to do with Rapes .... This whole" modern western Culture" is better than "backward Indian culture" thing has been going on for ages . People don't respect women because of their culture...they respect women because of the values instilled in them by their parents...

Look at our temples man. The beautiful carvings. Not only the erotic ones. Even the normal court scenes of the kings and wise people and generals and others with the women with bare breasts. Total harmony and enlightenment, with India leading the world. Whereas today we suffer under the yoke of alien morality paradigms and are also rans. No rapes in the bare breasted days. Animal behavior today.

Attitudes/Culture have nothing to do with Rapes .... This whole" modern western Culture" is better than "backward Indian culture" thing has been going on for ages . People don't respect women because of their culture...they respect women because of the values instilled in them by their parents...

Not drawing a direct correlation but values can never be independent of culture for the most part. While values instilled by parents certainly have an impact, the kind of values instilled will largely depend to their own experience of culture.

Dismissing western culture does not solve the problem. Cultures change, they are never stagnant. The attitude of a woman being completely equal to a man(ignore rare exceptions) is largely a modern concept (whether in the west or the East). The west have adapted more to that concept than people elsewhere. There is simply no need to get defensive about this. We all evolve. Some more slowly than others, some in more trying circumstances than others.

Don't get me wrong. I am a great believer in woman equality. But there are gender roles that are biologically ordained. And evolution has not yet ensured that humanity can procreate asexually. Men and woman have to have sex. We may not be tigers and lions to spread our seed far and wide to ensure dominance and carry forward of our genes. But equally lions and tigers only have sex when the female is in heat. Humans are not built like that. God did not build humans like that. We can and do have it through the cycle. So there must be a pleasure reason too besides just procreation - especially that sanctioned by societal norms and mores. And if it has divine sanction, why complain?

Not drawing a direct correlation but values can never be independent of culture for the most part. While values instilled by parents certainly have an impact, the kind of values instilled will largely depend to their own experience of culture.

Dismissing western culture does not solve the problem. Cultures change, they are never stagnant. The attitude of a woman being completely equal to a man(ignore rare exceptions) is largely a modern concept (whether in the west or the East). The west have adapted more to that concept than people elsewhere. There is simply no need to get defensive about this. We all evolve. Some more slowly than others, some in more trying circumstances than others.

And yet 'culturally backward nations' like India, Bangladesh and Pakistan did not have any problem voting 'inferior' women as Prime Minister to lead them. :coffee:

Strange behavior for a civilization that does not consider women equal to a man.

US found it acceptable to vote a black man as a President over a women. It kind of tells me that even a 'black' man is preferred over a 'white' women. We all see what we choose to see.

But China never had first Islamic and then Victorian sexual mores thrust on to them. With the fetish for the untouched hymen.
We did. So while Chinese girls probably put out more and hence you hear of fewer rapes in China, such is the reverse in India.

Maybe the Hans here could confirm?

How is one's virginity correlated to rape? Do you realize you are essentially saying if I'm not a virgin, I can have as much sex as I want.

1) Is this not sexist to women?

2) It doesn't matter how much sex a women is getting or whether she is a virgin, having sex/making love is not the same as getting rape. Can't you distinguish the difference between consensual sex and rape?

I know we know why so women are NOT respected in India. Just look at your mentality towards them.

When it comes to Raping or assaulting women "Cultural values" have nothing to do with it ... Rapes are simply a case of sexual pleasure ....

AM dismissing western culture because some of you are claiming western culture to be better than Indian culture..which is absolutely false . I have already proven it , if western culture was more respective towards women, why does the west have far far more rapes than us ? U.s had approx 85000 rapes with a population of 300 million while India had approx 21-22k with a population of 1.2 billion.... that is a staggering amount ...Now i could also add other facts that 1 in 5 American women are sexually assaulted

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/15/h...-in-us-survey-report-sexual-assault.html?_r=0

Some CDC research has estimated that approximately 1 in 6 boys and 1 in 4 girls are sexually abused before the age of 18.

Child sexual abuse: What parents should know

As is said....its really really bad in the west .....my point is not that its worse in the west..my point simply is if their culture and respect for women where superior, the stats would not be this bad ....

This....has....nothing....to....do....with....Indian....culture.

How is one's virginity correlated to rape? Do you realize you are essentially saying if I'm not a virgin, I can have as much sex as I want.

1) Is this not sexist to women?

2) It doesn't matter how much sex a women is getting or whether she is a virgin, having sex/making love is not the same as getting rape. Can't you distinguish the difference between consensual sex and rape?

I know we know why so women are NOT respected in India. Just look at your mentality towards them.

I have my theories man, and have shared them. Lets not get judgmental here. The fun of an international forum is that you get to learn from the horse's mouth and the information would more often than not be more authentic than frenzied media sound bytes or what you read on the net.

You are Chinese, so you can help with my previous theory and question. Do Chinese girls put out more freely or do you too have the virgin till married fetish we suffer from?

You will notice when I speak about Indian girls not putting out enough, and Indian rapes, I do not speak of Pakistan. As an Islamic country they are used to girls being covered up and out of reach and the guys hence do not get unnecessarily bomabrded with unwanted stimuli.

In Indian scenario, even in tier 2 and 3 towns the girls are getting bolder in their dress sense. Add to that 24x7 media saturated with sex.

But when it comes to getting some, no sir. Shaadi ke baad. And the 1001 nakhre.

Serious problem. Saanp ke saamne been bajao, aur jab saanp naanchne lage, fir saanp ko topli mein ghusane ki koshis karo.

I have my theories man, and have shared them. Lets not get judgmental here. The fun of an international forum is that you get to learn from the horse's mouth and the information would more often than not be more authentic than frenzied media sound bytes or what you read on the net.

Thanks for sharing, your theories had removed any doubt why women are not respected in india.

You are Chinese, so you can help with my previous theory and question. Do Chinese girls put out more freely or do you too have the virgin till married fetish we suffer from?

Do Indian men rape more freely before marriage or after when they had satisfied their fetish ?

the impact of such writing on Indians is zero.. most indians dont know what is written .. I assume you are talking about hindus..
if Indians are backward.. they were so culturally for centuries.. they dont read these books and get those thoughts suddenly...

btw.. quran also has similar verses beyond simply the burqa.. so dont be so innocent..
To repeat.. nobody bothers about holy books unless their writings are used as argument to force change.

Argument to force change on their behalf....every person who accepts literal translation of a holy book rejects parts of it he doesn't agree with as 'symbolic' or 'figurative' or 'metaphorical'......Take the Taliban(or Al-Qaueda) for example.....they are supposed to be fundamentalists who follow the literal meaning of the Quran.......yet they simply don't follow verses like 'killing a life is similar to killing all of humanity' or 'he who kills himself shall go to hell'!

Back
Top Bottom