What's new

Dirty Politics - Pitting languages - English vs. urdu

Probably the same institution will do the translation the one i referred.
About time they got some work to do.

And the rest is up to the government to make sure future documents are also made in urdu as well.
I can't really comment on how they will do it when they will do it etc.
Only someone related to government can answer questions like these. I am just assuming based on the little knowledge i have.

My whole point of the discussion was that the the delivery of speeches and translation of documents will not send us back to 1800 as far as we keep on learning english in schools,colleges,universities which i am sure we will of course.

P.S. how do i quote someone? +Quote thing doesn't seem to work.

@FaujHistorian
bro... with all the academic stufff aside.. our 24 hours language is Urdu News, communication, journals etc
Every nation has progressed in his own language... italian, US , Russia, Korea,China, japan, germany
point is we have to develop Urdu as scientific language.
Its very widely spoken language so we should focus on it by increasing its vocabulary to meet the deficiency.
"the nation undeveloped in its language, is overall undeveloped"

They did make sure that after leaving Kala Angrez would rule there.
And since then Kala Angrez is ruling.
Before 1947 Subjects were direct slaves of Raj. Now they are slaves of slaves, a very bitter kind of slavery

your announcements AGAINST English,

written in ENGLISH

what an irony!

...while sitting in England! :D

Probably the same institution will do the translation the one i referred.
About time they got some work to do.

And the rest is up to the government to make sure future documents are also made in urdu as well.
I can't really comment on how they will do it when they will do it etc.
Only someone related to government can answer questions like these. I am just assuming based on the little knowledge i have.

My whole point of the discussion was that the the delivery of speeches and translation of documents will not send us back to 1800 as far as we keep on learning english in schools,colleges,universities which i am sure we will of course.

P.S. how do i quote someone? +Quote thing doesn't seem to work.

You mean these guys:

14294779511_2704b6cc78_o.gif

PS: Try using Reply instead of +Quote.

Funny, every european country has its own language as the official language. Every single one.

Strange thing about english; the darker a people get, the more important english becomes.

Loool true. Sad we were not able to spread our language to our european brethrens like we did all over the world.:(
However , you didnt expect us to colonize our own fellow european fellows did you?:)

It's the truth . In fact i am not sure i would have been working for a IT outsourcing firm ( for clients in western world ) if i had no knowledge of English. English have contributed a lot to propelling many poor people in India to middle class .

True, without our language, the world wouldnt be as close as it is today. Cant hate it, cant do without it.:cheers:

...while sitting in England! :D

You mean these guys:

View attachment 236613

PS: Try using Reply instead of +Quote.

Funny how often this comes up.

You know, my location doesn't affect the logic of my argument.

It's the truth . In fact i am not sure i would have been working for a IT outsourcing firm ( for clients in western world ) if i had no knowledge of English. English have contributed a lot to propelling many poor people in India to middle class .

Nobody is saying 'have no knowledge of english.' You wouldn't have got your job if you had no knowledge of IT, would you?

Just so, if your job description needs english, you acquire that skill. Your national language doesn't have to be english to acheive this.

Funny how often this comes up.

You know, my location doesn't affect the logic of my argument.

What logic? All you have demanded is to "Get rid of English and replace it with urdu" based on this statement "the official language should be our own language".

As in every other country, the official language should be our own language.

Get rid of English and replace it with urdu.

If the French President can speak in French on international forums,

the Russian President in Russian

the Chinese in Chinese

the Brazilian in Portuguese

then WHY IS PAKISTANI PRESIDENT & PRIME MINISTER SCARED TO SPEAK IN HIS NATIONAL TOUNGE???

What with tagging indian iranian,chinese, japanese americans in Pakistani political threads ?

I am astounded by the inferiority complex of some Pakistanis and equally astounded by the rigidity of others. There is good logic in having Urdu - your lingua franca - as your language of communication and instruction in Pakistan but there is also strong logic in suggesting that Pakistanis should become equally well versed in the use of the only truly international language in the world - English.

I don't know what this smug faced self-righteousness of English vs Urdu is going to achieve when English and Urdu could be easily accommodated as well.

Urdu should be official along with English and the Prime Minister or any other individual representing Pakistan on an official level should use either of these two languages. Whilst I agree that knowledge of English can be a plus point when interacting with other nations it is also nevertheless important to realize that not all of our official representatives are especially competant in the English language. Rather than making a joke out of ourselves hence it is better if that individual opts for Urdu. After all in this day and age practically all country's except the post colonial nations of Africa and some in Asia use their own languages on an official level rather than the language of their former colonial masters (S. America is a slightly different case as like the US a large chunk of the population there are actually European descendents and Spanish culture and language as such arent alien to South American countries in the way that French is for the Ivory Coast or English for Pakistan). If China, Malaysia, India and even Yemen can speak on international forums in their own languages then I see no reason why Pakistanis should be under any complex that speaking our own language will make our presence less valuable there. But as said if an individual representing Pakistan is competant in English then he should opt for that language as it breaks linguistic barriers.

اردو ہماری قومی زبان ہے اور اسے اہمیت دینی چاہیے۔
Urdu should be official along with English and the Prime Minister or any other individual representing Pakistan on an official level should use either of these two languages. Whilst I agree that knowledge of English can be a plus point when interacting with other nations it is also nevertheless important to realize that not all of our official representatives are especially competant in the English language. Rather than making a joke out of ourselves hence it is better if that individual opts for Urdu. After all in this day and age practically all country's except the post colonial nations of Africa and some in Asia use their own languages on an official level rather than the language of their former colonial masters (S. America is a slightly different case as like the US a large chunk of the population there are actually European descendents and Spanish culture and language as such arent alien to South American countries in the way that French is for the Ivory Coast or English for Pakistan). If China, Malaysia, India and even Yemen can speak on international forums in their own languages then I see no reason why Pakistanis should be under any complex that speaking our own language will make our presence less valuable there. But as said if an individual representing Pakistan is competant in English then he should opt for that language as it breaks linguistic barriers.
بلکل صہیح کھا اپ نے۔

Urdu is our national language and should be given importance as such.

There is nothing wrong with keeping both languages, but a big issue is that English represents the massive inferiority complex and disparity in Pakistan - the Elites speak English, as opposed to the average people who do not speak or understand English. Anyone who doesn't speak English is seen as inferior. That mentality needs to go, the languages can stay.

And when it comes to international communications, it's preferable that if our representatives don't know English properly, they should speak in Urdu and have an interpreter translate it to English, as opposed to making themselves look like clowns reading from parchiyaan and making stupid mistakes like calling the American First Lady ''Mr.Obama''.

Back
Top Bottom