What's new

Dispatch of 10K Troops to KSA "under discussion": Sartaj Aziz

Similar news but different source

World View: Pakistan Asked to Send 30,000 Troops to Saudi Arabia

Pakistan asked to send 30,000 troops to Saudi Arabia
Reports out of Pakistan indicate that Saudi Arabia has asked Pakistan to dispatch 30,000 troops to the Kingdom as part of a bilateral defense agreement that's currently being formulated in a flurry of visits and meetings between defense and military officials from the two countries. Pakistan's prime minister Nawaz Sharif said:

"In view of current challenges, there is a need to further strengthen defense cooperation between the two countries and a new era of strategic relationship needs to start."
The particular "current challenges" facing Saudi Arabia and Pakistan are the rise of Iran, and Iran's rapprochement with the United States. Both countries fear that Iran will develop nuclear weapons and that, in the end, the West will do nothing to prevent it. Indeed, one of the jobs of the Pakistani troops will be military training for the Saudi army, a function that was formerly performed by American troops.

In 2008, Iran was our bitter enemy, and Saudi Arabia was our close ally. It was in 2008 that I first wrote, based on a Generational Dynamics analysis, that in the coming Clash of Civilizations world war, Iran would be allied with the West, while Saudi Arabia and Pakistan would be allied with China. (See "China 'betrays' Iran, as internal problems in both countries mount" from 2008.)

During the last six years, it's been very interesting to see how Saudi Arabia has moved away from the U.S., while Iran is moving closer to the U.S. The hardline survivors of Iran's 1979 Great Islamic Revolution have been retiring and dying, leaving behind younger generations that like the West, and have no particular animus against Israel. In Pakistan, on the other hand, the people are increasingly hostile to the United States and to India.MEMRI and The National (UAE)

The irony in all this is that Pakistan will sacrifice it's troops to the very people that are supporting the TTP .

This is sad if true!

I can't believe these Al saud, they don't trust their people to defend them so they resort to a foriegn countries but that will never keep their rule to that country any longer people there just have fed up.

The irony in all this is that Pakistan will sacrifice it's troops to the very people that are supporting the TTP .

This is sad if true!

Wouldn’t it be better, if Saudi Apaches came to Pakistan to help them against TTP

I prefer 30k of our troops to be in our country defending our country, given the dire cirumstances we are in... no offense to Saudi Arabians ofcourse but at the moment our country is in a very volatile state...

I can't believe these Al saud, they don't trust their people to defend them so they resort to a foriegn countries but that will never keep their rule to that country any longer people there just have fed up.

Safavids like us aren’t asking for 30k Iranian troops for assistance, @Full Moon:whistle:

We are about to embark on what is perhaps the most dangerous conflict (N.Waziristan) outside the Indo/Pak theatre, I think we need all our troops at home. Yes we have a large number of troops but add to that UN peace keeping duties, insurgency at home and of course the border with India we are stretched brothers.....

I'm sure the Saudis can handle it. If we need to send men, send fewer numbers.

Some of these would be great (against the TTP), with their Saudi pilots.

b40.jpg

Safavids like us aren’t asking for 30k Iranian troops for assistance, @Full Moon:whistle:
We wont ask no one to protect us. We have enough tough man that can protect the country actually we send troops to Syria to protect some religious sites from wahhabies rats and so far the mission accomplished.

We wont ask no one to protect us. We have enough tough man that can protect the country actually we send troops to Syria to protect some religious sites from wahhabies rats and so far the mission accomplished.

Sa7 ya basha

@Surenas you see how afraid they are of you Safavids

Sa7 ya basha

@Surenas you see how afraid they are of you Safavids

Did anyone here claimed otherwise? I think the Wikileaks-cables pretty much speak for themselves.

Pakistan deploying troops (mercenaries for oil dollars) to KSA wouldn't surprise me. Their new president Sharif is like a lackey for the Saudis.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom