What's new

Division of Andhra Pradesh

It is a good decision. Now, UP needs to be divided into 4-5 states.

Really wonder the naivety of people.

People who think a separate TG will end the supposed marginalization are in for a rude shock.

One leader who took the route of Telangana agitation since he didn't get his choice of seat in another party whose ancestors are from Coastal Andhra :P a party who doesn't have even a single decent leader in the state shouting at the top of its voice for separation, a party, The Congress announcing this as Ammaji's gift on birthday :sick:

Leaders from Telangana were always escaping from their responsibilities to this day. Let us see what they will do once the state's formed.

One thing is for sure, Congress can kiss Coastal Andhra good bye for some time to come.

I was born & raised in Hyderabad, and I never wanted AP to be divided.

The congress has again earned by wrath.

And Pakistani members (or any non-Indian member) have no need to even comment, cause
you guys don't know a thing that really happens here.

Still a CWC and UPA decision, not official yet and there are lot of obstacles.

Really wonder the naivety of people.

People who think a separate TG will end the supposed marginalization are in for a rude shock.

One leader who took the route of Telangana agitation since he didn't get his choice of seat in another party whose ancestors are from Coastal Andhra :P a party who doesn't have even a single decent leader in the state shouting at the top of its voice for separation, a party, The Congress announcing this as Ammaji's gift on birthday :sick:

Leaders from Telangana were always escaping from their responsibilities to this day. Let us see what they will do once the state's formed.

One thing is for sure, Congress can kiss Coastal Andhra good bye for some time to come.

It is dead end for Congress in Coastal area.... A kinda stupid decision... what i meant... they could approach both sides with possible and acceptable solution for Water, Power and Revenue (HYDERABAD) allotment for both regions.... then Division of AP... But Idiots first Dividing then trying to find solution for the water, electricity and revenue sharing... so more problems to come..... I am not opposing the division of AP but Dividing before providing acceptable sharing for both sides....

AIMIM is against the division and so is the Azad Deccan movement Did India take in account the feelings of all of its people on the matter before making a decision?

I think this decision is against the feelings and sentiments of the MIM. Owaisi will not be pleased.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/azaddeccan[/video]

You will see lots of new political alliances taking place in this new setup. Owaisi's strong hold is in Hyderabad and Hyderabad will be a joint capital of both Telangana and Andhra for certain period of time.

MIM stand is for a united Andhra Pradesh and not for smaller states. But you have to understand this fight for division for a new state was brewing since 1950's.

Actually, he will benefit more if Telangana state is formed and Hyderabad becomes its capital because MIM will have higher percentage of seats in new assembly... but at the cost of division of muslims in other parts of the state.

There are many reasons why people in Telangana want it and people in other parts of state oppose it.
First reason is water, The catchment area of Krishna and Godavari is around 79% in Telangana, but telangana gets only 19% of the water. In a separate state, The water share in Andhra is going to decrease, The people there definitely don't want to lose the water they are getting.

Second reason is Hyderabad. The revenue out of Hyderabad and its surrounding areas is around 45% of the state's revenue. Telangana people say that, Hyderabad is the heart of the area since the nizam days. Andhra people say that we have developed Hyderabad and we won't part away with it. (The revenue from remaining areas of telangana is 16% and not even that amount is used in the development of the area)

Third and important reason for the opposition of Telangana in other areas, The politicians from seemandhra have huge financial interests in and around Hyderabad(Factories, Lands in the name of Binami) and the fact that they wont have any say in the dealings and contracts in Hyderabad.

I would add a personal experience of my father in this matter: According to a G.O issued by Govt of AP, Only people from Telangana should be allowed to take up posts in the area, There was a post of vigilance officer available in Hyderabad Metro water supply & sewage board so my dad went and applied for the post and was the only eligible person who applied for the post but a person from seemandhra was given the post by the MD of HMWS (who himself was from seemandhra). If such kind of partiality is shown by them. why would we want to be part of a unified state.

A little doubt i am from Hyderabad too, the situation u stated is indeed very much wrong to say the least.

Having said that does this mean no seemandhra person faces this situation ?? Are all seemandhra guys so influential and rich ?? they don't face any discrimination ?? can u gaurantee this 100%.

I am shocked about your ending sentence about the partiality, for one instance which will be closer to your heart i agree u generalize the whole seemandhra people !!! wow nice logic.

I won't be surprised if tomorrow people will start saying let the seemandhra fellers leave our state when TG is formed. The next step will be violence no doubt. Right now its at a very lower scale but once the state's formed seemandhra people will be hounded out, already the innocent snickers are being heard every where.

It is dead end for Congress in Coastal area.... A kinda stupid decision... what i meant... they could approach both sides with possible and acceptable solution for Water, Power and Revenue (HYDERABAD) allotment for both regions.... then Division of AP... But Idiots first Dividing then trying to find solution for the water, electricity and revenue sharing... so more problems to come..... I am not opposing the division of AP but Dividing before providing acceptable sharing for both sides....

Even now where do you find proper Congress leaders on Coastal side ?? I can't imagine others than Lagadapati even he has limited appeal. The thing is nobody is against the division, its the manner in which it is done.

Announcing it as a birthday gift, what kind of division is this. I particularly hate the victim hood story of TG leaders i mean there were so many leaders from TG some strong ones too. WTF did they do till now other than filling their bank accounts. Can we expect them to do anything new now?? TRS will not even be there it will be merged in Congress.

But the only ones being blamed are seemandhra people for alleged exploitation :hitwall:

A little doubt i am from Hyderabad too, the situation u stated is indeed very much wrong to say the least.

Having said that does this mean no seemandhra person faces this situation ?? Are all seemandhra guys so influential and rich ?? they don't face any discrimination ?? can u gaurantee this 100%.

I am shocked about your ending sentence about the partiality, for one instance which will be closer to your heart i agree u generalize the whole seemandhra people !!! wow nice logic.

I won't be surprised if tomorrow people will start saying let the seemandhra fellers leave our state when TG is formed. The next step will be violence no doubt. Right now its at a very lower scale but once the state's formed seemandhra people will be hounded out, already the innocent snickers are being heard every where.

I tried to mention there are plenty places aside of TG which is backward.... But people tried to drag me into fight so i left away... for ex consider Prakasham district.. which has more and more fluoride in water than Nalgonda dist... Almost all Rayalaseema districts is deserted.. about srikakulam hahah better not to mention....

Well if all that you write is true then there should be and would a state of Telangana.
I was aware of the water issue but didnt know the rest you write.

Actaully even in single state you cant disallow a person from getting a particular job. You father should have gone to court.

And even in seprate state you cant disallow the people you lived in particular area. All state govt can do is put residential conditions.

You seriously are going to decide the future of a state on one incident ?? :undecided:

I tried to mention there are plenty places aside of TG which is backward.... But people tried to drag me into fight so i left away... for ex consider Prakasham district.. which has more and more fluoride in water than Nalgonda dist... Almost all Rayalaseema districts is deserted.. about srikakulam hahah better not to mention....

That is the irony, some how only Telangana's problems are problems and the problems of these places aren't.

I was laughing at posters, senior too deciding on media reports and personal anecdotes deciding the status of our State so easily.

My first two reasons are based on pure statistics and had been published 'n' number of times in various news papers.
The third reason is based on my and other telanganites understanding of the state politics. If you have any doubt about my personal experience, please go to HMWS&SB and ask its MD, Mr Syamala Rao, why did he appoint a person from andhra as its vigilance officer against G.O.Ms.NO 179 dated 15-04-2011?

As far as hounding out people from other areas is concerned, I have many friends from other regions and every one agrees with me that there will never be a direct threat to them or their business interests. Hyderabad is a highly cosmopolitan city and people from all over the country come here in search of livelihood.

You seriously are going to decide the future of a state on one incident ?? :undecided:

That is the irony, some how only Telangana's problems are problems and the problems of these places aren't.

I was laughing at posters, senior too deciding on media reports and personal anecdotes deciding the status of our State so easily.

I am amazed with the word settler... hahaha...TRS etc are keep calling Coastal n Rayalaseema people as settler... people migrate to some other places to get better employment or opportunity, when the Hyd is capital of AP, what is wrong to move HYD??? when ever they bring that world i felt like HYD is in some other country... in that case AP people shouldn't allowed to go MUMBAI, etc.... almost Banglire is filled with Telugu people they should come back to homes..

You have raised a valid point about what role seemandhra people will play in new state of Telangana. Will they be driven out and their properties confiscated by thugs or will they be delegated to second class citizens.

keeping Hyd. a joint capital of both states for at least 10 years sounds like wise thing for the time being. It will give time for seemandhra people to sell their properties and find new jobs.

Hyderabad as union territory will be ruled out because Telangana without Hyderabad will not have any meaningful revenue.

Congrats to my telangaians brothers out there ... way to go. We know that sense of identity being acknowledged. I hope UP and Bihar could be divided further. No state should have an undue advantage due to high birth rate on the national politics !!!

My first two reasons are based on pure statistics and had been published 'n' number of times in various news papers.
The third reason is based on my and other telanganites understanding of the state politics. If you have any doubt about my personal experience, please go to HMWS&SB and ask its MD, Mr Syamala Rao, why did he appoint a person from andhra as its vigilance officer against G.O.Ms.NO 179 dated 15-04-2011?

As far as hounding out people from other areas is concerned, I have many friends from other regions and every one agrees with me that there will never be a direct threat to them or their business interests. Hyderabad is a highly cosmopolitan city and people from all over the country come here in search of livelihood.

Look dear i never doubted your experience, the only exception i took was to the ending sentence of why should we be with them when they behave so. When you say u have friends from other regions u should clearly know that they too face discrimination or favoritism of some kind ??

Tell me sree how many of the TG leaders who u very well know were in power for long did developments for TG. You seriously expect these people to now start developing the state ??

You want to separate fine but just for the sake of it don't abuse Coastal people as selfish. Your individual experience will suggest so but there are good and bad people every where.

I just hope that the new capital of Seemandhra after 10 years is as or more successful than Hyderabad. Also a few more cities in both cities become major cities and,

best of luck to Telangana and Seemandhra - may both prosper and grow on a competitive basis.

Back
Top Bottom